Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Well who isn't happy with the performance on some old hardware(not even the top of the line at the time of release), there's only one solution: buy a console and that's that!

Why are we even talking about some gt 220 low end GPU? I could not properly run metro at the time of release, with the best Nvidia had to offer!

The only time i used a low end gpu, was when i wanted to run mafia with nvidia physX, and run it along my 5870 at the time, if i remember correctly..

And PC gaming has options! Lower the settings! and if that doesn't work to your liking, then it's time for a GPU upgrade.

I get that not everyone can/want to buy the latest & fastest gpu on the market, but some of the comments here are really childish lol.

A GPU 4, 4.5 years old is obsolete in my opinion, heck now days new GPUs get obsolete by the minute, if you want to run all mega ultra 4k 60,100 bla bla FPS.. :D

I AM MORE THAN SURE, that my 2080ti will not perform that great in 2 years time, if I want to keep playing at the settings that I'm used to by now.

On topic, this Metro game is a blast to play, and I'm liking it so far. Only complaint I have with the game (and that was the same for the other 2), is that the main protagonist doesn't talk. So many dialogues in this game, you keep watching everyone talking to you, and you just sit there like a moron...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    BangTail likes this.
  3. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    yeeeaaah im sure when you buy 1400euro cards it runs well enough and no one should ever say a thing about performance unless they too have a 1400e card!
    Peasants! Go with your peasant consoles to be peasants!

warlord likes this.
  4. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Oh it totally does, just with a low SSAO radius. Look at where the barrels meet or generally as the walls meet the floor. Believe me, it is there :D
    The game totally has SSAO. Quite obviously, look a bit harder!
    Precisely. Game interiors lit by your traditional methods that are in shadow tend to look really inaccurate, even with SSAO.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    @gerardfraser
    KDC is made with old Cryengine 3 so it's using old SVOTI which performs slower and it's less advanced.

You are missing the point. It's not only AO that's missing here, it's also different types of lighting that are missing. That 16:05 scene looks like something from 2005! That's why RTX looks much better, because it's cheating.

Again you can achieve much better lighting using traditional approach, just like in all other games that don't use RT. procreating logical!
    Btw, i work on my own game, so i know what i'm talking about.

6. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    You may want the interview I had with the developers - they are using state of the art indirect lighting for the normal non-ray traced version of the game. The game uses a form of voxel global illumination in standard mode. It is just that much any game with dynamic time of day and moving world shadows and a large world has terrible looking overhang shadow areas.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Wow! Congrats! thank you for kind words! You got nothing from what I've said, but manage to answer childish and vindictive lol.

The game doesn't run with all bell $ whistles on my PC as well, and I'm not complaining about it lol. Anyone can talk and express their opinions, I never said otherwise.

This next one is for enjoyment: Oh yeah, I'm 15 years old, I do nothing but keep sucking money from my parents to buy me the latest & badest GPU on the market as soon as it is released!!! I hate consoles!!! I hate poor people and was born very rich!!! Long leave the PC MASTER RACE! . I hope you do fell the sarcasm….at least. But don't feel offended by that. It's not that I called you names or something like that.

AsiJu and BangTail like this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    And I'm working on mine so I also know what I'm talking about.

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Aww so kind. I registered here when i was "minus born age", I am indeed 15 years old and unemployed. Im such a peasant arent I my Serb dude.
    Some people do indeed need to "Long leave the PC" mustard race.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @S.T.A.R.A.C.

Who gives a monkey's if you are 'working on a video game', it doesn't make your opinion any more valid than any one else's in this particular instance.

Have you seen how many crumby games there are out there these days (I'm not saying your game is one of them btw, just pointing out that you constantly try and use this to qualify your opinion where it does not).

Further, since when do I have to be an aspiring game developer to interpret what is happening on my monitor?

The lighting with RTX enabled (especially in darker areas) in Exodus is unparalleled, I've never seen such realistic lighting in a game, that's my experience with the hardware I actually own.

Are you telling me it isn't because 'you're a game developer", I think not.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I'm not so sure about that.
    Such a shitty graphics that you have in that DF 16:05 scene doesn't even exist in older Metro games. Ok!? They just didn't bother at all.

So by your broken logic the people who don't even know what the game engine is are somehow competent to talk about the game development!?

And i have seen even more realistic lighting in KCD. It's also ray-traced and much more accurate.

cerebus23 and Turanis like this.
  12. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    If you read up on CE svogi, you can see it has some serious limitations vs. what metro does, letalone the obvious problems that voxel size have regarding small thin objects or covering moving objects/having contribution from moving objects.

BangTail likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @S.T.A.R.A.C.

But we're not talking about game development, it's your 'broken logic' that is at issue (again).

We're talking about a feature set that is intended for mass adoption in the consumer video card market.

You seem to think that constantly claiming that you are 'working on a game' somehow makes your opinion more valid; it doesn't.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Cmon guys keep it ontopic lol.

BangTail likes this.
  15. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Who needs on topic when you have popcorn?

AsiJu and BangTail like this.

16. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I wouldn't argue with a game developer, he seems to know it all.

Stone Gargoyle and BangTail like this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, indubitably :p

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  18. @S.T.A.R.A.C. Broken Logic?

I’m glad you’re working on your own game; it’s not a calling card to invalidate anyone’s opinions or experiences. In anything - gaming or not; yours is broken logic, think it through.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
    BangTail likes this.
  19. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Both methods have limitations. That's the hardware problem. But SVOTI is more accurate because it's multiple light bouncing solution, while this Metro RTX is only bouncing light from the Sun, single bounce.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I caved and bought this. Fortunately I never said I wasn't. So I'm not a huge hypocrite. I did get annoyed with dev comments about console only. That being said, some of the textures in this game remind me of 2004's Half-Life 2. But the lighting, the actual environments perspective, shadows, lights, etc is probably the best I've seen in a video game.

Strange mixed bag. Beautiful at times, stunningly so. Down right laughably ugly at times, shockingly so.

BangTail, WhiteLightning and AsiJu like this.