Download: 3DMark for Windows v2.8.6427 now available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    chispy likes this.
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    for a moment there i was wondering what "windows v2.8.6427" was

3. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    The issue is that 3dmark is not dynamic, its the exact same sequence of frames.
    DLSS needs to prove itself in real games with dynamic environments.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Hilbert Hagedoorn that time when you most likely are done testing a new vga waiting for the nda to lift and new drivers or 3d mark version rolls out .... !

5. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Verified over a 30% improvement with DLSS on vs. TAA on my RTX 2070. The image quality is also top notch, amazing!

6. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    Went from 37.04 to 52.53 with my setup 7820x@4.7 RTX 2080ti FE at times it did hit over 80fps
    4k went from 16.96 to 32.28 if anyone cares lol

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  7. mahanddeem

mahanddeem Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080Ti StrX
    It has to be the exact same sequence, so the test results would be comparable between different cards, different setups and different software environments.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    He knows that - he's saying that DLSS has an advantage in a demo like this because it's always the same. An AI upscaler is going to be easier to train on a video vs a video game with randomized camera movements/etc. This demo is essentially a video.

9. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    While it's not entirely similar, but I do wonder if it's really the time for UL to implement DLSS support at this point. Reminds me when Ageia's PhysX was implemented in older 3DMarks. When Nvidia bought up Ageia's technology, PhysX suddenly was exclusive for Nvidia's graphic solutions. The amount of games that even supported GPU accelerated PhysX was ever few but that support in 3DMark, with PhysX even defaulting to enabled by default, did give the wrong impression of how a Nvidia based system performed compared to a system with a Radeon graphics solution and even, for that matter, a Nvidia system where PhysX was disabled.

If DLSS does get supported in more games than Final Fantasy XV (and whatever more that's supporting it), it should be enabled. But at this point, it really only reminds me of that 3DMark PhysX thing.

10. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

It's not part of the default Port Royal benchmark, thus it isn't scored as such. You have to launch a separate test called DLSS feature test. Then it gives you a before and after comparison of the technology.

anders190 likes this.

11. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    I'm very concerned for both DLSS and RTX. adoption rate is not looking great. Hopefully Anthem will show us how DLSS works in dynamic multiplayer environment

12. anders190

anders190 Member

GPU:
    1080Ti Phoenix GS
    I missed that, if it works like that I don't see much problem with it at all. :)

Xtreme1979 likes this.