Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I think we are at a day and age in gaming technology where the advancements yearly are not enough exactly to demand complete overhauls of the assets/meshes/etc. I mean.. like ShadowDuke said.. why should they make a thousand new wood textures/shaders/etc if they already have a perfect library of them? Would it really benefit anyone at all in the end? I could understand some unique assets here and there, but we can't expect them to not use some of the same ones..

ShadowDuke likes this.
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i am talking about the graphics, as i see no change between it and bf1, absolutely none, and still performs worse than bf1... i doesn t make any sense

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dang so many cheaters and hackers on this game it is unbelievable at this time and age :( , people shooting thru the walls and instakill , head shots galore from miles away. Not fun at all ! What a waste of a great looking game.

BangTail likes this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, it's completely out of control now.

There was always a few here and there, but now, people are blatant about it, bragging in chat etc.

I'm done with PvP gaming altogether, you can never be sure you are on an even playing field because along with the obvious ones, there are smarter ones who know how to use the cheats in ways that make them harder to spot.

It's the ultimate clusterf*ck where EA is concerned because they literally do nothing about it, nothing.

There was one guy in Battlefront II who I reported at least twice (and others said they were reporting him as well), he was on day after day after day, bragging in chat about cheating, calling everyone racist names and rocking a 200/0 KD ratio, even after multiple reports, I was seeing him all the time.

Good Job EA :rolleyes:

I actually liked BFV (and Battlefront II as well), but I won't play either now, it got so bad in Battlefront II that I don't think I could play without seeing at least two or three cheaters per round.

And before the 'there are no cheaters, I never see any cheaters' crowd gets on their soapbox, many of these people were openly bragging about it in chat, so spare me the 'no cheaters anywhere' mambajahamba please :p

chispy, Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Something happend or why are there more cheaters online? I didnt play for 3 weeks...

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Literally most of the cheaters.

Solfaur likes this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The peformance hit doesn't come from the graphics, hence why it is hardler harder on the gpu, but rather the physics system, hence why it is significantly harder on the cpu. And yes, there are significant changes to the physics system going from bf1 to bf5.

That said, yes obviously dice could have used more time optimizing the game, i don't think anyone thinks the game was actually ready when it released... but that is on EA, pressuring dice to release a new game every year... which is totally unrealistic if the game is to be released in a finished state.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Wasn’t there supposed to be a patch today?

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Tomorrow

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Did the DLSS patch get released?
    February 12, 2019 3:12 PM
    https://www.techspot.com/news/78717-battlefield-v-patch-adds-dlss-optimized-ray-tracing.html

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The update is live

EDIT* 7.46gb

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tried DLSS now with BFV , ultra or Low DXR settings makes no improvements @ 4k at all

and the image is blurry

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Will be interesting to read the detailed reviews coming through the day.

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Looking forward to trying this after work. Thought I do use dx12 as I can't use reshade and I see little performance boost if any at all.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Stutters and crashes(DX12 - DXR + DLSS).

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    DLSS is only DX12!?

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  19. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I just tried DLSS for BFV. It's a complete disaster. Borderline false advertisement. You want to emulate the experience? Turn your resolution down to 720p. It's basically what it does. It's highly noticeable and turns everything to a blurry mess. I'm playing at 3440x1440.
    Now to DICE's credit at least they're putting out something to test unlike the rest of the bunch (Crystal Dynamics with SotTR).
    With DLSS: https://imgur.com/rjhp6e0
    Without DLSS: https://imgur.com/92CRPPD
    Settings are - of course - maxed out with DXR at ultra and the usual suspects (CA, motion blur, vignette) turned off.
    Look at the hammers curve, the alpha effects on fire on the right side, the tree central in the distance, the windows on the house on the far right in the distance. Blurred noticeably. This is far fetch from the visual quality we saw in the Final Fantasy demo with DLSS.

Turanis and Dragam1337 like this.
  20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Did anyone receive a DLSS driver update containing the algorithm? I would assume one is needed since the game driver did not have DLSS before.