Sniper:Ghost Warrior 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I hope so.
    While the environments in SGW3 look great, the character models are stiff and lifeless.
    Add in the game itself is basically FarCry: Sniper. With bad writing, awful dialog... and a dumb story.

It's not a bad game, but... it's about what you'd expect from CI as a developer.

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    I really enjoyed ghost warrior 2 and now 3.
    No sarcasm.

As an avid fan of sniper elite, this series furthers the continuum with a great story line and superb graphics.

I am rather enjoying the storyline and it appreciate CI's work in this one.

There is more immersion but wow the graphics and footprints in the mud are so photo-realistic.

Fantastic game!

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    soz to resurrect such an old thread but after the whole thing with metro i somehow gravitated towards this for only 7.99 Euro/9.16 Dollars with the season pas included and damn has it impressed me so far something i never thought it could do after trying out the buggy broken demo. this is pretty much what it would be like if far cry 2 sniper elite stalker/metro homefront 2 all had a baby together and cryengine really shines while playing even though its clearly evidant its still a budget fps at heart it looks so good at times you completely forget its a CI release. best of all one game it reminds me of is one ip ive long since been wishing would one day return and that is Project I.G.I. omg i loved that game so much the way it intentionally made you improve testing your skills to the limit having to go from start of level to end this plays and even looks at times so much like a modern I.G.I. i cant stop smilin'.

flying a drone up in the air tagging enmies and then working out the best way to take down the enemies in an area from a distance just as i used to in I.G.I. and so far both the sniper rifle and silenced pistol feel so satisfying to use, really satisfying and the way you can retreat back to your home and upgrade or even sleep then wake up and head up the stairs to the surface is a really big nod to both stalker and metro. I dont know why i wasnt expecting it being cryengine but the atmosphere lighting and surfaces look fkn amazing im still pinching myself i got the game for so little i kinda feel bad now lol

if you are leaving metro exodus out for now and want a decent shooter with looting and nice gfx trust me you could do much worse than adding this to your pc collection esp at such an insanely low price point that comes with season pass dlc included. i so often regret buying games this cheap but for once it 100 per cent paid off in my favour im actually excited to get properly stuck into it tomorrow night.

ramthegamer and AsiJu like this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I have SGW3, but I haven't really played it. I started it a long time ago, and could not get a decent frame rate. But, that was back on my old 970.
    So... who knows, maybe I'll give it a shot again soon.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    se4 was good like really good, looked great ran great and that sub base mission killing hitler hells yea! clearing that base holy hell that was difficult but man did many nazis die that day 10/10. great fun will play again at some point.

Pro mode though man they nuke your zoom scope which means that anything outside like 300 yards is microscopic in your sites which means it is near impossible to site your bullet drop. The bullet drop seems hyped to level 20 levels even on mid range shots the game thinks your using a slingshot or bow or something.

Kill cam is what really makes these games fun blowing someones eyes out, testacle shots 10 thumbs up.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the game is chitty optimized, for the cryengine , it s the worst performing game ever has nothing to do with the 970 as a card

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Do not listen anyone. Try it for yourself. I had zero problems with the game on 970. (But I don`t need the settings to be at ultra level.) I would not label this game as a blast, but the fun was there. And I like it much more then previous two.

AsiJu and ramthegamer like this.
  8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Nice, as it happens I was eyeing this one not too long ago, sounds good by your account!

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i should have said in my post it actually runs great for me and im currently still on nothing more than a 960 and an FX 8300 4ghz the game looks super nice all things considered and i adore games i can just plop into and take at my own pace doing what i want how I want to get it done. i actually now wish id bought it much sooner but hey its had time to get fixed up nicely during that time. im playing it more like an up to date Project I.G.I. or even a modern day Boiling Point: Road to Hell both games click in my mindset while playing so i could not be happier tbh

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    AsiJu and cerebus23 like this.
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Watched a bit of gameplay incl. linked video above and while definitely nice, couldn't help escape the feeling this is a variant of Far Cry.

Not that it's a bad thing but I can play Far Cry for that, so what do you guys think about that?

Also this or Sniper Elite 4 (that happens to be on sale too for the same price as SGW 3)?

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea se4 is on steam sale for a song atm noticed that yesterday.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Far Cry is not focused on sniping.

Buy both games. They differ a bit. I hate 3rd person view so I avoid SE series (tried one game but failed to finish.)

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah I'd prefer first person too.

But I think I found a clever solution: SGW 3 is up for grabs from CDKeys for even less than on Steam (about 6 € incl. DLC) so problem solved I guess :)

Might grab SE4 too from Steam tho.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    ok i had a looooong ass session on this last night and if anything it proved to me that when it comes to gaming imersion truly is in the eye of the beholder now ive started going out ONLY AT NIGHT kitted with all silencer loadout after sleeping and slowly working my way around enemy camps sniping bases in a kinda circular motion for the outer stragglers then going in and getting silenced pistol kills close up then finally finishing off the rest with twisty neck stealth kills. if anything i dont think ive ever come this close to recreating the many hours i poured into both IGI and IGI 2 as I now have playing this and after many years playing twich shooters this feels like a real breath of fresh bloody cranium poppin air. once thats done its a case of looting bodies and cleaning up the area of loot and even coming across the odd investigation style area on top that gives a better insight into the story and bad dudes.

right before i came off i climbed up the very highest tower structure i could find and looked out from way up tagging enemies all round with my sniper scope as the wind gently blew into my ears and a mist rolled in from the north the sun glinting off my weapon as i gently nudged the range finder and sent my drone up even higher to make sure i didnt miss anyone. it almost feels like a first person Ghost recon Wildlands in some regards which suits me fine mighty fine even.guess what im getting at is that its often way to easy to dismiss games that either sold poorly and/or came out a technical nightmare at launch cos somewhere down the line it doesnt mean there aint a more than worthy gaming experience waiting for you even at the sub ten dollar mark like this turned out to be and its turned out to be,, a game that has stopped me playing everything else dead in its tracks including the likes of FF XV which i had recently heavily got into on top purely because it reminds me so much of old style pc games i once knew and loved. gg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    After I got accustomed to its gameplay I disabled the tagging (if I am not mistaking with some other game) - that increases the challenge. And of course I disabled the aim assist dot.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i do like ur review, and i found the game really good when it comes to stealth kills during the night, yes it is very immersive

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's definitely a hidden gem, if you like sneaking, planning and executing - it's a good bet you'll enjoy this.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Also the fact that places you "clean" got populated with enemies repeatedly gives you opportnity to try different approaches (and with different weapons since your collection grows too).

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i am really enjoying continuing this game after a while of not playing it, definitely appreciate CI s work on this one, i will be buying their next game aswell for sure

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i really like the game, and i think the same way you are thinking about the level design and ur hideout etc, it is very immersive