Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I noticed that the fps drops in the dessert are only there in daylight, probably because of allot global illumination in the day time.

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    But your stutters are still there right? I never had any issues with crashing when I use DX12, just stutters.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Played for 5 hours today straight no more crashings in dx12 this game is weird lol.
    But more stutters tho, like little freezing if u going from area to area only in dx12.

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    That area is pretty demanding with the open spaces, seems to hit one cpu core really hard.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i swapped form med to high game settings and my studders vanished or luck of the draw still using dx11 tho, only thing i touched was med to high and the game just ran flat out better wo the highs and lows that were increasingly constant.

dunno maybe worth a try to try swapping up in some cases see if it holds though.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    This game has by far the most realistic graphics of any game I've played in a long time! :D No released game currently comes close in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Undying, Turanis, pharma and 4 others like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Only thing annoys me besides the dx12 crashes, is the clipping walls and boxes they use a ton in the game world to keep you from making some jumps or keeping you walled off from going a certain way. Why i always modded the clipping areas out of the bethesda games :p.

Would not be bad but there some really blatant ones especially when your exploring and trying to get into places. Some of which the game does not want you accessing outside the story. Did manage to glitch back into the cathederal after taking forever to get out of there, and since there was no boat to take to leave they had walled off the entire "exit" area boat dock with invisible wall. found a few things i had not found but i did not feel like spending another 2 hours glitching my way back out of that area across the river, so i rolled back like 2 hours rather before i had gltched my way out there.

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    anyone tried to run on on high\ultra on 1070 ? saw the benchmarks but i understood
    its from the benchmark tool and not the game itself.

wondering if my 1070 can keep it steady 60 frames on ultra settings.

not that im buying it ATM.. still mad about that Epic issue.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you will be playing on medium. but dont worry, it looks great!

10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Bs gpu physx still in redux. Nvidia physx indicator shows it also ingame files.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Like 2 fps stutter? I have it too. Didn't tried dx11.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Well i don t think having a 1070 and not being able to play this game at 60 fps is normal, u spend on a top end graphic card to only get barely 60 fps, then there s definitely something wrong with the game

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    In some levels maybe.

I was hitting great frames on Ultra until I reached the desert map... holy mother of... my frame rate tanked immensely in that map.

14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Its nothing wrong,its new game,new tech provided by Nvidia.You dont need to play at full Ultra with that...almost 3 years old video card. :)
    If dont play at Ultra with Gtx 1070 its something wrong?Maybe Nvidia wreck the drivers for Pascal,who knows.
    And,btw,original Metro 2033 do the same,not playable at Ultra in that time.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Stop crying about performance. Pc gaming is all about future graphics innovation and demanding new Gen of hardware to push things even further beyond. Imagine what failure pc gaming would be if you could max out the top featured game of the year with trash cards like 1070/2060 or fury/590. RIP pc master race.

BangTail, Witcher29 and Turanis like this.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The original Metro was actually far more taxing to the systems in those days. Everyone was saying "can it run Crysis?" but Metro 2033 was very similar to Crysis in that regard.

Turanis likes this.
  17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Wrong,i was able to run metro 2033 on a gt 220 1gbddr3, a shitty low end graphic card, at 1280* 800 30 fps back then

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    It s a gtx 1070, a card able to play any game at 1440p and u tell me it s old, look at the youtube benchmark, when there is snow effects some areas the fps tanks to 30s...that is not acceptable from a 450 usd card if u claim it s old ,although it s the other way around, the game is not optimized enough

19. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It's annoying that many PC gamers seem to think that running a game means all settings must be maxed out.

Regarding the earlier Metro games, Metro 2033 got a huge performance boost simply by using DX10/10.1 instead of DX11. In almost all cases, "new" features will kill performance in a game.

I had liked to see a comparison of Metro 2033 and Redux running on the HD 4870 and 5870.

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well.. my mistake. i should have said in the 60 frames area.. and not steady 60. :/

if il have some dips to 50~ its ok.. i was just wondering about it.

im passed that point that i need max settings \ AA and stuff to enjoy a game.
    something that comes with age i guess.

it will be fine for me to play at 50-60 on high\ultra\medium combination.