Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    That sounds like a ConsPiracY to me

lucidus likes this.
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I like fit girls :D

Undying and Extraordinary like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so apple bios nerfs their phones and computers to push people to upgrade.

microsoft is allegedly making windows 7 worse to force people to migrate to 10, but 10 has its own issues so maybe they just incompetent.

and now nvidia is allegedly handicapping older cards via driver updates.

maybe though that is a good reason not to grab the latest and greatest nvidia drivers if you got an older generation card.

also a good reason consumers should be pushing for some new protections to nuke this "artificial" obsolesce via software scam many companies are making use of.

Witcher29 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    we know what you did there. :p

lucidus likes this.

5. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Good video. Nvidia crap is the first thing I turn off when I start up a game. It's basically thrown in to con silly people into upgrading sooner than necessary. As is said in the video, these "features" have been done better and with less of an impact in other "neutral" titles.

Also, this thread is gonna get a bad case of scurvy real soon...

Turanis likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well euhm...

I can't see hours played in the EPIC client? I guess about 3-4 evenings of several hours of play. I probably explored about 90% of the maps.

Hell no. Tried APEX a few nights ago, it was a bit better but eventually I still got reminded of the fact that it's still a BR game. I just find the BR format as it's currently presented ... boring.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Of course that it looks much better when they cheat! But you don't care about that? Well i rest my case.

Metro RTX is just one big scam.

Btw, don't look at the sites that benchmark that stupid demo, because the actual game works better. And Nvidia is POS!

10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So much anger over a game, lol.

Shataan and Turanis like this.

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Are you saying fitgirl is releasing a cracked version of Metro OHHHHH it is going to get busy.
    I spent $20 Canadian on pre-order steam for this game and got my moneys wrth so far.
    27 hours and still in the desert.

Shataan likes this.
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Somehow i think $0.01 would already be too much for some.

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I just got to the Light House. Having a blast. Literally. ;p

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i blasted through the desert fast apparently, now i lost in the forest people area looking for your partner.

yea i see pirates are sailing the seas and now the people who refused to buy on epic can tide them over till it is back on steam in a year.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    @cerebus23
    It will be interesting to see steam sales numbers in a years time indeed.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I really doubt too many people will care in a year even if it's a goty edition because the mindshare will be with 2020 games instead. It's not like an old console only game is coming to PC (Yakuza :D ) but all the drama that came with the game's release. I wouldn't be surprised they price it at $60 like morons and deflate whatever hype there will be.

I see it takes 12-18 hours to complete on howlongtobeat. I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or relieved considering that its gone open world! Does the game have collectibles like the usual open world?

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah it is crazy,some of those people can spend 1300USD on a video card but will pirate 20-60 game.Makes no sense at all.They have morals lol

ShadowDuke and WhiteLightning like this.
  18. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Maybe they are not gimping GPU's performance on purpose, but they sure dont care about optimizing their drivers (the end result is the same). When GTX 970 is almost twice as fast compared to 780ti and even 7970 beats kepler top dog, then you know drivers are to blame. Of course kepler cards are old but AMD 7970 is even older and yet it is still going strong as it was years ago. Why Nv can do the same? Also if you look at steam survey many people are still using kepler GPU's (and maxwell era GPU's as well) because multiplatform games are still made with xbox one and PS4 consoles in mind, and top dog kepler cards and maxwell with good driver support would run these games without problems even today. 1.5 year ago I was still using kepler GPU for myself and it was still strong in multiplatform games (multiplatform games run much better than on PS4) and it looks like Nv have decided to stop optimizing their drivers for kepler at all just to force people to stop using their older cards and buy a new one.

This particular benchmark is not from included ingame bechmark, but from the most demanding location in entire game (this particular site always benchmark games in the most demanding locations they can possibly find). In regards to ambient occlusion. Hardwareunboxed in their metro exodus tech guide (posted few posts above) talked how various presets change ambient occlusion quality in this game, so are you really sure game is not using ambient occlusion at all without RTX settings? I'm using my phone now with 2960x1440 resolution but it's hard to make conclusion on such a small screen in regards to ambient occlusion, so I would have to examine metro screenshots in my home on a proper screen.

Undying likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Just checked some benches from the RVII review here on Guru. All at 1080p

780ti vs cards you mentioned

GTAV - 74fps 780ti / 54fps 7970
    Far Cry 5 - 51fps 780ti / 52fps 970
    TW3 - 43fps 780ti / 32fps 7970ghz

So... what exactly are you on about?

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    A Tahiti gpu to be faster than full gk110 is crazy. Look at the 290. Those ware the amazing cards.

https://i.**********/LsHqhM8S/Untitled.png

LuckyNumber8 likes this.