GeForce 418.91 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    DSR is downscaling. You run a higher than native resolution, which hurts performance.
    DLSS runs lower than native, and upscales. It's something you can we could do since forever, but DLSS is supposed to use 'AI' (tensor cores) to provide better image quality (sharper, anti-aliasing).

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    "Sharper"

Only dlss 2x is interesting otherwise it's a crap technique ai or not.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Technically, you can use DSR for upscaling. In some cases such upscaling will be of better quality than using your TV/monitor's upscaler.

4. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    looks worse than fxaa + TAA on resident evil games, is like putting the game on medium settings. I hope is just a bug

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    From ManuelG:

''We are continuing to train on Battlefield V and we plan to provide updates to our deep learning neural network via future NVIDIA software.''

Also, Metro will get some improvements tomorrow..

ADDITIONAL PC FIXES SINCE REVIEW CODE WAS SENT:

• Fixed Locking of player input after scene of rescuing Yermak
    • Removed v-sync option from benchmark launcher
    • Tuning and fixes for Atmos audio system
    • Fixed memory corruption in DX12
    • Fixed crash on launching game on old AMD CPUs
    • Fixed crash after changing of resolution and Shading Rate to 4k/4x on Video cards with 2Gb and less
    • Fixed blurred UI when DLSS is enabled
    • Fixed visual artifacts for RTX high mode
    • Fixed input lock in when patching gas mask during combat
    • Fixed forcing to V-Sync on after alt-tabbing the game running at maximal available resolution for the monitor
    • Fixed crash when pressing ALT + Tab during start videos
    • Fixed forcing of V-SYNC mode if the game resolution is different than the desktop
    • DLSS can be applied in the Benchmark
    • Tuned DLSS sharpness to improve image quality
    • Updated learned data for DLSS to improve image quality with DLSS on

tensai28 and Kolt like this.
  6. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Well, my LG 34 inch monitors rez is 2560X1080. I DSR to 3840X1620. And it looks waaaaay better than default res. So to
    my eyes it looks upscaled. Now if DLSS is supposed to work best AT 4K..... why would they need any downscaling? I don`t understand the supposed logic to this. hehhhe I don`t want a 4K game visual downscaled. That won`t look sharper/crisper. It would look worse than the higher rez.

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    How do you get it to do that?

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    You're confusing terms. You're currently downscaling, you're running at a higher resolution which hurts performance. DLSS is most beneficial at 4k because it won't actually render the game at 4k, it takes a 1440p resolution and upscales it to improve performance.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Use a below 1x DSR factor, like 0.75x will give you 75% of your native res. I'm not sure if it's possible to add such factor right now though.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Your memory is failing you....:p

"Yeah, the problem is that there's no way of getting a simple box / integer scaling of low resolutions. When you scale 640x480 to 1920x1080 you're getting a blurred / filtered picture which in most cases look worse than the same picture would look like without any kind of upscaling filtering - with just big ass pixels."

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-please-enable-dsr-ratios-lower-than-1.394169/page-3

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere about such possibility. Anyway, I don't use any kind of upscaling ever so whatever.

12. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    well, I don t really have any performance issues. My games run great. So I doubt I`ll even bother with DLSS. because going by your description of it, it only simulates high res. I don t need to sim it. I just want it as eyebleeding crisp as I can get. I guess it d be great for everyone who cannot use high res though.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Perhaps I was being too obtuse or should have mentioned that post dated from 2014...folks have been asking about/for this for a long time.

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm not sure why you want things eye bleeding crisp when that leads to headache inducing jaggies. The reason why we have AA is because 'eyebleed' crisp edges are generally not natural in nature. Leaves, trees, just about everything is ROUNDED. This is one reason AA is important even at 4K. 2K assets do not magically loose their edges when run natively at 4K and native 4K assets are a large perf penalty. We all live with the compromises of rendering.

15. Litoportugal

Litoportugal Guest

GPU:
    Msi 290x 8gb 2x
    hi I like to know if guys at NVidia can help or not is about apex game crash all of the time with you new drivers and the prevision driver the only drivers the game don't crash or freeze is with drivers 417.71 the game runs smooth and with no crash at all.. GPU is 2080 ti, and every time I use the new drivers or the ones before, I have window popping up and game crash.. I like to understand why it work with "drivers 417.71" and not with new NVidia drivers

apex not working with driver 418.81 or 418.91 with this driver is always crashing and etc etc, like same information and explanation NVidia???? serious

the error is..

engine error

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERRROR_DEVICE_HUGE the applications device failed
    due to badly formed commands sent by the application. this is an
    design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed "

16. Thanks for letting me know.

17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    This driver gives me double memmory in use so maybe a leak ? Installing cleaned version now and check what happens

Yep just as I thought cleaned version is ok full version eats up my 16 Gig of memmory

18. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    How about "Nvidia Container" with cleaned version ,does it "fix" high CPU usage?

19. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    For me the installer doesn't show GFE. Altough I never install it, is it normal not to be present in the list? Also, If I disable "High Definition Audio Controller" in system devices, then "HD Audio controller" (HDMI) doesn't show up in list either.
    My point, is that crap GFE installed by default or what?
    Windows 7 x64.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    No, it's still the same as before. You need to choose the driver + GFE in the installer if you want GFE.
    There's no GFE option if you install your drivers via GFE updater.
    So it's only while your OS fully boots and then it goes away or what?
    Nothing unusual here on 1809, CPU usage spikes to ~10% for a second or two while the service loads after OS (re)boot but that's normal. I'm booting from the HDD if that matters.
    It goes back to zero afterwards.
    Could be some fast-ring bug if your CPU usage doesn't drop.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019