Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the cosplay community will do more to keep mass effect alive, than ea or bioware will do at this point :p.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ughhhh it's so true actually which is kind of sad.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    I didn't play ME:A yet because I had only upgraded my pc recently, but I would like to see more Mass Effect, not necessarily Shepard because it still depends on your own gameplay. The point is character interactions and meaningful decisions. Wasn't super into DA, I just want more space shooters and alien husbandos

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Unfortunately, common consensus about ME:A is weak characters/interactions/decisions but strong combat and beautiful planets.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    Damn, that's a little disappointing... I might give it a try someday, but right now I'm interested in other games. Also I've heard that the animations can be quite bad at times.

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Yes. They patched most strange ones, but...
    Not only animations - can you imagine how they managed to transform beautiful prototype lady into ugly main female character

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    As far as I can remember, they mostly patched the bulging staring eyes, but a lot of the models still look oddly derpy. Honestly, ELEX, a game made by a German 30 member studio on a fifth of Andromeda's budget has less weird character models....

9. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    And you're like 4 feet. Comparison to ME 3:

[​IMG]

Also, it's amazing that ME:A got its ass handed to it by a Bethesda RPG. In ME:A you get a derpface. In Fallout 4 (vanilla, no mods):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The character creator seemed to be specifically designed to disallow people creating good looking characters. This is not a too far fetched assumption, given the extreme amounts of SJW-ness going on at Bioware. Creating attractive characters in a game is offensive to non-attractive people. Being tall is offensive to little people. So they made it impossible. I can't otherwise explain how on earth Bethesda's character creator walks all over the ME:A one.

Reclusive781, Kolt, Solfaur and 2 others like this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I guess the best way to describe it is that the ME:A body is of an "average" shaped body, and ME/1/2/3 games had characters with "Hero" shaped bodies....

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Andromeda characters could not be saved, even after 50 patches. the looks aren't the main problem, improving em
    won't save the stupid script and the stupid voice acting.

im playing a lot of games in general, and Andromeda was by far the worse game i expected too in the last decade.

having a blast in my ME2 run. will continue this weekend, took a renegade Shep this time ( with limits.. ) and
    playing Revenant\Pistol only and im having a blast. im not using any other weapons in the load-out for
    the challenge. what a terrific game... gets me every time.

Solfaur and cerebus23 like this.
  13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If I wanna see an average dude, I'll look in the mirror. I'd like to live out a power fantasy in video games. That's one of the reasons I play them.

14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    while i agree with what you said.. the character size in Andromeda somehow looks out of proportion
    compared to other video games and it makes em look like crap. i think they gave more proportion
    in Anthem, from what iv seen so far.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    lol take beautiful people make em ugly on purpose. i would say it conspiracy theory, but the long goal of "post modern" "theory" is to destroy beauty. beauty is "problemmatic" to the goals of the people running post modern theory.

And while one might think that one has gone over the deep end thinking an artist would purposely set off to make things that disgust people but they are doing this with cartoons as well make characters as fugly and asexual as possible.

And andromedas fuglyness did not stem from the antimations being fubard, the chararacters were already fugly out the gate then animations were destroyed, and there were lighting settings i think also made all the models look worse, so that "subtle" fuglying of the MEA characters became OMG its HIDEOUS and so many memes were born.

most people find beauty something to be appreciated only these lunatics seem to be so petty and fragile that it literally offends them (or so they will claim). but you will be accused of being fragile if you point out how tiny these people are and how fuglying things up to make a psycho "happy" is quite literally insane..

And there is a case that you could make some characters look average some shorter characters some goofy looking ones games have often done this with SIDE characters, but to make all the normals" look bizarre and also the main character of course as usual these people push their crazy way too far.

But eveyone eles is crazy that do not have add about beauty skin color and if i can sleep with everything that is not "cis" and all these are FAR more important than story or dialogue or developed characters. And wonder how andromeda manages to fail on so many levels that were not combat related.

Solfaur likes this.
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Dragonage inquisition was very good. Loved the atmosphere in that game.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I agree! Most of the areas were really well done, atmospheric and interesting. The desert areas on the other hand were super boring.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Hey, I just discovered that you can spin a planet (during the scanning) with the <A> and <D> keys. And I was using only the mouse all these years...