Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Also, my wet dream is for a proper Punch-Out game to be made on Switch. Not Arms, not one of the 5 smartphone knock-offs. A legit, Little Mac starring, Punch-Out. With Glass Joe, King Hippo, Piston Honda, Bear Hugger, Super Macho Man and a few new characters.

anxious_f0x and BangTail like this.
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    defying logic the 'Tales of' team seem to have gone with an uncapped framerate in what should be 30fps areas, making it nice and stuttery (and wasting battery to boot)

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I never played any of the XenoBlade series. I have such a hankering for an old school, console style RPG (think FF series before PS2...think console rpg's before PS2-era)

I ran through FF15, best looking PC game available imo. Worst story of a Final Fantasy game, EVER, again, imo. Do I need to have played the previous Xeno games to follow along with the sequel on Switch? If not, is it any fun? Doesn't seem like it has the occult following the wii original did?

Other suggestions I'm missing? Can be on any system. Im writing for Switch with Xeno 2 in mind.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Xeno games are all self contained just like final fantasy, tiny references at best and some shared monster designs.

It doesn't have a cult following this time around with xenoblade 2 because it was a big success for the team and sold over 1.5 million copies by september 18, it's their best selling game to date.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

vhchartz has some estimates for chronicles 1 showing a combined wii + 3ds sales of about 1.4 million, after many many years

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/84721/xenoblade-chronicles/?region=All
    http://www.vgchartz.com/game/42966/xenoblade-chronicles/?region=All

(xenoblade X sold a only 0.84 million on wii u)

I highly enjoyed the game as well as the prequel expansion/stand alone Xenoblade 2 Torna. Best JRPG i've played in years. It is however, not old school turn based RPG, the battles have a pretty complex system that can take a while to master, but it's real time.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Serotonin likes this.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've come to learn that turn based rpg fighting is gone and real time is where it's at. I've been ok making that transition. I didn't mind it in FF15, if anything it was too simplistic. Good point about the sequel.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I mean if you want turn base old school on the switch look at octopath traveller. Though be aware it does not really have an grand epic main story like most jrpgs, rather 8 seperate character stories

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    well MP4 just got totally delayed. Will start from scratch with a new team :

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Metroid Prime 4 delay. Ugh. The one game I was looking forward to on this machine. I really hope they release the trilogy HD stuff sooner than later then. Here's to Animal Crossing, the only other game on my switch radar this year. Damn, Nintendo delayed the Mario Kart mobile game too. Big N is jumping in with the delay normalcy these days.

I don't understand why they would want to push off the 3DS if it's still profitable for them, but maybe they're having a hard time getting developer support since it seems even mobile games have surpassed the 3DSa hardware, minus the 3D.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    According to a rumoured source Retro Studios have had the prime trilogy remaster done for a while. Perhaps we'll see an announcement at e3.

Serotonin likes this.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I actually found our two old 3ds in the cupboard recently and i traded mine in towards a 2ds XL and some Mario bros games as i hated the battery life of the 3ds, but i like a bit of platrom coin collecting now and again, cost me in total £120 for a new 2ds xl with MK, Mario 3d and M Maker, BUT, if they brought out a cheaper Switch out for under £200 i would buy one just for the Mario bros games, MK, and Mario oddessy, but until then the switch is priced way out of my range for bang buck, £280 for just the console. lol

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Sorry to disappoint you there but the 2ds XL actually has a the smaller size battery from the 3ds line (og 3ds size). Only the old 3ds XL or new 3ds XL have the bigger one

You'll be saving battery with the 3d off by default and maybe a more efficient screen but afaik it's still not near the 3d XL models

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I feel this new 2d one is lasting longer than my old 3ds, but it was a old 3ds so possibly its battery was not holding a good charger anymore, well it feels that way to me although i do only occasionally fire it up for a blast Mario bros 2, but i do like how much lighter it is and it is smaller than the 3ds case wise yet the screens are the same size, but yeah it is very nice for a quick blast of mario now and again, i will keep it until a cheaper switch appears then see what they have on offer, i like the idea of the switch but price is way too much at present, well for me anyway, i like bang for my buck, evey penny is a prisoner with me. Lol

And just today while cleaning the door cupboard we found the very first 3ds bought, small metallic blue one, and the screens are tiny, how were these even playable on such small screens. Lol

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Punch out would no doubt work quite well with thise little joycon things, they could sell a add on for them that made them fit over your knuckle like a pair of knuckle dusters. Lol

Serotonin likes this.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Actually, I'm surprised that a decent boxing game isn't amongst the Switch catalogue as it was the one type of game that the joycons seemed perfect for.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    wat

this game was made, Arms, it got about 8/10 average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_(video_game)

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
  19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i want xcom on switch.

20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i have had BOTW sitting unopened for the Wii U for over a year now, so today i thought i would give it a quick blast and see what all the fuss is about first hand..........that was 6 hours ago. lol

Very impressive game to say the least, breakable weapons are a pain but manageable, loving those shrines, hating the fumbling control scheme, visually and audibly great....i should not have waited so long to play this......although i may have to buy a pro controller as the pad is a bit of a hindrance to gameplay due to its size, a joypad would work and feel so much better.....but very impressive indeed.