Game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order released the fall of 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sadly, looking at Battlefront 2 saber combat looks horrendous. Ok, I'll admit we are talking about 2 different companies. And it's not a fair comparison. But honestly, how hard would it have been to make it look more natural and realistic? Perhaps a mocap from an expert would have been nice but I digress.

It's one of those kinds of game play mechanics that makes me wish Lucas Arts was still around and in charge of Star Wars games. I just don't understand why Disney disbanded LA then claim they don't have the technical know how to do it themselves thus having to outsource SW games to companies like EA.

It's the proverbial cut your nose to spite your face IMO.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    tensai28 and 0blivious like this.
  2. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    I hope I can play as transgender.

cryohellinc likes this.
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Most of the fun in jedi knight outcast and academy was from MP.
    I don't want just SP from jedi knight series.

It was fun being one of the best players in NA, I made many people rage in FFA.

CTF was also a very fun team effort.

airbud7 and Fox2232 like this.
  4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Instant skepticism. I almost don't believe them.

cryohellinc likes this.

5. MADEVIL

MADEVIL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080Ti
    Was a fan of many older Star Wars games but like most haven't been a fan of newer games, they just don't draw you in like they use to.

[​IMG]

tensai28 and lucidus like this.
  6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    I played them both in MP in lan parties as well, and they were nice for a while, but I approciated the SP more, including the numerous mods. Although that being said, I spent more time in GtkRadiant than actually playing the games. But sure, I'm not saying it should be only SP. Wouldn't it be fine for the new game to be like JO and JA: With a long SP story and then multiple game modes in MP? However, if it's only MP/MMO, I won't end up playing it at all, I reckon. There's a game series I've only played in MP, Flashpoint/Arma, and then the likes of Torchlight, but they are different sort of games altogether. I'm not looking for such things in a Jedi game.

7. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    ...and leftist feminists are cancer?

dude wtf. I do not expect such vapid hate from senior members here. speaking of cancer … that is the most hateful ugly thing I have ever read on here. if you're displaying such awful things to the world it's no wonder you have sad life experiences. progress is actually a good thing . . .

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    linoleum likes this.
  8. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    They are, if you infuse them in to video games, that are supposed to be all about the gaming experience, not political views. Remember the 2000s ? great decade for gaming.

airbud7, Agonist and Order_66 like this.
  9. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    hey thanks for schooling me droopy now I see the light. didn't realize there were so many hard right incels here. art has always involved every issue that relates to the human experience. and politics is nothing more than human rights and sustainability, but I guess the plutocrats are doing a great job of making us hate each other to undermine our democratic authority. please, get over yourselves.

BACK ON TOPIC . . .

anyway the actual game looks cool from what I can tell in these screens <_<

10. Order_66

Order_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6900XT
    I loved those games, played the hell out of them, was really underwhelmed by the first battlefront game but the current BF2 is decent but only because it was on sale for $7.99 lol.

11. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    I recall I played through Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast like three times. The fluid combat and large levels are amusing to explore. Mixing lightsaber combat and guns means you need to sometimes change approach. The story was orignal and interesting, with mostly new characters not from the movies.

Nice to hear this game is really coming. I hope they use atleast some new characters in this game, while we don't know what the gameplay is like. Star Wars is a vast universe and offers perfect elements for a good video game. I'm not against a decent jedi fighting multiplayer, but lenghty single player is definetly what I'm hoping for.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  12. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I think i only ever played JKJA multiplayer with mods which made the combat even more fun. Force super jump was a fun one.

I think the combat was fun because of the auto defense system, hitting a jedi that's afk would not be possible with a single stroke. You'd need to use combos and timing to even harm another jedi and there's force block and heal to contend with.

We'll see i hope they don't copy Battlefronts saber combat or the game will be dead for me.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I'll try to stay within rules of forums about politics...
    Do you know difference between asking for equality and asking for privileges?
    Feminism of old was asking for equality. Feminism of today is not asking, it demands privileges.

If someone has privileges, then there is inequality. That leftist feminism he has in mind is not progress as you think. It is called regression.

And if you thought that his (likely experience driven) statement was "most hateful ugly thing I have ever read on here", try to think about why it came to his mind. And that you may rather stay out of pub section where people sometimes give real hate, not just flat out generic statement which is not infused with emotion.

Yes, hate is emotional thing. That's why I do not think he was hateful. "Sky is blue." is not hateful statement. It is just description of reality. Even if you believe it should be red because red means good for you. (And you do consider blue color as bad.)

airbud7, Agonist, droopy_ro and 2 others like this.
  14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Yes, yes they are. But then again, we live in (for now at least) a free society, where Free Speech is still a thing. So everyone can share their opinions.

I hate when political stuff gets infused into modern games with the intention of delivering an ideological message. For me, that is cancer which can't be given a chance to grow its roots into the industry. I was born in a certain big commie country which, thankfully, fell apart in the early '90s and used similar "tactics".
    Most of us play games to escape reality and have some Fun, instead of being bombarded with someone else political message.

At the end of the day, all of our differences set aside, we all want a Good Solid game for one of our favourite franchises - Star Wars. I want it to have all the best that this beloved universe can offer, and as many above stated, to include some of the key features from Fantastic previous titles in the series.
    There were so many cancelled Star Wars single player titles recently, fans finally deserve a Good Game.

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Line up here, people! Take your bets! Your options are:
    * Game will not be released when they say it will
    * Game will be canceled
    * Game will be littered with hilarious and crippling bugs
    * Game will pull a DXMD situation where you need to buy MTs to reach the end
    * Public outrage over something political

airbud7, BangTail, tensai28 and 3 others like this.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SW is exclusive to EA just like sports games. I have no expectation of anything good coming out of that company. I loved the KOTOR's, empire at war and even the original two lego games along with some demos I had played as a kid but I'm content with leaving it at that. Already been burnt by Mass Effects 3 and Andromeda and Dead Space 3.

airbud7 likes this.
  17. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Great game, i agree! was beautiful.

I do not understand your comment, other thank thinking that is rude. How political/social view in a game can influence the game quality?

18. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    And?

Both directly and indirectly.

airbud7 likes this.
  19. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    I just can't not take the bait lol. personally, i like human rights and sustainability and don't view politics as a bad word. some of the best art has always been political. it's kind of inevitable now that we're beyond 8 bit graphics and MIDIs that we would express ourselves as such. modern feminism is not all privelage. and no I don't want the sky to be red lol. "Today, on average, a woman earns 80.5 cents for every dollar a man earns, and women's median annual earnings are $10,086 less than men's, according to data from the US Census Bureau." so, no, the inequality has not been dealt with. not sure why if folks hate politics so much they would immediately inject it into the the first comments in the thread of this yet unreleased game. to some of us it brings us to tears when we see representation in video games and it makes me feel like we're living in the future. and can even prevent suicide. so if it makes some uncomfortable for a moment maybe it's worth it. I appreciate the open forum for sure, freedom of speech can be a beautiful thing. and I love you all anyway ;) been here long enough to know how intelligent and considerate/helpful this crowd can be and I try my best to reciprocate. and sorry if I over reacted i'm not perfect either lol.

I am behind this 100% :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    You haven't been here long, and act like this.
    Wanna be a SJW, go play on facebook.
    Games do not need this kind of single sided ignorant view on the world.
    And YES massively, leftist feminist are pure cancer. Their logical is flawed, ignorant, short sided political nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.