Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    like nintendo with its partners program. you better play ball and cover nintendo stuff exactly in the light they want it covered or you dont get to be part of the cool kids club, and they will troll any video with any amount of nintendo content if you are not a partner, amazing so many channel kiss their arses while they are major ip trollls which generally get a ton of gamer hate, because much of it should fall under fair use typically, f that says nintendo ours.

long as they disclose that they are partnening with whoever for that stream. sponsored content as well as shilling for the honor.

never be caught shilling and not disclosing a deal.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I thought that partners program was no longer a thing, anyone can post gameplay of Nintendo games now can't they?

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I only remember Nintendo cracking down quite hard on even no-name youtubers for playing their games, but that may have changed since. Nintendo was and still is weird in this regard. Then again, when they actually had a monopoly on the industry (in the 80s), they were capable of some really nasty moves.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Pre-load should be soon :D

EDIT:

Just seen no pre-load on Steam :(

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I find that quite sad. How many times do we need to relearn the lesson about not pre-ordering?!? It seems the urge to have the game on Steam superseded this wisdom (are people really that desperate to play on Steam that they would commit one of the dumbest acts in gaming?).

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    unusual situation this hardly the norm for preorders, i think circumstances forced manies hands rather than roll the dice on epic or when the game will return to steam this stuff made me preorder 2 games my most anticipated this year so not a huge deal. but if titles were not being poached off steam i would have waited till release or reviews except sekuro fromsoft just delivers ;p.

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  7. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I dunno, as someone who's been burned by pre-orders numerous times, I'm wary of pre-ordering under any circumstances. Of course I'm sure Steam users will be able to get a refund if the game doesn't live up to the hype, but I'm still surprised that so many gamers would ignore one of the cardinal rules of PC gaming (especially after so many AAA titles were a flop of late).

I can understand the unique situation - I was tempted to pre-order myself when I heard it was going to the EGS - but I stick firmly to the rule against pre-ordering. I certainly hope the game is good though.

8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I pre-ordered the game just to be able to get it on Steam.. I otherwise would have probably gotten it day 1, as I am really against pre-ordering myself. This is definitely a unique situation (not that I am the indicator of that or anything). It's just pretty obvious that a lot of people jumped to the pre-orders just to have a Steam copy.

BangTail and lucidus like this.
  9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I generally do not Pre-order, although I will if it is a developer or a franchise that has a proven track record and/or it is a game I know I would buy on day one.

As long as whatever store you are using has a refund policy, I don't see it being a problem in all honesty.

People are free to do what they want with their money.

lucidus likes this.
  10. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'm not one for preorders, but Cyberpunk 2077 is one of those games that I will, just as soon as I see an option for it somewhere. Metro: Exodus was not a preorder game for me.

lucidus, cerebus23 and BangTail like this.

11. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's what got me into trouble, LOL. I pre-ordered Street Fighter 5 because I loved 4 and was a fan of Capcom fighters in general. Big mistake. Of course I could have refunded but I was holding out hope that they would fix it quickly (I'm sure many do the same with their favorite game companies). They didn't. The game is now in a more acceptable state years after release but I have little interest in it now.

I also pre-ordered The Sims 4 because I loved the sandbox, open-world feel of the previous game (same reason why I love Bethesda games). The disappointment was palpable. I now avoid pre-orders even for those game studios that I like.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And just pre-loaded FarCry: New Dawn.

Though, had they not pulled the crap they did... Metro Exodus would've been my game of choice.
    But, I like the FC games, they are fun. Not every game needs to be ground breaking, or absolutely amazing. Sometimes... a simple "fun" game is more then enough. Specially when you can get it for about 30 bucks.

Rich_Guy, BangTail, Undying and 2 others like this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Fc new dawn is another cash grab FC 4.2 to milk money out of u, 30 bucks still u could have bought metro instead of playing same old singleplayer game, to many this FC franchise is dead, to me after farcry 3, which was the absolute peak of open world games

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Booo! :p

:D

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I like FC3, but it was not the "peak" of open world games.
    And, personally, was not the best FC title. Primal is still the best, and FC5 is better then 3. The best part of FC3 was Vaas, and he's only in half the game.

I will get Metro, but when it's on the platform I choose. Next year, when I'm able to make the choice for myself.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I just loaded up Metro Last Light this morning to see how well it had aged. Visually it looks fine, especially with the use of tessellation to give everything a nice rounded appearance, and character models look good with the exception of the eyes. However, the small bite sized pieces of levels broken by (admittedly short) loading times made the game feel really dated and I was shocked at how easy it was to just spam the X button on my Xbox One controller to knock out enemy after enemy on Normal difficulty rather than actually shoot them. I cleared out an enemy compound this way without firing a single shot; in fact, the game was actually harder to play using the gun!!! lol

I'm sure Metro Exodus will be much more open with larger (hopefully) seamless levels and better combat but, unfortunately for me, I won't be able to play it until next year when it comes back to Steam. Still, at least most of the bugs will be fixed by then so there is that.

18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I was actually looking for an official forum for Metro Exodus I can not find the forums am I just crazy .I can find 7 different social media official sites.I can find the steam forum but that is a cesspool.Anyone got a link to official forum for Deep Silver or Epic games.
    https://www.deepsilver.com/en/games/metro-exodus/
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/metro-exodus/home

Well I may start Metro Last Light Redux today. Much like other game series, I buy them and never play them but dammit this time I will play at least a couple of hours of one of the 4 metro games I have before the big release on the 15 of Feb 2019.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    lucidus likes this.
  20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC