Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I dunno, this still looks quite generic to me. No interesting design choice, the gameplay seems uninspired (apart from the flying, I guess), and the story/characters are going to be light at best (said by Bioware). What exactly is supposed to set this apart from the other 5 multiplayer looter-shooters/MMOs?

Serotonin and cerebus23 like this.
  2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's quite literally another a Games as Service product shaped in the likeness of Destiny and Warframe. Just EA joining the bandwagon with a shameless crossbreed developed by a seemingly dying studio. Apparently theres also a video floating around the interwebs showing that the visuals were also downgraded from E3 announcement to Demo. EAoware ticking all the boxes!

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Warframe is Free and is also very good.

Amaze and BangTail like this.
  4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I'm looking forward to this game release and see all the fans reaction. I tried the VIP demo, it didn't hold my interest at all. Not bad, but nothing great either. I won't be getting it. BUT, I do hope the best for Anthem tho. Competition is good for gamer too. :)

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Wow, Demo is 43,91GB.

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Funny thing is I actually just installed Warframe for the first time ever... played the first into mission and thought it was pretty good. All this Anthem talk made me try it out. LOL.

Funny how marketing works sometimes.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Welcome to the fold, Tenno :p

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Demo is alive. There was some update compared to VIP demo, seems smoother for me :)

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I'm downloading the demo and have the game on Origin (came with my gpu). If the demo is good, I'll play it a lot, my kind of game. P2W might be an issue, we'll have to wait and see.

10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    To each their own. Why are you in this thread then? :D Just curious.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    fair play.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Well 99% of my games are pay to play ;)

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Can we get two threads for each game, One for people to be negative in and one for people to actually talk about the game. Not how they feel about the business and practise around it.

I know a few people on here who still play F76 but don't dare to post about it as its met with a ton of shite.

If you don't like a game or think it looks shitty or have a problem with EA fine. But you don't need to post it constantly so other people can validate your opinion.

Just sick of the wall to wall negativity tbh

Christ, Its making me go back to reddit.

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @Party Poison Anyone who enjoys a buggy and godawful game like F76 shouldn't post anywhere anything. I own all FO games except that for a reason. I don't need a MP life to live. I have a real life and I play real games. Same goes for TESO. I have everything except this and I'll buy TES:VI.

These games above have nothing to do with Anthem by the way or EA. And don't forget guys like me who own already this game through Origin Premier. As long as I legitimate can play it, I will throw a lot of shite if it isn't any good at all. Like I am disgusted how inferior ME:A was to prior ones.

15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

That is the exact kind of childish crap I'm talking about.

16. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    We should get back to things we can all agree on. Like a nice glass of scotch and a fun game to play!

17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I just tried the demo.. and well I hated it. To be fair I didn't get to play a lot because I was so quickly annoyed with a few glaring issues:

1. At first the game kept trying to open up on my third screen.. which is a TV I have turned off to the side of me. Took me a minute to get it on the main screen at which point it completely locked up my PC until I rebooted. Because it hard locked the settings didn't save to file and this happened again until I was able to edit the config file. /clap
    2. Forced motion blur even when disabling the setting (apparently getting fixed.. still made my experience awful)
    3. No FOV slider. This plus the motion blur made me just want to skip and zoom past everything as quickly as possible in the first person area. I couldn't enjoy a second of it. Felt sick just walking around.. really hurt my opinion of the game because atmosphere and immersion are some of the biggest things I like in gaming.
    4. Flying controls are awful. Mouse control in general isn't good. Just bad.
    5. I couldn't find out how to quit the random group of strangers it wanted to lump me with. I realized it was probably my fault because I was supposed to set the game to private somehow, but it wasn't very obvious to me (since I missed it I guess) and at this point I was already sick of the game. Also, I apparently wasn't allowed to explore on my own as it abruptly took me to a loading screen before dumping me right next to the team I was trying to avoid. Even if I am playing with just friends I don't want to be teleported around like that when we really weren't that far away... I'm sure there is a way around this.. but damn that was not a good starting experience.

There are other issues I saw (like no HDR settings/toggle), but those are the glaring ones that made me stop playing really quickly. Just really reeks of a last minute PC port. Sad.

On the positive:

Graphics, aside from the motion blur/fov, is amazing.
    Shooting felt good.
    Movement on ground was ok.

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Gave it a spin. First impression was not great. I found the menu system annoying to navigate but that's a problem in many games.
    The town you start in was very very quiet. I had to check my headphones to see if I pulled the plug. There's no music and the ambience is almost non-existent. At least voices are present.
    I ran over to the robot suit and loaded the mission map. There was no prompt telling me that I had to press f to start the selected mission. Only when I pressed escape into another menu did it show. I was getting a little triggered by this point but I'm also pretty tired.
    I load into some random place and try flying. Steering while flying was super awkward. Maybe it'll get better with practice.
    I drop down on the ground. Kill 2 dudes. And then I get a random load screen. Turns out the server disconnected and now I'm back to the place I spawned in the town when I first launched the game. I logged off then.

BangTail and Kolt like this.
  19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Yep, that mission select on one screen, then start it on another is super weird.

20. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Is it me or is it damn near impossible to tell how I'm receiving damage a lot of times? Especially during the boss fight in the third mission.

Other then that the graphics are great.

This is a console game. Not buying. I know it's a demo but it still seems bare bones compared to the PC multiplayer games of old and somewhat new.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    BangTail likes this.