Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    We don't know the gpu is at fault.

Undying likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Hepefuly its not. I guess you'll find out soon, let us know. :)

tensai28 likes this.
  3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks. Last question because I don't want to keep flooding this topic with off topic. Anyone know how to tell if it's the psu?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    @tensai28 If its the PSU PC would just restart under load without BSOD.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Oh boy...that happened once today. Every other time was bsod.

6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
  7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Actually it seems to be my ram or my cpu oc. Quite possibly my ram not playing well with my new motherboard. I increased the ram voltage to 1.3v and reverted my cpu and gpu to stock. No crashes so far where I was getting crashes every 10 minutes. Thanks guys. I will proceed to try to reapply my overclock one by one and see if it still crashes after further testing.

Undying likes this.
  8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    These people are getting failures after just a few weeks of owning it. No artifacts so far. I've had mine since 9/27 so it might not be that. I'm leaning towards ram or cpu oc from my findings in the post above.

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Glad that you fixed! I didn't know when you got your card so I thought it was the typical sign of failure... Well I wish you 100 yrs of gaming with your card (everybody knows a card doesn't last more than two yrs in one's cabinet though)! :D

10. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @tensai28 It's not the gpu. Forget it. Gpu failure begins with bsod error pointing to driver dlls, or before that a simple driver crash and recovery, the most common all kinds of artifacts during gaming. If it was broken (bad card) you would have problems even idle outside of gaming.

Now, it is something else. It could be anything. Begin with basics. Prime95 and memtest, to hammer check cpu and memory accordingly.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it is hard. it is easy on easy difficulty as it is auto aim. waiting for a good timing and angle.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If it's under load that the crash restart happens that would lead me to think the power supply is not enough wattage, at least this is what happened to me in the past with one of my previous power supplies when I upgraded to a GTX 460, the pc would just restart under the load of playing a video game.... is a SeaSonic S12G 650W enough for a RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO considering the other parts in your system and overclocked?

--

Someone is making a mod to make it look like the original RE2.... 0__0

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No one is make the mod yet.
    As it says, its a concept.
    All he is doing is using a Cheat Engine table for free camera, placing the camera manually, recording the section, change it again.
    Read the comments of those videos.

cerebus23 and KissSh0t like this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Awww 9___9

I hope it becomes real.

MerolaC likes this.
  15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Knowing the RE community, someone will.

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    It's far from an improvement.
    But, nostalgia hits hard for some people.

Undying likes this.

17. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    For some strange reason game keep crashing with v-sync on, but never with v-sync off.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It's mostly a nostalgia check.
    It doesn't really improve the game at all, nor does it make it any scarier. It just smacks those rose tinted glasses just enough to make it "feel" right for some.

Personally, I'm glad they shifted to a true third person camera.
    I love the series, and the classics. But, even after having spent years upon years with the tank controls... they can still be a chore to return to.

MerolaC and INSTG8R like this.
  19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I seem to have already fixed it. No issues now and the system is performing solid for hours since yesterday. I've had my 2080ti running since 9/27 on this psu without issues and the problems didn't start to occur until I upgraded my mobo+cpu which was recently. After raising my dram voltage to 1.3v and using the latest bios which states it improves dram stability in the change log, I can say it seems completely fixed. Resident evil has also been playing for hours without problems too. I suspected it was either my mobo or cpu because that is what changed recently. Actually I was getting occasional freezes in my games prior to this bsod'ing. Like 10 second pauses. This happened ever since my motherboard/cpu upgrade so I figured something was up. Hopefully later a bios comes out that fixes this (seems almost every bios update states it improved dram stability so maybe they are having issues.)but until then I'll keep running the dram at 1.3v since I don't think that will really hurt it (unless I am mistaking, I'm pretty sure ddr4 can run safely at 1.3v 24/7). I used to not be able to go an hour or so without a pause or bsod, now everything is playing well. Odd how none of this manifested when I was stressing with occt. At least my system is running better than before this incident.

Thanks for all the tips guys, I won't be posting anymore about this and sorry for all the off topic.

sertopico and KissSh0t like this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  21. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Oh nice! I hope you can change the tunnelvision FOV though.

Darren Hodgson likes this.