Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    classy epic support sound on par with EA customer "service."

and these guys wanna compete with steam? so glad fortnight took a blow from apex hasten that games decline. that going to make that cash to toss around tighter.

but here is a random thought if epic store imploded utterly what would happen to all those games on there? between cs and they way they choosing to do business they not headed anywhere good.

They one security breach or major store implosion away from their little empire crumbling :p granted this is worst case defcon 5 stuff but they not doing themselves any favors at all with customers other than decent pricing if the exchange rate stuff does not bite you in the arse.

BangTail and AsiJu like this.
  2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    So you stuck on the train?

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    No I am out in the wild on the big Island after scouting out 90% of the Island, I am at the dock to finish the first quest after sort of saving the Mother and Kid.Also the cut scenes drive me crazy when you do not even get to play the game.
    Just went back in game had second lock up in DX12 so going to switch to DX11 and see how it goes from there.

I think this is funny even though I did not understand a word of it.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @CPC_RedDawn

.91 driver seems to have resource issues for some, mem and CPU usage based on driver thread.

Try .81 driver just for the sake of it.

5. mooney4321

mooney4321 Member

GPU:
    2080S Seahawk EK
    So.. no SLI support?

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm noticing a nice difference in graphics with Rtx. Now the thing to wonder about like I think another poster brought up is if the Rtx visual appearance has been achieved in other games using methods/tricks other than ray tracing.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well im downloading it now , i could not resist anymore lol

AsiJu likes this.
  8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

Yeah ive changed the FOV @ 3440x1440 UW, as it looked a bit stretched, like the previous games did, until i changed their FOVs too, looks much better now. :)

Default FOV 60.

https://i.**********/5yVLr2qm/Exodus-FOV-60.jpg

FOV changed to 65.

https://i.**********/28jBLJH3/Exodus-FOV-65.jpg

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Hmm, I haven't had any issues in DX12. From what I've been reading so far, I was prepared for some bugs but so far it's been smooth sailing.

Shataan likes this.

11. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    me too played around 5-6h no crash or bugs!

Shataan likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I bought this for Xbox One X while I wait for the game to hit Steam next year. Seems good so far; retains the feel of the previous games and the same HUD/fonts for a consistent presentation while ramping up the visual detail. Faces are much improved with less of the dead eye stare of the earlier titles. Runs at 4K on the X at a mostly locked 30 fps at least during the first 2 hours I've played. Controls do feel heavy even for a 30 fps shooter but that may be intentional. I do wish the game had been 60 fps like Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux on PS4 and Xbox One.

The game starts off very linear and very narrative focused before reaching the first of the surprisingly large and open-ish areas which makes exploration a lot more fun (if more dangerous) than previous instalments. Still have annoyance issues like not being able to climb over or under things that you really should be able to, simply because the game does not want you to go there. There are also bugs such as in the train stealth section one of the enemy soldiers somehow got stuck INSIDE the train behind the wheels and while I could see him, I was unable to kill him. Fortunately, he heard my shot and attempted to get out, at which point I was able to kill him and the story advanced.

Also, the developers have still kept Artyom as a mute during cutscenes, for whatever reason, yet he narrates the story during the (few) loading screens! Don't understand quite why he doesn't speak but it is jarring. This isn't an RPG, you are clearly playing a named character so there really is no reason to not have him speak IMO.

I like that the game has finally moved away from the small room sized levels separated by narrated (if thankfully short) loading screens because they do break the immersion somewhat in my view. They are still there but in 2 hours of playing the game I only saw two so I assume the game streams data in, perhaps during cutscenes, to reduce instances of loading screens?

cerebus23 and Mr.Bigtime like this.
  13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Digital Foundry tech review for Metro Exodus PC version. Yep, this game is a technological badass! :D

pharma, -Tj-, D3M1G0D and 2 others like this.
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    PC version supports gamepad right?

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    For consoles there is 1080p 60 fps option too ?

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    why would u use a gamepad for FPS...

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it s not uncommun that russians don t like to speak, even in cs go, they never give info when they play lol

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well looks like ill be playing at medium , but with hairworks,tesselation and advanced physics on @ 1920x1200.
    The game looks amazing , and its 60fps.

yep

Mr.Bigtime and pharma like this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    worth getting this guys? checked out a couple of streams and it looks indeed pretty good. I don't like to spend over £40 for a PC game though so kinda sat here trying to decide what to do.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    less you got some other AAA fps effort to play atm, why not? only reason to not is the epic thing and that can be gotten around going console or rolling the dice on key sellers. rage 2 is soon so that may be more your cup of tea. like stalker games though? this very much feels like that game with the exploration gritty dark and detailed and some "scary" stuff.

At the very lest it is a good/very good game and has potential to be there when goty rolls around. long way to go yet but that was one of the hopes for this game and it has managed to keep hope alive through a release though it has bugs and issues need sorted soon hopefully.