Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Great, that's what I wanted to hear! :D

2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah sounds like me too at the station and yeah wasted a lot of ammo on those dogs and there were still 2 left.Every room I’ve been able to get into had been “scrubbed” of all inventory. My only hope now is to get that. .50 from the armoury as I have stored all that ammo I’ve made/picked up. But right now I just have hit a wall I don’t know what to do next and I’m completely unarmed, have no first aid so I feel pretty useless right now.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh thats pretty nice!

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Getting BSOD's all over the place with this game. At first I thought it might be my gpu oc so I dialed back to stock and I was able to play for hours. Now it's doing it again even at stock. Anyone else having this problem? 2080ti here..maybe I'm setting the vram too high?

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I suppose you are safe enough maxing out everything, except the bar for resolution scale. Keep it at 100%. That's it. As safe as it goes for game's consistency. If it fails, it's your hardware in my opinion.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It might have something to do with your OC as I've had zero issues with RE2 and I am half way through my second playthrough.

Try everything @stock and see if it still happens.

8. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I must be blind..where is this resolution scale option? I'm playing it in 3840x2160 and didn't touch anything about resolution scaling.
    Edit: Okay, I see it's the image quality setting. Yes, I have that set to 100%

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I already did. It's the only game giving me issues too. What drivers are you using?

BangTail likes this.
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I just finished the leon campaign just under 10 hours.
    I have mixed feelings about this game, leaning more to the positive side though.
    I didnt like the police station part , but once i got into the sewers things became great.

kind of stupid that in the cutscene leon always has a pistol, even though i dont carry one , just he shotgun.
    It has been mentioned before but the headshot thing is also pretty crap. I loved that in RE5 , where you shot his head and a tentacle came out. Here its just guessing if his head gets blown off , you can just keep on shooting or he just falls onto the ground with his head still on.
    Id rate this game a 8/10 tbh ,
    also because a certain bossfight you can throw grenades , empty all your shutgon shells , but one blast from a rocket launcher is enough.
    Oh and i didnt like the aligator chase sequence, it was really short tbh.

btw this game must be one of the blurriest games ive played. nice that digital foundry made a article how good it looks closed up, but the camera is hardly closed up when you play.
    turning off the options still makes it blurry somehow.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Did you try switching between Dx12 and Dx11?

BangTail likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, that is a good point.

I play in DX11, DX12 basically doesn't exist for me, I've seen people claiming you lose 15-20% performance using DX12 in RE2.

warlord likes this.
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Hm, that's interesting. With my low end rig I have stable 60 fps all maxed out 2560*1080, that 12+ gb vram seems ballshit. I haven't tried dx11 yet. Perhaps it will eliminate some rare stuttering in cutscenes or some rare drops here and there.

BangTail likes this.
  15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Let me get to replying to these.
    I'm on 417.35. Could give those a try.
    dx12 gives me a pretty significant performance hit so I am keeping it on dx11.
    Most likely because you are on AMD. Nvidia doesn't behave nicely with many dx12 titles.
    hmm I'll try the latest drivers but also I tried adding a little more voltage to my ram. Not overclocking my ram just running them in xmp stock rated profile. Default voltage is 1.2v and I bumped it up to 1.25v. It's a long shot but could be this new motherboard is giving me issues. Recently updated my cpu to a 9600k and had to get a z390.

BangTail likes this.
  16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have come to the conclusion that Resident Evil 2 is stress inducing.

AsiJu and Undying like this.

17. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I am still getting crashes. Considering this is the only game that is giving me issues, it could be a bug conflicting with my hardware. Before I conclude it at that I have one more long shot. Are those of you with no issues running the game with real time binaural enabled?

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I am, and I never had a single crash since I've started playing... I'm on FW 417.35. Are you sure this is the only game crashing? It may be your 2080 Ti failing. Usually it starts like that and then you get space invaders artifacts. I hope it's not but you should test with other GPU intensive games like The Witcher 3.

PS: better not touching the VRAM at all with these cards.

19. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Only this game so far. I have witcher 3 and it plays perfectly. At a loss but hopefully I can find a solution. I don't think my card is the problem.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Good then. :) Other games you tried? Did you play long enough? Which kind of error do you get in the Event Viewer?

21. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Okay...I am getting bsod's in every game now. My system up until today has been working perfectly. Everything now at stock and still getting bsod's. Not sure how to fix this.
    P.S. sorry to hijack the thread with off topic.

22. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Sad stuff. try this... (return that thing and get a RVII) :p