Apex Legends TITANFALL

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wait till the craze goes down and people will be back to fortnite. I dont think it will last knowing ea.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    EA marketing money wasn't spent on much advertisement last months.. wondering where the money went? Streamers? :eek:

Game was just released, Blackout was also extremely popular on release week.

The strength of Fortnite is that Epic Games has put a lot of talent into keeping it fresh over time, something i've yet to see from any EA game

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ???

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Doubt anyone is dismissing AL in this thread?

It's the 2nd AAA take on battleroyal from a major studio after Blackout, and it's free to play.

Titanfall 2 netcode is some of the best available, the guy who built it founded its own company about networking:
    https://github.com/networkprotocol

Haven't had the chance to try for myself but the map seem really well thought out.

That being said, BR games aren't for everyone :rolleyes:

5. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It's awesome, just a shame myself and my friends are absolutely dire at the game! Although we still have a lot of fun. I love all the nuances to movement and combat. Everything just clicks and feels awesome. I love re-spawning, re-deploying via stations and the abilities. Hard to believe it's all running on (highly modified?) Source as well.

I would be playing a lot more as well but can't stop watching Doc, Viss and Kraftyy! Talk about a dream team. :)

Stone Gargoyle and cerebus23 like this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    These games are niche they appeal to a very specific player it is good that AL peaked their interest and it is great so many are giving the game a try why not it is free, did they tweak the formula just enough to "keep it fresh" and fun going forward? adding a bot mode where people can practice to get gud before they jump into the BR proper might draw some players that would not try the game otherwise.

they could add up with more avg players than blackout and that would be pretty impressive i would say for a newish IP, and a game that had zero marekting or hype before it was out in the wild if it can pull that off. fartnight is a juggernaut and its going to peter out in the next year but i doubt any one BR game is going to topple it.

7. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i been watching the same trio since the game launched and damn Viss is a hell of a player all three together make it all look way too ez Doc is Doc and has his ups and downs lol. its the first game ive actively jumped on to twitch to watch been played on a nightly basis the plays they come up with together win after win are so entertaining. they have that 50k in the bag im almost certain.
    Ninja is currently streaming AL to 40k on Twitch and its almost kinda strange to see him playing something outside of Fortnite he loves the game apparently.

i removed my earlier post btw cos i felt like i was blowin hot air trying to convince everyone how good it is when there really is no need.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  9. I guess I'm way too old to understand the beauty of watching some teenager playing a free game.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well its like DOTA how many enjoy watching dota or trying to play dota or LOL? I love watching someone play dota that knows what the f they are doing, vs you not knowing what your doing getting cursed and flamed by your team. They even tried to add hand holding tutorials to try and ease players into dota. But it one of those game types that either you like it and get it or your just wandering around going why the hell am i playing this?

And BG games and whatnot i bet are in the same boat a game may look more fun to watch than be to play for many that do not want to get gud or judge if it was worth their bandwitdth to check out. As long as it is getting views streamers will stream it nm why people are watching.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Could someone tell me how big the Origin install is for this please.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    About 20.5gb

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Thank you, I'm tight on space xD

*edit*

That's pretty good only 12gb download.... then I guess it gets uncompressed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Putting vsync on removes the 144 fps cap...WTF

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    My first round, found one enemy with team mate, killed one enemy, walked over to team mate who had killed another of the enemy squad and then crashed to this.

[​IMG]

Video card driver used is 19.1.1 whql

Maybe it was because I had fraps running? I have no idea...

*edit*

Seems it's a common problem, there are a lot of people reporting it on the EA forums.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
  17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well.. i gave it a try.

i thought its a different beast to be honest. reminds me of CoD games, with some interesting ideas.

didn't like it :)

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Remember now, the creators of the Call of Duty series are the same people running Respawn Entertainment, so saying it reminds you of Call of Duty does make sense... haha//

19. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Just an fyi to anyone running a phenom 2 / core 2 quad or older, the game requires sse4.2 and will not run on cpus without it ,sse4.1 and 4a are not supported.

In typical ea fashion they have decided to ignore the issue and not fix it. Baffles the mind that you wouldn't put mininal effort in to make your free 2 play title compatible with as much hardware as possible.

Deleted member 164252 likes this.
  20. Interesting. It's not a problem to recompile the solution without SSE4.2, so the decision must be based on minimum HW they decided to support. I'm still on i7 2600K, so I guess I've dodged the bullet this time and game runs stable 60FPS without dips so...