Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm excited about the DLSS improvements. I'm really hoping they sorted out the blur.. because I absolutely want to play this game with ray tracing on (I like the immersion/realism factor, don't mind it being "darker"), but I don't want to play at ~40fps.

Shataan likes this.
  2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    [​IMG]

That's funny.

How long has BFV been out now and there is still no official SLI support for DX11 (I know you can force it with other profiles) and absolutely no SLI support for DX12.

Ditching SLI was by far the best move I've made where PC hardware is concerned in recent history.

And I'm not gloating btw, I totally feel your pain (and I hope they add support sooner rather than later).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    XenthorX and RzrTrek like this.
  3. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I'm reserving final judgement until I see the improvements. I was thoroughly burned with BFV DLSS so we'll see with Metro.

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Finally a post that actually care about tech advancement. From my experience, DLSS on FFXV is very impressive. I'm sure M:E and BF5 are having some bugs or setting issue per M:E patch note. Look like they are quite a bit of setting for the developer to play with in DLSS. This is a great news and good insight into how DLSS work. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Tomb Raider RTX and DLSS implementation (IF it ever happen). Metro Exodus will have to wait till next year on Steam.

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Raytracing seems implemented via an other way, correct illumination of light? Instead of reflection only(?) in BFV? I ver much like this way too. But I depserately need SLI to get it smooth too (5K)

6. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    My friend who works @ eurogamer.nl told me that the game runs allot faster on dx11 then dx12 ? he said it was like re2 remake he got like 10 to 12 more fps on dx11. IF this is actually true then i play on dx11 aswell, i did the same with the re2 remake.

About sli and stuff i remember when i had a second msi gtx 1080 ti gaming x in sli when i ran metro 2033 and last light redux i could use ssaa4x and everything else on very high and i had a super high fps between 75 and 110 i cant do that anymore with a single gpu.

gtx 1080 ti in sli is about 15 to 20% more powerfull then a single rtx 2080 ti.
    Same as with the witcher 3 it had excellent sli scaling, but in the end i sold 1 gpu cause of money reasons. I still kinda regret it for the huge performance gain but then again not much games are supporting sli anymore, Nvidia just dont care anymore i gues.

I just hope they make the performance worth the wait with that day 1 patch, expect a small downgrade tho in gfx, but we probably dont even see it, cause we didnt play it before :D

BangTail and Rich_Guy like this.
  7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You really think that ray tracing is the main factor behind the atmosphere and immersion?

RT is the least important element here. With RT on in some situations the game looks washed out, too dark.

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Lot of comments here for a game none of us are buying...o_O:D

BangTail and Undying like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Trust me many of them are still buying even after all that bitching. :D

Serotonin likes this.
  10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    That'll do me :D

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Dunno, Hilbert's review showed practically identical performance between DX11 and DX12.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's more important for me to support 4A, than it is to boycott Epic/Deep Silver.
    But I might wait for Steam release, I have too many games as it is. And if I get dragged into the rabbithole that is Classic WoW this summer, I'll fall even further behind.

Undying likes this.
  13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Uh.. no? I never said it was the main factor.. just that it adds immersion and can make some scenes a bit darker (less light sources/etc). I don't mind losing visibility in a game like Metro over immersion and realism, and from some of the reviews I've seen that is one of the things that RTX will do in the game.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Maybe because he tested the in-game benchmark only ?, else i have no clue either.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, the ultimate in first world problems ...

too many games to play :D

And just for the record, I know exactly how you feel :p

Amaze likes this.

16. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    But this RT implementation is not realistic, not even close. This is just the latest Nvidia trick to try to attract more people to buy their overpriced hardware. And i have watched all those RT analysis.

I would rather have higher polycount on vegetation and better animations, then this RT nonsense.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree but there are scenes that actually looks more realistic atleast to my eye. Indoor scenes looking more impresive than outdoors.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I guess it's up to personal taste.. the videos I watched I liked the changes.. And for the record, I think Nvidia rushed out this technology (especially DLSS after seeing it in BF5).. but ray tracing is a very big leap in graphics and I am happy that they are pushing it forward..

This game utilizes ray tracing better than BF5 does in my opinion, but that's just based off what I've seen in videos. Shadows/lighting vs reflections.

BangTail likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    These things are new and people have short memories.

Every time we get something new, it takes time for it to evolve, it takes time for proper support, proper implementation and adoption.

When AA first came on the scene, it was crippling, people take it for granted now, but the older guys here will remember that.

This is the second game to use RTX and the first time we are seeing DLSS in action in a game.

The technologies themselves are impressive but the implementations thus far have been a little underwhelming

Again, it's going to take some time.

People bang on about 'evil Nvidia' but at least they are trying to bring new technology to the space.

And just for the record, no, I don't like the prices anymore than anyone else does, but Nivida are firmly in the driver's seat for now (and the foreseeable future).

serbicu, Kolt, Carfax and 1 other person like this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Even with the patch it is still very underwhelming the DLSS, blurry and detail loss.

Jensen Huang failed badly. It doesn't work. RT just works. DLSS ruins the work.

Why should RTX owners give time to nvidia neural network to train and provide better results? Was RTX series unprepared? Hell yeah! Even now after half a year, if they launch non-RTX counterparts (GTX) they will sell like hotcakes. People doesn't trust paid Nvidia features anymore.