Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Seaclean@ Now your screenshots looks a lot better :). 20fps boost is nice, but the difference in picture quality is way too big
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/130042

At this point even 1800p should look better and give similar performance. DLSS was promissing tech (DLSS in 3dmark looks perfect picture quality wise), so it can work great in benchmarks but for some strange reason picture quality in real games looks much worse.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Great! cannot start the game now, after I've enabled DLSS. It keeps crashing :(

Had to modify the profsave_profile to set back DLSS to 0.

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Any news of the M1 Garand yet? :)

4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Regarding dlss... told you so.

Obviously using upscaling, regardless of the method used, won't be as high quality as native res.

serbicu and BangTail like this.

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Its just me or this DLSS implementation put some ambient occlusion over some scenes-objects?
    Its totally blurry mess because of this DLSS implementation,image has no good details.

6. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    This is what I'm hoping. It would make sense for some implementation from Nvidias side given how the tech works.
    If not then holy moly it's underwhelming... :(

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'll be trying this out soon @ 1440p. I did hear that increasing the resolution slider to about 110% helps a lot with visual with minor performance loss... but yeah so far it does sound like DLSS may be a bust for BF5.

Sigh. I'm still happy I have my 2080 because of the raw power it has over my last card... but holy crap it's hard to justify the "RTX" part of it right now. I was really leaning on DLSS to be the saving point for the RTX features. Hopefully Metro Exodus/Tomb Raider came show us some good DLSS/RTX use.

8. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Agree. It's not the same as native 4k in my case. Looks blurry, and about the performance dont know, doesnt seem that much improvement in my case. Still mostly 60, but it does drop to 52, 55 at times. maybe more stable 60, but that's about it. Does seem that is something that will help performance in future games. Only it needs to be implemented lol :D

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Ok now i understand that ea pushed dice to release without having time.for optimizations,but i dont understand how this can hit an i7 6700k, i mean if i had an i5 i would say it s a hit on the cpu, but i7 6700k at 4.0

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well just reducing render resolution and using a sharpening filter improves performance aswell, and doesn't look as blurry :)

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Played about ~30 hours, performance wise it's great (far better than in the beta). The visual improvement from BF1 is there, albeit not that big, but with a performance hit quite a bit heavier on the CPU (I bet this game will probably kill my ancient 5820K, it's getting that hot). All this maxed in DX11 and I'm over 100 FPS pretty much all the time @1440p. I'll stay far away from anything ray-tracing/dlss/DX12 though. As it's more headaches, on top of the many actual game headaches. It's just too much. And besides, I don't have and RTX card anyway.

Everything (and then some) that's bad about the game, has been said over and over, by me included. Most of the stuff is still valid, but I'd be a liar if I wouldn't admit that there are some good parts too. Gun play for example, together with the new TTK is fun and I like it a lot. Vehicle wise, I find the tanks to be way, way less fun. Planes however are nice, they were horrible in the beta. It's a shame that you can't do much against ground targets, especially with the insane AA tanks (got a like 30-0 the first time I spawned into one, lol) and basically 0 visibility. The game-modes are fun, with the exception of Grand Operations, I like Front lines the most. It's weird, but because of the nerfed tanks, but improved infantry combat, I much prefer small scale modes in BFV, compared to BF1 where I'd play Operations 95% of the time.

My main problem really, is visibility. It made the game so much more campy, and I'm not a big fan of camping myself, unless sometime when I snipe. But yeah... at least I know the enemy has the same problem, so I try to be more "tactical" and not so much blind run and gun. I guess I should get glasses too, it would help for sure. This is like the first game that made me seriously question my eye sight... :eek:

PS - Finally started launching V2s, the first got 5 kills and the second 8... felt so good. :rolleyes:

12. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    The resolution render slider is greyed out when enabling DLSS so that's out of the question. But surely there's bound to be some driver from Nvidia feeding the card the algorithm to enable the super sampling.

Right now the quality of DLSS doesn't even remotely resemble what was shown in Final Fantasy which btw required a driver update to function optimally, as far as I remember.

Kolt likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Don't know if it will help but there is a new driver in the driver section, JFYI.

14. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Oh, right. Just noticed. Will try it out now.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Word.. I was about to post about how I can't seem to enable DLSS and yet setting the slider to 110% was the first thing I did before even looking at the DLSS setting.. That was probably my problem.. will have to try again lol.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Sorry for double post.

Updating drivers to the ones that released today allowed me to enable DLSS, but I can confirm that it does disable the resolution slider for me as well.

17. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I just played a few matches with all drivers and patches updated to their latest.

It's still crap. Very noticeable visual degradation akin to cutting resolution in half.

BangTail and Dragam1337 like this.
  18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Still greyed out for me,

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Explosions are still causing massive stutters for me with ray tracing enabled.. even with DLSS :/

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Patch is pretty nice from what I've played, more feed back per hit is noticeable, not had a chance to see the new viability updates on the worst offending maps yet although I don't have much issue spotting people.