The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I had no problems with that but i'm using normal stereo headphones with a Turtle Beach Ear Force DSS 2 Dolby Processor.
    That thing takes 7.1 sound and makes it stereo 'surroundish'.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I'm just using bog standard ear buds.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Played with headphones too, stereo (HyperX Cloud 2 ).
    Though they're connected to the control box of Z-906 and mix type is Home Cinema ingame so the amp remixes the sound to stereo from surround. Plenty of punch :)

Probably won't have time to play anymore but if I do I'll try speakers and also Stereo to see if that makes any difference.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    razer does or did had a software thing to surround normal headphones, krakkan offers "7.1" surround but pretty sure it simulates it with their software but does a good job of it, and i think you can get them for 40 50 bucks, for some gaming hedphones with good sound for that price range. and you can even get the pewdiedie model same phones he uses ;p.

had mine for 3 or 4 years and while one ear phone the cover is torn open it still has it shape and comfort, and the pleather on the band is eroding off, holding up but the outer bits are peeling off. but i have had it 3 4 years and it gets very hot around here in the summer so i imagine that has something to do with my pleather issues. maybe razer would fix it up or swap it out have to check the warranty one of these days.

or step up to the 180 400 range audiophile studio headphones my ears are too fried from rock concerts and whatnot to care about that tier though.

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I'd love to use a decent set of headphones but I wear glasses and I've never found a proper set of headphones that doesn't crush my ears onto the glasses arm behind the ear and the arms of the glasses into the side of my head thus using bog standard earbuds.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @DocStrangelove

I played with Headphones for the first time tonight and the sound was a lot better, gun sounds are still a little lacking but I was hearing small details that I didn't get through the speakers, the report of gunfire bouncing off buildings is a very good for example.

Sometimes you need Headphones to hear the intricate detail that has gone into the foley work.

The ambient sound is really good, I was in a rainstorm at one point and I ran into a parking garage and the transition was very well done.

Can't wait for this to release tbh :D

DocStrangelove likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I use glasses too and Cloud 2 is very comfy even with glasses.
    Sound quality is good as well as long as you remove the USB dongle and plug into your proper sound card.

Mic can removed too as I usually have.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So guys what do you think ? Is it worth a buy ?

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    The giant pads on the krakkens are soft and comfy even with glasses lest over even moderate sessions of course at some point it is good to take a break. that style is known to be glasses friendly in general. I got no issues with em other than the heat in the summer and i might get the gel pads to try for summer.

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Nice thanks I'll check both of those out :) I have a Corsair Raptor HS40 headeset for Skype calls with my Mum, haven't actually tried it for gaming really I should give it a go!

AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Definitely. If you like this type of game.
    Division isn't a typical cover shooter but a loot slash ARPG in the shooter style.

Think Destiny but just a lot better ;)

BangTail likes this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And... uninstalled.

Biach kept disconnecting when I tried to go to that roof briefing. Had enough and rage uninstalled lol

AsiJu likes this.
  13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Hell YES!

• better setting imo
    • all the gameplay additions that were slowly introduced in Division1 are now ingame from the start (High Value Targets for example)
    • 8 player raids will be available at some point
    • several dark zones with a lot of variety
    • more realistic settlement missions and activities
    • a lot of the netcode in pvp is serversided so we *should* see less cheaters
    • the story and new areas will be developed with future DLCs, so they pay more attention to PvE players
    • personally i think the weapons and explosions sound better & more realistic

Grimbarian and AsiJu like this.
  14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Best to take your glasses and visit a store where you can test them out.

I wear glasses while gaming and it's ok with the Sennheiser HD650. Early on the headphone clamps a bit, but when it loosens up over time, the cushions are rather soft.

Grimbarian likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    btw just wanted to add Hunt showdown works perfectly with 3.4.1 :)

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They said that DLCs will be free. So what's in ''Year 1 pass'' ? Cosmetic items ?

17. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Basically.

18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    main thing is the 7 day early access to the free DLC in year one.

Memorian likes this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I see people complaining because enemies are bullet sponges..They forget that this is a loot slash ARPG..They also complain about AI, i found AI to be good in Normal and really good in Hard.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I got to level 5 with limited playing time in the Beta and enjoyed it. They cram a lot of content into this game and I will definitely get it on launch (but no pre-order.. never pre-order)
    I found that the sound was good, the graphics look great and its optimized. Had no major issues during the beta.. looking and playing solid. Also, at a suggestion of someone in the recent nvidia driver thread, updating to the latest WHQL gave a substancial boost to performance - at least it did for me.

AsiJu likes this.