ASRock OUts Radeon VII Phantom Gaming X card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Phantom gaming X Radeon VII from ASRock has a base clock speed of 1400 MHz, which can reach up to 1750 MHz. The 16 GB memory is linked to a 4096-bit memory controller. The speed is set to 1 GHz. A...

ASRock Outs Radeon VII Phantom Gaming X card

2. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    Hmm...so with this one you get Asrock stickers on the fans instead of no stickers? Also it seems those stickers turn this into a gaming card. That's value..... /s

3. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And there I thought "Phantom Gaming" meant they'd use the a custom cooler on the card, like they do with other "Phantom Gaming" graphics cards.
    Could have meant for more quiet operation during load. Well, not really as it seems.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You know if this stunt were pulled with Nvidia cards the internet warriors would be out for blood, but it's AMD so the double standard still stands. Like even the YT reviewers are handling this with kid gloves.

Aura89 likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, we know that, but that's how it is. AMD always has some underdog bonus. The card does perform alright, although it's to loud for me personally. Luckily, I don't follow YT reviewers since most of them seem to be attention... grabbers anyway. Clicks make money there, not good journalism.

7. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Come on ASRock. You can do better than using the "Phantom Gaming X" moniker imo for reference cooler cards.

They used it on both Vega 56 and 64 reference cards btw.

ASRock Radeon VII 16G sounds just fine.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Availability reference I suppose, you've heard about it but actually seeing it now that's a different thing. :D

EDIT: Well it's probably cooling and noise related really but eh still kinda works or well it would be the reverse then, you can see it but not hear it? Huh.
    (At least until you hit the non-idle states that is...well hopefully it's just going to be the fan noise and not all out coil whine. :D )