The Division 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jun 10, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Downloading now. Any word how long this Beta lasts?

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    7.2. - 11.2. mr. AsiJu

AsiJu likes this.
  3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    when friend invites start working i'd be eternally grateful if anyone wouldn't mind adding and inviting me.
    InnerD is my username

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks like 3.4.1 for ReShade works but none of the newer versions. Guess the EAC whitelisting is taking it's time for 4.0.x and 4.1.x unfortunately but it does work at least though it lacks the newest fixes and enhancements. :)

fluidz likes this.

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone else getting CTDs ?

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Had 1 CTD today, apart from that it ran great, but after several hours the fps tend to go down. If that happens just restart the game.

Love the looks and the sounds, the movement of my character, the feeling of the weapons - the atmosphere is better than in Div1 imo.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    1 CTD as well plus some connection lost "right in the middle" of something. I also like it very much so far.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I had issues in DX12, DX11 has been fine so far though.

[​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's a bit random though likely due to extreme server load. Been exploring and taking it easy trying to level up a bit but even that can end abruptly and if End-Game goes online today and then the weekend I am expecting this to see a increase though the maintenance and server side work might hopefully mitigate it and prepare for the full launch in March.

Thought it disconnected from hopping around the red marked border trying to use the photo mode drone to get just a bit further and seeing inside the areas we can't quite explore but it's just randomize so sometimes you get 30 minutes sometimes well it will boot you far quicker.

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The disconnects are annoying, I hope that today's maintenance does something to mitigate it. It's just a beta and the release will have more people, so how will they handle that ? If it's going to be the same I would rather wait for the fixes, because now it's kinda unplayable.

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Strange, haven't had a single disconnect on my side. Had horrendous DX12 performance before today's patch, but now it's silky smooth all maxed out (only volumetric is on high).

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Spoke to Signex yesterday and boy that guy had it far worse. Literally saw him starting the game and then BOOM - 30secs later CTD lol.

Ragequit ftw xD

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Dear Ubisoft,

Please release this tomorrow (even though it's a Saturday).

kthxbye

:D

AsiJu likes this.
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hey,

Will this older reshade work with hunt showdown and doom3 too?

It was I that I reported that once at reshade thread and you replied:)

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played yesterday and had this very uneven and unsmooth camera panning. It was stuttery all the time like the game wouldn't let G-sync be activated. Performance was also quite a lot worse than Division 1 but I've read good things about the current patch.

Also had frequent disconnects (once every 20 minutes or so).

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It should but with some caveats.

Doom 3 I can't quite say since it's a older version of OpenGL though ReShade itself should have support for this API via OpenGL32.dll for ReShade32.dll although mods affecting OGL such as Sikkmod might change how this works. As a AMD user Doom3 used to have quite a few hacks and driver workarounds to it and OGL overall is OK but not exactly the best in terms of performance so I have very little insight into how it functions as I don't use it very frequently.
    (On PC via Windows the API also sees less use than D3D.)

For Hunt: Showdown if they use EAC then 3.4.1 should work but it's likely the same situation as with Division 2 here and there's no whitelisting for newer release (yet.) a update came out yesterday I believe though I do not own the game myself but have been eyeing it a bit seeing how it shapes up. Also it should support DirectX 12 and Vulkan via newer engine builds of Cry-Engine however ReShade itself does not so it has to be D3D11 and either ReShade64.dll as DXGI.dll or D3D11.dll

Unless they use something custom as there are various methods such as for example Division 1 using Fairfight and server side checks and tracking but it wasn't entirely without flaws and could be exploited or circumvented as long as the cheater wasn't too obvious such as speeding around like crazy or having god-mode on or extremely blatant aim botting.

Division 2 changed it to EAC, I am surprised that 4.x of ReShade still hasn't seen any whitelisting at all though it was good to see 3.4.1 working though without several of the improvements from 4.x but there's still a chance it can be whitelisted later on. :)

Just came back from the Dark Zone and exploring that, bit smaller this time and far more active though I did see a few players in the DZ last I checked in the first game so it's not a total ghost area anymore there either, going to be tough getting stuff out and it seems PvP and rogue agents have a bit of a advantage and is in need of some tuning, ganking is common too but eh suppose it's part of the game in this zone and trying to be the one to get items extracted in the end.
    (And numerous perks and other rewards that can be achieved in the process of ranking up in the DZ.)

EDIT: Well it is a beta event, course there's going to be a ton of players testing out PvP compared to the first game which has a few years to it now but still seems to have a healthy player count.

Undying and -Tj- like this.
  18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The stuttering is from mouse polling rate. You need to drop it to lowest. Pain in the arse I know. 1000hz polling rate causes this issue.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Netherwind likes this.
  19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    wow, seriously? Never heard of mouse polling rate causing an issue like this.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What the f...thanks for letting me know. But you mean adjusting in the mouse software?