Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Don't most people in this thread discuss Star Citizen? or is that a different thread

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    game is in development limbo, it baffles me why people still mention stuff about it, it will come out maybe in the next 100 years..

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You realize the game gets quarterly patches filled with content right? Like they literally just added a planet, multiple moons, quests to do on all of the above and a massive city hub where you can rent/buy ships with in game currency?

GetMax, HandR, XenthorX and 1 other person like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    runs fine on my video card ;p.

XenthorX likes this.

5. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Don't feed the.......

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Last time i ran the demo it was unplayable , absolutely lag fest and slow motion, game is unoptimized as shite..

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    3.3 they rolled out blind culling and i think limited object container streaming which made a MASSIVE dif for EVERYONES FPS.

Outside the new planet areas game runs 3x better then 3.0 up till then. Which yea teens and 20 some fps was the norm because the network code was refried garbage, and they still in the process of refining both systems so more gains are expected they got BC OCS and general "optimization" updates scheduled across i think all or most of the scheduled update tasks for the rest of the year, and we still got dx and vulkan support probably next year at some point so gfx love down the road for the s42 release window at the very lest we should see gfx apis fully supported.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is Vulkan still the intended api?

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They talked about it and apparently its coming. I would like they start working on it instead of bringing more and more ships no one needs. Content first i guess then optimizations and new api.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I wonder how many people have died while waiting for this game.

droopy_ro and cerebus23 like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Even at this point there is many hours you can put in SC, like 50h of gameplay, alot of stuff you can do and visit, its fun and game looks amazing.

If im not dead by 2020 when S42 releases then it was worth it. Gives me time to prepare my rig for it. :p

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    damn, this thread is 6 years, 4 months and 6 days old.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thanks you for letting us know.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    You're welcome.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    another 8 months and fallout 4s dev cycle would be complete.

hard to tell but the old republic mmo that cost well over 200 million in 90s dollars, was in development probably around 6 7 years itself with a ton of people working on in at one of the largest studios around at the time bioware.

half life 3 .......oh wait.

6 years 3 of which not at lot of work got done on the game because they were setting up studios and developing tools to design and work with. on top of the 2 years it took to recode cryengine to have 64 floating precision in its physics grids so they could build a game on the scale they wanted star citizen to be at. so the big lifting on the games code and what did not really start 2 to 3 years after the ks starter was over. that is when they really started hiring people and getting work flows established. why in the last 2 years or so the development has accellerated rather rapidly compared to the first 4 years where just base level ground work was going on to begin to make the game.

so sure throw shade at cig for not making a 20 to 40 hour single player game on top of a semi mmo sandbox universe and not having a game released already.

Silly if you ask me with the 3.5 and beyond updates shaping up the PU into a much more complete "game" with new systems and planets being added over the next year. sq42 will likely be out end of next year for a holiday release if they could pull it out, or q1 q2 next year. i would hope they get it out end of this year just to silence some of the critics.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    A bit too defensive right there skip, I don't see any shades thrown.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    :p see it so many times a week on youtube and spectrum forums maybe i just sensitive it to it.

just hilarious the same people will flame cig but defend studios that easily take comparable development cycles and similar budgets.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yeah, seems like you're too sensitive. I didn't mean to put any downers on this game. I hope it turns out great because I've invested in it. But when I saw this thread come to the top of the gaming section, I thought to myself, damn, let's see how old this thread is. That's all.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got dragged into backing 2 years out think i was a few months before the flight module was available and another years before they got that engine redo done. because i recall seeing the hanger module and being like "this is it? where is the game?"

and hey the game is finally getting here and here is hoping that squadron 42 and the persistent universe will eventually be amazing.

I already got an account worth over a 1000 and with all the backer flair and a few LTI ships, some of which have inflated value due to age and price increases, as long as the game does not suck or goes bust i could in theory get good value for my investment if i was so inclined. Got real money into the account after all nm what value i could add grinding post release.

So yea i kinda want the game to succeed and etc, not that i am going to sugar coat any reviews when it comes down to it and we got a game to review. Shilling if the game sucks is not going to fool hardly anyone. fingers crossed the game is great to 9 10 area.

XenthorX likes this.