DLSS on Battlefield 5 tomorrow 12th February

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Deleted member 255716, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Not that i have seen besides FF there is also the Unreal 4 engine infiltrator demo and that has weird things going on with DLSS and far scenes are washed out really badly, but does have higher fps nothing is ever perfect.

2. dirthurts

dirthurts Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Maybe I'm just being negative here, but I feel like whatever optimization they've done has likely been running for months now, and whatever implementation they release will be considered their best effort. This being their flagship tittle, if this is bad, I wouldn't expect anything else to be better.

Either way, I can't imagine upscaling every looking better than native, especially up close like on a computer monitor.

3. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I wish they would update the game to prevent cheating. Encrypt the network or whatever you need to do to make it a pia to hack and make it in a way you can change it every patch if need be to say ahead of the hackers. There are so many ESP cheaters in this game it's not even funny. Luckily fairfight does a decent job preventing auto aim well unless the person is smart enough to make the AA hit 1/4 of the time. However its rather obvious(well to anyone that knows how ESP works) to tell there is a ton of ESP cheater. Just about every game have a couple of them albeit there is a rare game here and there that is free of them. When there are no ESP cheaters this is actually a ok game. Until then I don't care what proprietary Nvidia features they implement it's hardly worth the time.

4. Stairmand

Stairmand Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 Aorus Maste
    Ah man, this would be great.... If I hadn't had to RMA my 2080ti yesterday.

5. Great White Shark

Great White Shark Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Jetstream
    Completely agree on cheaters in Battlefield 5. I'm getting sick and tired of people using hacks and cheating.

Barry J likes this.
  6. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Me:
    Looking at 1080 in PC, then checking 2080 price, then, "fk this game full of cheaters, I'll skip it", while remembering hazy image with txaa in bf5, lack of maps....
    Nah. 1080 will have to last 1 year more at least. There are more better looking games with more immersion and running great. Bf5 is not one of them.

7. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    So an NV supported title MAY get equal or a bit better performance than the other GPU, while getting worse picture quality? Wow, what an upgrade really! :)

Undying likes this.
  8. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    where did I make a mistake? did I say they can't refine the algorithm. also again most ppl don't know but these algorithms once finetuned in terms of weights will maximize their performance relatively quickly, meaning they won't improve forever, the improvement will slow down to the point where there's no improvement at all.

The time and resources it takes to train these models is insane. I highly doubt multiple updates for the same game since Nvidia is already way behind the support list

9. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    what's even more perplexing is the fact that DLSS required dedicated diesize that could have re-purposed to actual 100% useful CUDA cores and probably would help running standard AA options
    if it was just software, then I absolutely get it, its a new efficient AA technique but since it requires actual hardware I'm really confused

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Then reflect that confusion upon your negative postings against DLSS. Being confused does not exactly justify negative approach.

DLSS is currently best IQ improvement technique of image w/o AA at very low performance cost. This ration of AA effect per fps loss makes it the best. And in game like Battlefield where player controls resolution of internal render, ... it gives more control to player's hand.

That's what you did not get in fist place.

11. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Visibly degrading textures isn't an improvement to image quality.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    DLSS is not degrading image.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And you saw that in FF XV benchmark? That one which had as an option TAA for comparison? One where TAA had transparency artifacts in form of white pixels?
    One where TAA object LOD looked like image was rendered at 1/2 of actual resolution?

14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    PC-Specific Improvements
    • This update includes further optimizations to DXR ray tracing performance and introduces NVIDIA DLSS to Battlefield V, which uses deep learning to improve game performance while maintaining visual quality.
    • Rotterdam – The deploy screen has been improved when using a widescreen monitor, and no longer displays any low-resolution textures or unintended backdrop buildings.
    • Spectator mode – added key bindings for increasing and decreasing field of view in free cam and player view director modes. Defaults are PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice...2_Lightning_Strikes_Update_12022019_FINAL.pdf

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    mainaining visual quality. We'll see. One thing is sure, compared to FFXV, BFV is quite hectic at times with explosions all around so noticing any visual degradation will be more difficult.

16. Carbonic

Carbonic Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    @Alberto

This is "fake news", or a little fake at least. Don't use non verified Reddit posts as the only source for news.
    According to one of the developers:
    "Battlefield V - Update notes - Please be aware that the update notes that have been spread on reddit are not fully final but almost and the date currently in them is not final either. We don’t have a set release date yet as we are not done with it yet."
    https://twitter.com/JaqubAjmal/status/1093980455110696962

So no, not the 12th and the patchnotes aren't final.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Definitely not wrong, it's coming tomorrow https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/b...-support-starting-12th-of-february-patch.html

Right?

18. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I imagine that's one of the reasons the comparisons are always made against native + TAA. :p

As TAA is a surefire way to degrade image quality significantly that is..

I still wish DLSS wasn't locked into upscaling, I'd much rather it was used as a modern SSAA implementation for better IQ than a performance boost.

19. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
  20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Isn't that what DLSS 2X is?

Maddness likes this.