Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

Not bad, Marvin seems a bit broken but it did a good job with Leons facial animations. :D

Turanis, BetA, scatman839 and 2 others like this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lols! Talk to the gun, cause the face ain't listening.

Turanis likes this.
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Finished first run with the Leon at normal difficulty. Last boss battle was pain because I had only a few pistol bullets and a few shotgun bullets. Got C score Second run was with Claire obviously, easy difficulty. Took half time to complete with B rating. And many many bullets. Tried hunk 4 times and failed. Damn. What's next.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So how do the zombies work in this game, seems you headshot them 3 or so times, they go down, but sometimes they come back up?

Also are some zombies invincible for cutscenes later? Like when the cop dude closes the shutter on that zombie, he seemed to keep getting up

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    There are a few things you better know to start this game.

- Zombies can be critcal hit killed with 1 shot thats not random. you need to aim good. between eye brows. you can read this on tips and tricks articles. i did killed a few times with 1 shot. just a good aim.
    - if a zombie is dead. it is dead. stays for whole time that way.
    - BARRICADE the windows of police station and no zombie gonna spawn. in my second run i did that way and it was like walk in the park

and many more. just google tips and tricks RE2 remake. some very powerful and useful tips.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah I've been barricading when I can

Is it worth preemptively killing zombies before they rise and attack later? Like just knifing random corpses and seeing it they're a zombie and killing em

I miss the deadline space style stomping here

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

This may be caused by AB, as ive started playing 7, before i tackle this one, and i was getting the exact same in that (uses the same engine), but while playing that, i decided to not use AB, and just to cap the frames to 60 through the ingame menu (playing it in 4k, which is 60hz anyway, as plays full screen, without Black bars, unlike my native res in it) and im now getting no stutter/pauses at all, i only get a slight stutter, when i first load my game up, then it goes perfect, so will see if this goes the same without AB running, when i get around to it :)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    When I try to play in DX12 and Fullscreen, any higher resolution than 2560x1440 gives me a greenish screen. The problem disappears in DX11.
    Anyone else encountered this?

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Don't play in dx12 it gives worse performance. Plus whatever that bug you said

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I've had good luck with taking out a leg and then knifing them a few times. They rarely seem to get up after that. Even if they do, they're now missing a leg and can only crawl at you

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Honestly I was doing decapitate legs and move on Because I watched a YouTube video.
    Then used this method : I gave head shot.zombie drops ground. Then I knife. What difficulty you are playing anyway?

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    just normal the now, seems fine, i have no issue to dropping down another difficulty if im stuck at a boss

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    RTX on

Undying likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Was posted in previous page already...

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    It is such a shame no item comes with you to next game run. What to do after doing all runs and difficulties?

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Funny sh1t :D

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The game has an adjusting difficulty.
    No matter what difficulty level you select. If you start getting beat down by the enemies, they will start to move a little slower. Critical headshots become more common...

But, if you go a long time without damage, have a decent supply of ammo... the zombies will move faster, take more shots before they go down.

Geryboy likes this.
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Pretty much every RE title since RE4, IIRC, has done this to some end.
    It's just that in previous titles a headshot still registered as a headshot. In RE2, with the critical hit system they've put in... it seems very random.

But, I think, if you can get a perfect shot directly between a zombie's eyes... you will get the critical hit.
    I've been trying for the last few times I've played, and when I can get it, it will pop their heads each time.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Haven't played myself much yet, game is superb btw, but if the crits are like RPG crits then each headshot has certain chance of being a crit.
    The likeliness is obviously low and I guess different weapons have diffeent crit chances like shotgun having a higher chance than pistol.
    Also the adjusting difficulty surely affects crit chance too.

It could be aim related sure but not totally convinced, I'd wager it's CHC based.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Please, tell me how you are doing that! I never manage to shoot them between the eye brows, do you have any video about it, so that I can understand exactly where to shoot? I'm in the sewers right now, Birkin 2 is next, and I have the feeling I wasted too many bullets. I read around that some people got to the endgame almost without resources and had to start the game from the beginning.

Oh, anybody knows if a freecam mod for screenshots is available?

21. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I just got back from the sewers the first time I have absolutely no ammo I couldn’t even kill the officer now that he’s turned and my knife stuck in him and he’s following me around... I really don’t know what to do now...

22. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I'm not as desperate as you but for instance I killed every licker and zombie inside the police station (I also put barricades on almost every window) so that Mr. X gets a bit less annoying, then I killed all the dogs in the garage and I wasted many ammos, now in the sewers which are full of narrow areas I chose to shoot at the legs but zombies are still a pain in the ass and soon I'll have to unload my arsenal on Birkin. I don't know how I'll get to the labs this way. I have something like 3 grenades, 5 flashbang, a full pistol magazine plus some more ammos and 12 shotgun shells. I think it's not enough to go on, also because I cleared up every area in the police station and in the garage.

23. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Tried to attack a licker with the pistol... bad idea. Tried sneaking past first but the bugger came straight towards me.

Game is extremely immersive and fun to play!
    I adore the adventure game type puzzle solving and working things out for yourself. It's a simple thing but satisfying.

It boils down to not having objective markers and flashing hints I think.
    The puzzles don't need rocket science to solve.

Many games could have this. I thought for a bit why it works so well here and it's simple: game should let the player play and work things out how he sees fit.

You don't need to have a marker and a hint telling you that the key you just found is for these doors and auto unlock them.
    It takes the achievement out from progressing.

Btw I never played the original except maybe a tidbit on a friend's PlayStation.
    Goes to show how fresh a game letting you actually play is these days.

cerebus23 likes this.