Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They make games for wall street's sake instead of gamers' enjoyment and allow their marketing to be hijacked by sjw garbage so I'm not surprised.

DocStrangelove and RzrTrek like this.
  2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    II mean they brought in CS pros to help try to make the game more enjoyable and in some ways it is better (mechanically) but overall the gameplay is just stale. Feels the same as the last two or three Battlefield games. WW2 isn't interesting anymore whether it's historically accurate or depicts a woman in combat - don't care - boring.

Dead series. Unless they give me a 2142 type game or a WW2 red alert wacky thing with cool stuff I won't even play the next one. Couldn't even get through the 10 hours of demo on this with the EA trial - got bored at like the 6th hour.

fantaskarsef, RzrTrek and lucidus like this.
  3. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I know it shouldn't but something about those still-strong FIFA sales are pissing me off. I used to play FIFA back in the 90s. The latest I played was 2000. I've been loosely following the "evolution" on the latest FIFA titles and they seem like rather underwhelming adjustments over the years rather than fully fleshed innovative features. It's amazing they can churn so much revenue out of such a yearly franchise.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My own brother buys fifa every year for the playstation and yet he chides me for buying games! :D At least he doesn't contribute to their microtransaction revenues. Dunno why sports fans buy the same thing every year but whatever.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea sports game were the first warning signs for me because they been following the exact same pattern for 20 years? they kept rotating in and out features every few years and when they returned marketed as "new" it was not new it was a slightly updated old feature of the game. So i was waking to the marketing of the sports games way back before EA abandoned pc for the xbox market.

and my god things got way worse.....between 2k and EA it is really hard to pick who is worse in the sports title arena.

and you know what if any type of game would work as games as a service sports games would be it. They have a engine through an entire platform so that is a 6 to 10 years they using the exact same engine, same gfx.

They could sell a base platform, perfect the gameplay and AI with player feedback, release roster updates and some new player models for a few bucks on occasion, big updates when the next season start maybe 1/2 1/4 the initial game, but you got the full season roster update, more player models, maybe a new "my player" mode, and new improved features.

I think that would be far more tolerable to players than this loot box fantasy team paywall stuff nm paying to level your characters or unlock moves and stuff.

And they would still make massive bank because people like their sports games, EA and 2k are killing them right now but people enjoy them.

lucidus likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. I believe going WW2 again wasn't the smartest of choices, especially since it lacks the big, iconic battles. But I already hoped for "2143", and I always loved alternative history which are deliberately designed as such environments. Maybe they try to go steampunk at some point, could be interesting for a change as well. Then again, it would only be a reskin... BF hasn't introduced anything meaningful new since BF3 (suppression).

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I still like the idea behind a WW2 game and would always prefer this to a science fiction scenario.
    They should’ve kept it more realistic (weapons, personnel, uniforms) though and this scenario has so many options to pick „epic“ battles from... maybe it’s their idea of a service game, but at least one „big thing“ to start with wouldn’t have hurt.

Dragam1337 and ShadowDuke like this.
  8. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I am always a sucker for WW2. I do enjoy this, but some of the maps are just.. lacking?

The engine is really good though, would like to have seen a full on Vietnam BF with this. Not a big fan of a future setting mind you, but with that said, for any of you who are a warhammer40k fan, imagine a BF warhammer40k!!!!! How epic would that be! With all the factions to explore and what not. Hell even total war went in that direction and it was well received.

The epic battles that could take place if done right. Just wow.

Dragam1337, RzrTrek and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah map design is horrible on some maps / game mode combinations.
    You want it to be Vietnam? Arras to the square? :D
    BF:40K, that could be really cool, TW:WH was really really good (2 was a bit of meh)

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    having a good engine doesn t justify the lack of performance compared to battlefield 1, as i see zero difference in the assets compared to bf1, and get this trash performance in many maps..

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Try harder...

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Are u being funny, because u didn t succeed in making a joke...tbh

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hm? No joke, TRY HARDER THAN YOU SEE. Srsly... And afetr some restarts im every time in queue now when loading the game, like in place 300-400, takes ~1 minute.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im clearly talking about graphics assets...

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    lucidus, cerebus23 and BangTail like this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, I read that too. Only that he's probably lying anyway, since battle royale was never to be said to be released with the game's launch, so putting it into sales expectations is once again bad management.

lucidus and BangTail like this.
  17. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Got this free with my 2080 i am holding of playing until all RTX features are ready. I have read RT is better after Dec patch but I really want to play with DLSS it should enable me play at a higher res.

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, Ok Andrew, whatever you say.

How do you know when Andrew Wilson is lying … he's breathing.

Scumbag.

Dragam1337, lucidus and cerebus23 like this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    oh everything in that end of year marketing report was complete BS. if the people they reading that drivel to do not know its bs my god. some of those implosions and flame wars were widely reported. bf loot boxes? states and nations making laws against loot boxes?

genderfield 5 and the "if you do not like it don't buy it" gamers said OK! and did not buy it in large arse numbers. now the gaming press spun this as only red necks and guys that hate women that were raising a stink about the wokeness of dice pandering for fortnight money and telling the core fanbase of battlefield to go f themselves was not a bright idea, because not many women play fortnight and a tiny number of them would even give a the tiniest of fs about battlefield, even if you add a blue haired cyber girl into the game, but you sure as hell are destroying the historical aspect of your game at a rapid clip to PANDER.

So yea i were on the board there i would be throwing things at the guy telling me this garbage, that is why they do not let me anywhere near those things.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No, really? You dont say.. Still doesnt change the fact, lol...also assets are graphics, so what you say doesnt even make any sense..also with your comments you once again showed you have no idea about game development. I bet you would make all assets new, over again from scratch and dont use assets from same engine game and mod them.
    You have to wonder, you dont complain they're using the same engine!

Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.