Metro Exodus PC System Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2019.

1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    No Steam, THX bye

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I've just bought it on Steam.

It's till available in Spain time zone until midnight ( 90 minutes more).

3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It certainly won't stop me. I really enjoyed the first 2 games and this news makes no difference to me. In fact it is something that i can see happening more and more. Charging game companies 30% just to host there games on stream is just to much.

4. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    The CPU metrics don't make any sense Ryzen has lower clocks speeds than Intel, so is this game poorly multi threaded and needs the higher boost clocks, ut if that is the case the 8700K and 9900K would be the exact same if you are hitting 60fps but how do Ryzen more cores lower clock speed approach come into this? Would have been easier to list it as ryzen specs at least then you know if you have the equivalent Intel CPU core count you are sorted.

What about the 95% of the market where people are using the GTX 1050/1060 cards? granted the GTX is listed min spec and recommended is GTX1070 but where does the GTX1060/RX580 fit, a very very popular graphics cards. 1080p med settings with 60fps? i think it is a huge mistake to leave out such a popular configuration.

Disappointed in the game being removed from steam, i may not buy it now, and i am not going to buy a game with limited information and having no idea how it will run on my System before seeing benchmarks to get a general idea, along with reviews of the game.

System specs are vage, forced removal from the #1 digital software distributor, for all we know they may have done it like this due to the refund policy. This really doesn't settle well with me. Been burnt by preorders in the past and unless i have sufficient information i WILL NOT pre-order a game.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    tensai28 likes this.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    It's no longer available on Steam, and that means I would most likely give this game a pass. No Steam, no thanks!

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yep, i was lucky to see the news on polygon before it was January 29 here.

7. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    I've been gaming on PC since before windows. I missed the part where the settings were being changed and someone has already pointed that out. Your comment is unnecessary.

Still lacking an explanation why the CPU requirement goes up and everything you mentioned is mostly on the GPU. We'll have to see what the game is doing and what kind of settings it offers.

8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Yeah, but i don't pre order.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I guess you are STILL lucky if you can wait until February 14 2020.o_O

The last piece of this "affair" is the Metro Exodus digital sales "exclusivity" to Epic games store is only temporal.Metro Exodus will be available to buy (again) on Steam store on February 14 2020.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/412020/announcements/detail/1691566844144954098

10. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Seems you cannot read. 680 - six- eighty.

11. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    THX mean "THX Ltd. is an American company headquartered in San Francisco, California, and founded in 1983 by George Lucas. It develops the "THX" high fidelity audio/visual reproduction standards for movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, car audio systems, and video games."? :D
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/THX

Undying likes this.