Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I kind of seek those situations out though. If there's a group of teammates, I often lead the charge, if they're stuck at a choke point I'm usually the guy finding a way around to flank the enemies, if a flag is uncapped (no longer in enemy control) I leave it for the other teammates to finish the cap and head out for next flag with enemies, ...

In BF4 I would often not even flank :x I would often just run in, full leeroy.

Also most of the medic sections with longer streaks are from Grand Ops 2nd day (breakthrough basically). There's some sections which are really hard to get through and my solution is often smoking the place up, push in behind them or in their sides and take as many out as possible.

Smokes are Godlike in this game.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes they absolutely are. I always cringe inside when my squadies use them to cover revives... kind of waste, a smoke for a rez

3. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sure they are helpful for that too, that's why the medic gets them from the start after all.

But down the road, playing in a squad it's even easier, you have 4 to 5 smokes with you (2x2 medic and maybe one on somebody else), and like @Corrupt^ said, you can use them as a block before attacking, or to slow down an attacker too... it just requires you to get used to playing with it. But that usually does require our fellow guru's ability to kill entire squads in a brink, or teamwork and coordinated advances / retreats.

Especially in smaller maps or modes like Squad Conquest, where you run from munitions box to munitions box in the end, you're always full on smokes.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Also helps to use the cheese weapons. Im trying to get gold on all and there are some guns that are massively OP, I know the STG is getting hit with the nerf bat soon and the thompson may be losing its drum, Shotguns getting another pass too.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Doubt they'll go through with all those nerfs. Thompson with the drum mag is one of the best medic guns and the class its weapons are already underwhelming. STG already loses out a lot in CQC vs medics.

If anything, the real issue here is how good the single shot Assault weapons are at ... sniping, compared to recon weapons, it really makes the latter lose a lot of value.

Shotguns don't need a nerf, they need an entire redesign. They're inconsistent, yet it's laughable how easy it is to get 1 shot kills. Regardless of the "but dude it's a shotgun... hurr durr" comments, nothing should 1 shot kill with such ease, irrespective of the range.

Overall I would like to see the "Reduced Vertical Recoil" upgrade removed from Support/Assault weapons though. If guns are efficient at a wide amount of ranges then they should also require a bit more control/skill to use.

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  6. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Just saying what i've heard, " gamechanger " crap and all that.

I agree With all your points, and Medics need something because aside from thompson and maybe the sten its a crap show

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    +the new ZK, that one is also a good medic weapon.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Gold is crap, i hope you dont use it Its ugly and also you are seen more easily than with stock or other skins than gold.

big ROBOT bill and fantaskarsef like this.
  9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I just use Night Owl on every gun, a nice black look :p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. Party Poison

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

It really doesnt matter, If they can see my camo they can see me. They gold isnt that bright at all and Im rarely sneaking.

its more just for a completion thing.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    uh oh.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I honestly really hope this makes DICE wake up or forces EA to shake DICE to wake up so they can go back to doing what they used to do, making really good Battlefield games, I've been playing Battlefield games since the beginning and this is the first time there has been this kind of controversy other than the classic launch problems and bugs.

Hey DICE want to make a Battlefield game that will please the core Battlefield audience? Make Battlefield 2143.... you can have men, women, robots... make a good Battlefield game, and also finish the game before releasing it, that would be great, I would buy that, I would play that for hundreds of hours.

Here's an idea, have a Battlefield game that has a single character that the player creates at the beginning, a character customizer that can let the player creative how his character looks, much like Skyrim, the player creates his character, choosing Male/Female/Robot, and then that is your character for all multiplayer games, as you play the game you can unlock new things for your character.... the things you unlock are unlocked through GAMEPLAY, within the video game...

I also want to be able to play every multiplayer map against Bots.... like all the good Battlefield games of old, I would buy that game so fking fast.

Well... I can dream..

*stares off into the distance*

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    lucidus, fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Great idea i agree but, lol battledfield 2143 would look like destiny or warframe and etc.

But yea a fantasy BF with cyber men and women and androids and laser pew pew rifles and what the hell ever character you wanted to make noone would have batted a bloody eye vs the backlash they caused.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If they did their own thing it would hopefully look like Battlefield 2142 but with awesome graphics.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well i was talking gameplay wise not necessarily visually :p.

jump packs maybe some wall running people loved that in titanfall and the got gud players in the quake 2 days you could do some wall running/hopping. ;P. big fu guns etc, yea will be frostbite and therefore it would be visually impressive.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Mehh at jump packs and wall running... invisibility and knife is what it's all about xD... that was basically Battlefield 2142 for me, going invisible and trying to flank the enemy to take everyone's dogtags, and also trying to plant explosives on the walkers legs, that was so fun.

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, spec ops was really nice to play. Loved that not OP cloaking device...

KissSh0t likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    But wall running is fun!

Side story but i actually wall ran in real life and no earthly clue how and could probably never do it again even trying, but i was horsing around with my friend in school and pissed him off and took off up the stairs like a banshee heading back to the class room where he cant hit me.

I come out the stair well like a bat out of hell to my dismay there some lost fashion design girls in the middle of the hallway (one was gorgeous as hell also) but i come out so fast the only angle i got is to either slam into the wall to not hit him but somehow i leap up onto the wall push off and launch to the far side the hallway clearing the girls.

And that probably a good 8 feet i cleared.

Ahh the good old days.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It’a probably not that great in a multiplayer game. COD had it for years and the people were really happy to be back at “boots on the ground”.

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -