Noctua introduces new thermal compounds and cleaning wipes

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm... 1.5-2% lower temperatures for a 60% price increase? mkay... *scratches head*

RzrTrek and Fox2232 like this.
  3. Hefny

Hefny Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 280 GAMING 3G
    There is no mention of the conductivity specs, even at the product's page!!!

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah the pricing is silly. Sounds like a good product so if pricing comes down I would think of using it.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    NT-H1 is good TIM use it mostly for GPU waterblock as temperatures are more consistent than with Kryonaut

Probably will get NT-H2 as well just to compare both TIM

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

airbud7 likes this.
  6. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Those numbers are entirely non-comparable anyway, because every vendor has their own way to determine that number.

Only reviews will tell you which paste is actually best.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'll stick with Arctic Silver V, thanks. :p

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    But hydronaut is ok for cpus? I just bought it not so long ago still sitting in the closet for new application. Atm at 4-5yr old nt-h1 application. :)

Venix, airbud7 and Fox2232 like this.
  9. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    LOL I haven't used that in over a decade. It works ok albeit it is electrically conductive so you don't want to use too much and get it on your MB. ASV does tend dry out over a couple years of use albeit they say it won't. I currently use nt-h1 it is easy to apply, not electrically conductive, and doesn't seem to dry out near as fast as ASV.

Venix likes this.
  10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I never used Hydronaut,due this I can'tcomment on this TIM, have used only Kryonaut or Conductonaut, NT-H1 and few other TIM

NT-H1 I use as well on my 5960x and used as well on friend 8086k and 8700k and few other builds and still prefer this TIM to use like on CPU or GPU

Its great TIM with good performance and price ratio

I have seen max 1-2°C lower temperatures on CPU with Kryonaut, if its worth it hard to say, on GPU with Kryonaut temperatures never been consistent like with NT-H1 due this I use this TIM

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Venix likes this.

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Brings back sad memories, before I knew what I was doing. I lost a golden Athlon XP 2500 mobile to AS5 back in the day. Swore off conductives ever since, and have had good luck with the NT-H1 thus far.

Venix likes this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I s
    I see.

well I bought that from ekwb shop,
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/thermal-grizzly-hydronaut-1-5ml-3-9g

And I just saw it now it's actually hydro not kryo lol
    will see soon when I change my h90 for something stronger. :)

13. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    If the price was +1-2$ I may have given it a go but at those prices ... vs performance....
    Is it me or more and more firms are getting gready.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I used AS5 for what felt like over a decade. It's terrible, it takes forever to cure, and under extreme heat it seemed to always go to crap for me. I had to constantly replace it. Arctic MX4 is much better, it's less of a hassle to apply, far less maintenance (doesn't magically combust at 90C), isn't conductive, and doesn't require curing. Noctua's NT-H1 is slightly better than MX4 if benchmarks are to believed, otherwise, the experience has been more or less the same as MX4 for me.

I may or may not have forgotten to mention the part that MX4 and NT-H1 horribly outperform AS5 in every scenario I've ever encountered.

I'd buy this NT-H2 if the price wasn't retarded. $13 USD or EUR for 3.5 grams? Have they been hanging out with nVidia?

Venix and airbud7 like this.
  15. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Thank the gods for heat spreaders :p

Never had any issues with it, personally, but then again, I don't do "EXTREME" overclocks.

Venix likes this.

16. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    @BLEH! its just ASV dries out really fast under high heat. If you are into high OC's or doing silent PC builds where the CPU runs really hot then ASV is a pain in the arse. Also frankly there is no reason today to use electrically conductive TIM's. You may like ASV but anyone reading this looking for a TIM should just pick up something else like MX4, NH-T1, or thermal grizzly Kyronaut.

Venix likes this.
  17. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Huh, i am still using as5 ... I use it as far i can remember never really bothered to research since back on 2005 i think was the best or one of , huh after reading this i would be changing it as soon my as5 run out !

18. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'll take that under advisement. Not changed a cooler in years, anyway. Got loads of AS5 left, so see no reason to throw it. Stuff's expensive :p

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    just got a box of those wipes, there are 20 invididually packed wipes inside, 12x15cm, no expration date so they'll last a looooong time. will be using them to remove 2yr old paste when a package with gelid extreme arrives. will update if they're any good for old paste removal.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    maybe there new D15 successor will have it with there $100+ price tag im sure it will have?

im think next build i have will yse Deepcool AK500 CPU same thermals just as quite for half the price