Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Hmm I don't know then. If you select extreme in the benchmark the shading rate is put on 200%.
    Could anyone tell us what extreme IN-GAME actually does?

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Sharper image and slighty better shadows.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Pretty sure that's a bug. Did you see whether there was an impact on your framerate when you enable it? I have both Metro Redux games, and I remember that I was unable to turn on GPU PhysX because the games didn't support it as they used the new PhysX 3.xx which is optimized for the CPU.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    It have a little inpackt on my FPS. But the game have a file named Physx3Gpu_x64.dll

Edit

In Metro Exodus the second Physx file is named Physx.3Cooking_x64.ddl

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    The original Metro Last Light used PhysX 2.8x if I recall, and the GPU PhysX hit to framerate was significant. I remember using an old GTS 250 for a dedicated PhysX card for that game, but even then I could have some performance drops.

*Edit* I checked the folder for Metro Exodus and it does not have that .dll file. That means that GPU PhysX is not supported by the game. And like I've been saying, it's not a big deal. GPU PhysX would only have tanked the framerate even more as the GPU already has enough on its plate.

CPU PhysX is much faster these days, so it makes sense to put that workload on the CPU.

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Allright game got a really big stupid problem for me, on dx12 i get small freezings when enter new arenas, and now the game just crashed with no warning message to desktop.

I try dx11 see if thats better, i play on 1440p @ extreme, but it doesnt look that extreme to me fps between 70 and 90 but game keeps crashing.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Seems to be missing some patch data with the Steam version, going by info on other forums the Epic version uses 1.0.1 and Steam is 1.0.0 and it seems that alt-tab listed as fixed does indeed result in a crash so maybe the rest isn't present either.
    A quick update earlier today only saw the benchmark exe updated but not the rest of the game data.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I got the game last night at midnight. Set it quickly to just DSR 2804X1183. Enabled ALL the bells n whistles. DX 12, set to Extreme etc. RTX on. Gotta say, pretty impressed. Ended up getting 2 hours in. Might restart later today cause there is just so much detailing everywhere you look. Feels like I`m playing cutscenes. Very well done. Interestingly so. No issues to speak of. Will try a higher DSR later at some point.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    First, this RT does not work like real lighting as some people think. This isn't even close to the real lighting, so stop talking about it like it's something revolutionary.
    In Cryengine you have SVOTI or voxel ray-tracing with which you can achieve the same results. And it performs way better. So it's not only Nvidia.
    Developers actually don't like these solutions like RTX because it makes their job even harder. This could only be accepted massively if it is like SVOTI which you enable in the engine and it's automatically applied to your entire map. But to expect that every team will develop their own RTX is wishful thinking, especially when consoles are primary platform.

It's is just the latest Nvidia buzzword, and people are falling to this.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    does this game have HDR? does not seem so..

11. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Metro LL Redux have the GPU file in the map.
    [​IMG]

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It does but there's no in-game options for it.

EDIT: Sliders and such for additional brightness adjustments I mean.
    (DLSS also has a bug currently where if used the gamma is much brighter with HDR on.)

serbicu likes this.
  13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Damn the game is pretty sweet. been playing a bit this afternoon, ill probably get it next week.

Shataan and cerebus23 like this.
  14. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I'm getting crashes in in the beginnen in the tunnel. I'm stuck this is not funny.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    lucidus likes this.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well frack me DX12 4K Ultra settings notice some stutter in opening cut scene which was fine.
    Played for 20 minutes thinking wow what a great looking game and running smooth 4K and boom computer froze and had to hard reset,
    damm I thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider was bad for crashing when at tabbing when first released but I can not remember a game that actually
    froze the computer.

I have hundreds of hours in Kingdom Come Deliverance and Assassin Creed Odyssey since SOTTR .
    Come on patch for fix.Guess I am not the only one on Steam version that getting crash.I do not care anyway it will get fixed.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    roll back the patch or play in dx11 i wager it this mini update did something some speculate it did not deploy properly, dunno no crashes last night some heavy load times and was getting the studders and freezing on area change but played out to the train sections where i quit last night zero crashes.

got that little update this am bet i start crashing today when i play.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  19. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    EPIC Store version is updated to 1.0.11 , mine on STEAM is stiLl 1.0.0.0 !!!

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

Anyway, see y'all 2020.

AsiJu likes this.