RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks !

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Dont run furmark on amd cards, they have protections and wont run at full clocks.

Run firestrike 20 loop test or superposition game, the game that I have that will be the most fussy is war thunder if something is not right it will exit it self out.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Those V64 LC are a beasts.

BlackZero and OnnA like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Yup, but You need 1440p 120-144Hz Monitor to untap it's FORCE !
    Im not seeing more than 1650MHz for 70-75Hz (not needed even for Apex Legends)

BlackZero likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Also AMD adjusted it's V56 price ;) (IMO Navi pricing leaks are true, or will be even better)
    AMD is offering a huge price cut on their Radeon RX Vega 56 graphics card by offering it at a price point of $279 US.

5. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    And it has 3 games :)

OnnA likes this.
  6. slicer

slicer Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Who is the manufacturer of this Vega 64 LC? Sapphire?
    procreating impressive results!

7. Mafia Man

Mafia Man Guest

GPU:
    XFX VEGA 64 LC
    It's XFX

Been tweaking a bit more 5488
    https://imgur.com/a/JNk2Jjm

Wow, those are great temps! I better start collecting parts

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    apple020997 likes this.
  8. apple020997

apple020997 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    Yes, those temps amaze me too! My only gripes are the CPU temps... with way less load (stock 2700X with XFR and Precision Boost Overdrive) it hits 65°C with Prime95 and 100% fans/pump. I don’t know if it’s the thermal paste (MX-4) or waterblock :(:(:(
    I’m 300% sure there’s a good amount of mounting pressure.

9. Ziffer

Ziffer Guest

GPU:
    RX 6900XT RedDevil
    Hello from a long time reader, who was to lazy registering, in order to be able to type, not only to read :)

Why I finally decided to register? Just wanted to share my experience with my Vega 64 (Strix OC). Upgraded (last Novemver, as long as Vega prices normalized here) from an ex-miner XFX 280X DD Black (people tend to believe such cards are exhausted), which runs like a charm till day.
    Since all of the reviews point the card as a fail, wanted to show my own experience so far :

(the card is only UVed and OCed on the HBM, the core is at stock)

Here the card at stock :

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18210777

Here with my 24/7 setup so far (room for improvement is there for sure, just no time to play with the settings further):
    FS:
    https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18340934

FS Ultra :

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/18443019

Temps range from 65 on the core to 75 on the VRM and Hot Spot (I have a side chassis fan blowing the card directly CM Sickleflow 120mm)

PS I know I can get a lot more from my CPU and RAM (too lazy starting with those, since they run so for 6 years:))

apple020997, BlackZero and OnnA like this.
  10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Gents (and ladies, I hope), I just tried to flash my Pulse56 to 64, following @Jackalito's method (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/r...-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-66#post-5623368), but the process couldn't complete with this message:

"ROM not erased

ERROR: 0FL01"

Tried with devID 0, the devID -i showed, tried disabling the card in device manager, nothing work?

Should I flip the BIOS switch and give it a try? It's just a secondary-backup BIOS, isn't it?

11. The_Amazing_X

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Ok Bios flash gone bad no problem if you have another card or a igpu. put the card on another slot and put the another card on the 1 slot and connect your monitor to that one. Use atiflash again but you have to go on CMD with admin atiflash -f -p 1 rxvega64.rom

The 1 is for the card that is on the second slot 0 is for the frist one.

This metode has safed my rx480 allot of times, I always have a crap gpu for this.

Hope it helps

12. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    First of all, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. If the process went wrong and you ended up with a corrupted vBIOS, what you should first do is boot up using the non-modified vBIOS, then, once on Windows swtich back to the corrupted one, and flash the default one back using atiflash again. Hope you manage to solve the issue without any dramas ;)

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Update Your profile :D (Vega 64? or 56 w/HBM2 Mod?)

14. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    You're right, mate, I need to update my profile with the latest and greatest :D

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

16. apple020997

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    I don’t know the error, but I can tell you that the secondary BIOS (switch towards the PCIe cables) can’t be flashed

17. apple020997

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    https://imgur.com/a/YJV5Lu0

My score on Superposition. I ran it at my daily game settings. For GPU: 990mV/0% freq; HBM: 860mV/1100MHz, timing level 2 (don't know if good or bad, it's 100% stable); stock power limit.
    For CPU: 100% stock+Precision Boost Overdrive. 3200CL16 DDR4. Balanced profile on WIn10 between 5 and 100%. Fans/pump controlled by CPU temp.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  18. apple020997

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
  19. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    First of all, thank you for you answers.

A short time after I posted here, I just flipped the switch to the secondary BIOS position and everything went as it should in less than 1'.

No, no corruption, no problem at all. It just wouldn't complete (even start, to be exact) the flash. The original BIOS is still working.

No problem at all.

This is what a user on another forum suggested, and it was the solution.

Interesting method to be safe, from Sapphire (or is the same in every Vega card?)...you can play all you want with the secondary, but the primary is "read-only" so you can always fall-back.

Now, for the first results...

Power consumption went up (about 30-35 Watts), scores in FS/TS/Superposition etc went down (using exactly the same settings I had on the original 56 BIOS). On the other hand, HBM freq can go up now. Tested 1000MHz, no problem at all. Will keep testing and trying.

I have to find a new sweet spot, I guess.

apple020997 likes this.
  20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So why isn't my memory clocks going above 800mhz even when set to whatever on wattman. I am confused :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.