Version 419.17 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DooGie, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    not crashing on dx12 here either on rtx 2070 and 1080ti

2. knuckles84

knuckles84 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 Sea Hawk EK
    I installed the new Skip ahead build (Windows 18841) and the Problem with the high CPU usage (LS container) is gone, at least for me.

So it ist now realy a Driver or Windows Problem?

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did not say "wrong", I did say "do not bother" because there are no benefits for us consumers.

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This is a normal behavior for the GPU on optimal power when the game doesn't load it to its limits. Sometimes this may lead to stuttering, mostly when you're using vsync.

5. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Driver is working fine here. Just stopping by to say if you have an old GPU that you feel is running suboptimally, try replacing thermal paste - my temps went down 16°C degrees, from 83 °C to 67 °C in the same test. Auto OC went up like ~30MHz too.

dr_rus and Singleton99 like this.
  6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I always switch to adaptive power management globally, and to prefer performance in games`profiles.

The1 likes this.
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Same here, my clocks are always flat max, but this is on 9 series, 10+ have boost3 which seems to be more dynamic.

8. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    It didn't crash on my system either but DX11 is giving me smoother and better performance overall so..! :)
    Btw I tested also FCND and the game is running like a champ! Keepers for me, i'll keep testing more games and see overall stability and performance just in case. No issues to report yet.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had one crash , but I guess that was a alt+tab issue. Next reboot didn't crash anymore.

Will try dx11 now if it's smoother, by dx12 I saw occasional saving/loading stream stutter. Most of the time right before auto save

But that was before I also realized it had optimal plan and everything on default, will try tweaked profile now, btw I'm still at 418.81 atm.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I knew you'd say that so I did a fresh install of 417.75 and ran the game again with the same OC and everything :)
    Still with the Optimal setting.

[​IMG]

Not a single drop anywhere as you see.

@HeavyHemi I'm playing at 3440x1440 and pretty much max settings.
    @tensai28 No, I've seen the same thing in FFXV with frequent drops to 1600 or even 1200MHz, the graph looks like a roller coaster, Mega Man 11 runs at 425MHz and so on.
    @dr_rus One would think that but the frequent downclocking introduces a lot of stutter
    @mbk1969 You're right and it actually solves most of the problems on later drivers though I never had to do this on my 1080Ti.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I switch away from optimal not because it is flawed or something, but because it was introduced for laptop users. For desktop gamers with "F@ck the power economy" motto adaptive is (more) appropriate.

12. KrueLLa

KrueLLa Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1050 Ti
    Finally! Everything is fine for now.

13. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Something strange happening here :

For Battlefield 5, I change some 3D settings in the dedicated profile in NVCP.

When I enter the game, then exit the game and reopen the NVCP => The 3D settings for Battlefield 5 are back to default !

No one else with this issue ?

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just in case: are you sure you clicked the "Apply" button? I happened to forgot several times.

15. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Yes, I did.
    Clearly there is an issue with BF5 and this driver set.

16. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    that is not drivers it is bf bf5 wor't let you change any thing in the control pannel.
    it was in the last update for game.

We have to do that to get sli working in bf5 but it apply to everthing .

Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

To get bf5 sli working again for a game that nvidia says game don't work with sli.

I made a list for you guys and girls to follow in order to make Sli work again.

1. First go make sure "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and unselect read-only on both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin

2. Now run nvidiaProfileInspector.exe and select Profile: Battlefield V

3. Set "SLI compatibility bits dx10 + dx11" to : 0x080116F5

4. Set "Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode DX10" to : 0x00000004

5. Set "Nvidia predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10" to : 0x00000002

6. Click Apply Changes and close nvidiaProfileInspector

7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

Sli should again work with dx11.
    But you need to make sure and unselect the read-only everytime you want to make a change to settings in the future.

or just use bf1 profile and just do this step.
    7. Go back to "C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs" Right click -> Properties and select read-only set both files nvdrsdb0.bin and nvdrsdb1.bin to read-only

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180501/megathread-sli-and-dlss-issues/p6

bOse likes this.
  17. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    Ok, thanks, but I don't have SLI.
    So you mean BF5 doesn't allow at all any changes in BF5 profile in NVCP, even with single GPU ?

18. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    yes you have to make changes and make them to file read only

19. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    This.

I always change to 'adaptive' in Global, never 'optimal', but these drivers are crap regardless, as are all the 400 series ;) The only cure for my random flickering on a single monitor desktop, is the last 399 set, which does not exhibit this problem, although, it is less on the 418.81 drivers, but still occurs.

Tested over 2 cards, a 1080ti AORUS, and now a FTW3 1080ti, one air, the other water ;) Same old random flickering since these 400 crap surfaced. A GSync problem no doubt, but there ya go :)

jura11 likes this.
  20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, it reverts all settings to default (global). changing the two files to read only does fix but then every time you want to make a change in NVCP you need to revert the read-only, make changes and reapply again.

MrBeer likes this.