Windows 10 [19H1] Build 18343

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We fixed the Connected Standby issue that resulted in us blocking PCs with Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 and Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 processor model. If your PC was unable to take Build 18342 from earlier this week due to having one of these processor models, you should be able to take this flight!
    • We fixed the issue that required an additional reboot when performing Reset this PC and selecting Keep my files on a device that has Reserved Storage enabled.
    Known issues
    • Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    • Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
    • We’re continuing to investigate reported issues in the night light space.
    • Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
    • In Windows Sandbox, if you try to navigate to the Narrator settings, Settings app crashes.
    • Mouse pointer color might be incorrectly switched to white after signing out and signing back in.
    • We’re investigating reports of the Chinese version of multiple games not working.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18343/

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
    Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.

Strange Times likes this.
  3. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    what a joke
    they have 2+ weeks left before release

warlord likes this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I was expecting a late March "RTM" with the usual two - three week deployment until it's out in full via Windows Update and such to the general public and one or two cumulative updates perhaps in the interim meaning somewhere mid-April for the full launch of 19H1 but we'll see. Those two issues do need to be sorted and preferably without post-release hotfixes or the monthly cumulative updates.
    (A "bugcheck" issue should prevent RTM entirely but we'll see what Microsoft does, delay might be a possibility if this takes longer and the Creative issue I have no idea if that is on Creative or Microsoft.)

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't forget the last minute secret sauce gaming technology they've added. Who knows what that will break. WTF are they upto?! I wish they signed this off in June and released in July and focus on fixing the damned thing.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah forgot about that, I am curious as to what exactly that entails but so far it looks like they're being quite vague as to the details though I wonder if it's the download process and cleanup when uninstalling that's been prioritized though the surrounding XBox type apps and more could possibly also factor in. At least it seems to only affect Windows 10 Store and UWP applications or packages using a insider version of State of Decay for whatever they are testing here.

EDIT: And this is the right build and not the build for skip ahead which is even jumping from 19H2 to 20H1 and what looks like additional adjustments to the sandbox feature too.
    (Though since both 19H2 and 20H1 builds were now confirmed they aren't going back to the yearly release schedule which I saw as giving more time for feature implementation and testing of said features.)

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Closer to 5+ actually.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    And probably the rest when it's pulled and re-released a couple of times

9. Strange Times

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    rtm candidate in ms office should be in 2 weeks
    official in 5 yeah

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

11. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah... Don't get your hopes up just yet, it doesn't work here on my 1809, gives Code 39 with:
    I mean, I'm used to Creative being totally procreating incompetent in their software support but this is a whole new level...

13. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    installed my card now works again:) maybe just placebo but seems to sound way better? but i have been using my onboard realtek ALC1150 for the past month..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I will wait for a Daniel_K proper repack. Creative installation packages, web download and Windows Update, never worked. Moreover that package lacks of all GUI control panels and settings.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/br...ly-play-xbox-games-on-your-pc-soonish.101789/

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/200140/microsofts-evolving-gaming-strategy-takes-a-giant-step-forward#

https://twitter.com/user/status/1100022173673111552

XBox PC aside it does seem to be quite a change and much bigger in scope if they're revamping the back end of it like that, although an end to content update problems and download issues would be nice at least and then we'll see.

There's also the push for the universal driver delivery and having that as the new standard which well we'll see about that too but I hope that the traditional method doesn't disappear just yet with the issues with Windows Update and driver management.

As for the above well it's not like Windows 10 Store and UWP will replace the standard competing delivery methods via clients like Steam, UPlay, Origin, Battle.net and Epic and others and even with this resolved some other quirky behavior and decision choices could do with some improvements, file encryption is a hassle for one thing and then feature completion and competing with established software a bit better but we'll see what happens, was curious what this change was and now there's some more in-depth details for it. :)

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Universal drivers are a joke. The new realtek audio drivers are much more convoluted than the old one and for some reason they now refuse to install on my pc! So much for universality. I'd prefer the old one anyway, the less UWP code, the better. All they offer is removing the control panel applet in favor of a store bridged or bare bones uwp crap.

Xbox games on PC ... we already have Forza and Gears. Who gives a crap? It's the store, you'd have to be masochist to continue buying games there lol. IDK about Halo. I never played them in their heyday so I can't get myself to care about the old games today. I don't think I'll be subjecting myself to the store when Infinite releases on PC. They could go the epic route and pay off publishers to release on the store only though :D So revolutionary and muh competition:D

I tried this build too via bootable VHD. This is the second recent build that I have tried where start and search completely failed. I had to restart explorer to get them to work again, until they failed not long after. The lack of polish is killing my interest in windows 10. We're 2-3 weeks max to sign off and we have shellexperiencehost being garbage even after all these years, that anti cheat bug warlord keeps pointing out still around, and now this secret gaming technology garbage. God damned bugs as a service ....

Chromium Edge is still MIA. Not even a nightly in sight. What is the point of this releasing so early? lol.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  17. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Not for nothing, but ever since Dona Sarkar took the place of Gabe Aul, Windows development started to go downhill. Maybe she could quit her job and go work with fashion instead? Clearly, Windows is hardly her interest right now.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Windows development started to go downhill after Vista, and Dona has nothing to do with it.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Nope, windows 10 are by far better than both XP and Vista, who were already inferior to 7.

aka2k likes this.
  20. Strange Times

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    Many of you are asking why we haven't released a #SlowRing flight in a while. We have a GSOD that's caused by a very common scenario around gaming anti-cheat codes. Unfortunately the fix is in the hands of our 3rd party partner company that we're working with them on...
    (from dona twitter)

warlord likes this.