AMD Radeon VII 3DMark results Surface

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2019.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    There is not a single game out there that will need more than 11gb of vram for a while.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems Jensen was right, ''performance is lousy''..

3. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    They are all mostly gone around here, and the few exceptions that remain cost way more then their original MSRP. I was trying to suggest a 1080 for a friend doing upgrades, but it was impossible to get one at any decent value. So we went with a 2070 instead.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not sure what the node size has to do with being late to the party from a cost and performance standpoint, which is what was stated....in fact, the fact that AMD has to use 7nm to equal performance and price at nvidias 12nm, is not exactly a positive on AMD.

Navi, hopefully, will tell a different story.

carnivore likes this.

5. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    Knowing firestrike is optimized for NVIDIA, the Radeon VII does perform pretty well imho. Competing against 2080 is for now max they can do, the wait is for cards after Navi... That will contain new cores and a complete new uArch...

6. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    I bought my 1080TI just after release for less than £600

Now over a year and a half later, AMD finally match it but it costs more and people are actually excited by this?

How can anybody in their right mind say this is good and jump on the hype bandwagon?
    You could have had an equal performing product over a year ago for a cheaper price...

Nima V likes this.
  7. Youkinen

Youkinen Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    Greetings from a "new" guy!

I was just wondering if Vega VII might benefit from it's massive 16gb memory when gaming on super high resolutions?
    You know, multi 4k monitor setups or since TV manufacturers are starting to roll out their 8k TVs. Could it actually gain
    upper hand vs. some 8gb (or even 11gb) nvidia counterparts? That would be and interesting test.

8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not really, but for mining it will have usage.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Ah.. the inexorable pace of GPU technology must have kept going forever at 50-60% performance gains with each succeeding gen. Guess we found out it aint the case :( .. Well, grab a new RTX 2080ti and enjoy your 30% perf gain @ 100% price increase. Thank the lord for alternatives!

10. harondutzu

harondutzu Guest

GPU:
    1080TI
    Hell no... I've RMA'ed an 1080ti and they can't provide another one..so ..I need to chose between my money back or a 2080... I've posponed my answer and waited for the vega VII but now with these tests coming to light, I feel once again dissapointed by AMD...

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If you game only, get 2080. But check actual situation of cash vs. card.
    Is the cash enough to buy 2080? If so, then get cash and buy new 2080 straight away.
    If cash is not enough, consider warranty. Will replacement 2080 start with new warranty? If not, then price difference may be worth it.

harondutzu likes this.
  12. harondutzu

harondutzu Guest

GPU:
    1080TI
    Yes, you are 100% right, but then, they will give me my money back aprox 770 E, which won't be enough for a 2080, with 2080ti being unaproachable. I know it's not fair, as the 2080ti's price is artificially inflated, but this is why I was considering AMD, as I have with the processors, because they seem to be more "honest" with their customers.

13. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    REMOVED

14. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I see this new card in another light for gaming:
    It may be a winner if the new consoles (Xbox, Playstation) will use 16 GB of RAM for graphic.
    If not then there will be no point for gaming, because the developers for most of the games will develop games for consoles and then port them to PC. So if consoles will only use 8 GB no point for devs. develop games with more ram useage for at least 3-5 years from now on. So more RAM for gaming will be pointles.
    Personaly I wait for consoles to see in witch direction to go with the new GPU's on the market.

15. HWgeek

HWgeek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    NIce:)
    Did you applied to The Division® 2 Closed Beta? so maybe we can get small Bench with RTX2080/Radeon7/Vega64?
    https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/thedivision2-closed-beta

16. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Sorry but... get less? What are you talking about? :) You get twice the amount of (otherwise more expensive HBM2) VRAM with the Radeon VII, while you get RT feature with NV that currently works in 1 (!!!) title in nearly 5 months' time (oh yes, and 1 benchmark!). You can decide (if their performance trades blows) what is more important: more future prufe feature with the more VRAM (games already can eat more than 8 GB of VRAM in high resolutions) or a feature that you can use in one game, which will be 2 in 2 weeks' time and we have no idea when other games will use it...

warlord likes this.
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    He is one of those dreaming about future and ray tracing technology used for breakfast.

Radeon VII has nothing to be jealous about. It is an enthusiast level gpu alright. The number #3.

fantaskarsef and OnnA like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  19. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    RTX2080 overclocked using overclock scanner as a guide for Vega VII results my hope is that Vega is better than a RTX2080/GTX1080ti and it is cheaper we need competition

Time Spy Msi Trio RTX2080
    Score 11386
    Graphics Score 12 116
    CPU Score 8 490

http://www.3dmark.com/spy/5929807

Fire Strike Msi Trio RTX2080
    Score 23299
    Graphics Score 28 704
    Physics Score 20 570
    Combined Score 10 528

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/18015015

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019