Battlefield V Patch offers NVIDIA DLSS Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2019.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    that would look a lot worse than DLSS. Even lowering 1440p to 1080p and then slapping TAA on in would look a LOT worse than what we get with DLSS.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    True that. Canned demo is a best case scenario for DLSS.

3. szaman7

szaman7 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 Ti Mini
    I'm very happy that the DLSS can be turned on @2560x1080 on my RTX2070 but the quality is rather disappointing. The edges are well AA'd but the overall image becomes rly blurry. It also seems that the standalone raytracing performance was tweaked alot in the latest nv display driver or game update. Installed them both at once so can't tell which one had the biggest impact. The performance with DLSS and RTX together is defo much better.

Xtreme1979 likes this.
  4. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    This means that the right question should be - which of the anti-aliasing methods is the best in terms of quality / cost of fps? Talking about the brilliant acceleration of frame rendering in 4k is a marketing mumble.

5. Stefem

Stefem Active Member

GPU:
    DLSS is actually more than that, in this configuration (DLSS 2X is a bit different) it's an image reconstruction method used to upscale the image and soften the aliasing by using data from previous frames, intermediate buffers and an AI capable of reconstructing missing image details.
    It's a really complex and advanced technique, one may not like upscaling on PC (and I generally agree) but it isn't anything like checkerboarding, it's something way beyond.

Xtreme1979 and Fox2232 like this.
  6. Stefem

Stefem Active Member

GPU:
    That's something only DLSS 2X can answer

7. dc8flyer

dc8flyer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6950 cfx
    I see the 2080ti did not work. I'm experiencing the same issue with DLSS not being selectable.

My question is whether the 2080ti card 3D Guru used has experienced any "damage" so to speak. My fps dropped from 72 (limit frame rate below 120 at monitor 144) down as low as 11 fps after the failed DLSS update. (both nvidia and BF5 updates)

I returned to the 418.81 nvidia driver but BF5 is now unplayable. Since I cant uninstall BF5's update what happens now?

Will the testers at 3D Guru keep us informed as to your 2080ti condition please. Can you still use the 2080ti card without DLSS at the same performance level you had before updating BF5 and Nvidia drivers?

Thanks

8. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    But as so-far, in all benchmarks the rendering results from DLSS for RTX cards are given in inflated results. 2080 with RTX and DLSS enabled does not render 46 fps at 3840x2160. Renders frames at lower resolutions. In this way, People are misled about the performance of these cards. Even if the DLSS results give us the right to say that this is the best method of anti-aliasing currently, instead of honestly promoting it as it is, it was used to mislead people. This is not OK.
    edited:
    Of course, this is not the fault of the reviewers. NVidia has deliberately chosen such a way to promote DLSS.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Monchis likes this.
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes, that's unfortunate part of marketing. But should we be mad at technology which is being misused by marketing? Or should we cast judgement based on fair comparison?

10. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
    Best for us is to do both of this.

11. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    The blur effect (DLSS), gives a pretty hard punch to the overall performance. While 1440p high settings without NVIDIA bloatware gives a nicer overall picture. How long will NVIDIA ABUSE the Batllefield series....

12. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    Better perf compared to what? Chart data is well worse (rtx enabled as well..., at least compare against just rtx).
    Personally I understand that you can't scale information that isn't there, distant player might be not visible on as many pixels and might be blended in compared to native resolution.
    Wish they'd find a better use for the tensor cores :(

13. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    "DICE mentioned DLSS as a feature "which uses deep learning to improve game performance while maintaining visual quality.""

That is a LIE.

Monchis likes this.
  14. sKutDeath

sKutDeath Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP 4090
    Yes, it is not nice at all. But on a positive note Raytracing was also upgraded. I can play BFV on all Ultra now @ 75 to 90 FPS, usually averaging around 80 FPS in 3440 x 1440. And the performance doesn't change without DLSS. I turned it "OFF".

15. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Well, maybe, just maybe, it will improve over time. I mean, there is word learning in name of this tech, so, maybe, we just need time. Like 4days of constant playing? 96h straight?
    :D

16. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Lol! I can see AMD laughing now that every game with the DLSS over hyped feature is a total mess.
    With that said, I don’t want to see Nvidia fail at this. I believe that this is the way forward and with all new technology there will be kinks to be smoothed out.

17. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Ran a test with 3440x1440 RTX+DLSS every setting at ultra except for DXR which was high and i got a solid 100FPS all the time, however the DLSS make most of the textures look like crap.

18. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    First let's wait for the full review.
    Second: I only have a question is DLSS + RTX offering better quality and playable FPS vs DLSS and RTX off at UHD.
    Third: Like i said many times, i will wait the second gen card, because the first gen are always testing on costumers.
    I forgot: DLSS uses AI so play more to get better quality :)

19. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    My brain hurts by reading it.

If you were not joking, all machine learning is done beforehand on Novidia GPU servers.

Fox2232 and Maddness like this.
  20. pucidbu2018

pucidbu2018 Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX980
    I have 3440*1440 monitor, and I can confirm, too, everything (DLSS and DXR at ultra) works at a pretty decent frame rate (surely above 60 fps). There are some artifacts though, in particular during the Norway campaign on the sea: the latter is all blurry and pixeley, a complete mess!

sKutDeath likes this.