Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    oh well

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    what's up with the clipping in this game ? adjusting brightness/darkness...etc doesn't help a lot in SDR mode , REC.709 helps a little , just a little , my monitor is running 10bit full dynamic range colors btw

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Mines not working, it starts to load in a window, i get the CAPCOM, RE Engine logos etc..., then it jumps to full screen, and just hangs, can't move mouse pointer nothing, sometimes has on the screen about the autosave, sometimes about checking downloadable content, but i just can't do owt as its hung, so have to kill it via the TM. :(

EDIT:

Got it working, after i restarted my rig :D

Like the demo, its saying i only have 3.93GB available, but i ramped it anyway, and it runs, and looks great.

Whats everyone using for the texture setting ?, as i just upped it to 1GB for now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm using the 4GB texture setting.
    Also, the graphics menu is still bugged. Says I only have .11 GB available. So... oh well.

Either way, the game looks great so far. Runs smooth. Can't wait until I'm off work this weekend to put some serious time into it.
    Also, started the game with Leon. Which character did you guys start with?

Rich_Guy likes this.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
  6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I might give the 4GB a go, ive just tried 2GB, and its still fine, but says im now using just under 8GB :p

I just started with Claire, but not playing properly yet (so when i do, could change), just wanted to see if it worked mainly, and how it ran, looked, as got Dead Space 2 to finish off, which probably won't be long, as on Chapter 12 now, and theres only 15, then i may do Resi 7, but not sure now, might just jump straight into this one. :D

Btw, that Setting thats On (+Chromatic), On, or Off, what did you guys set ?, as i just went to On, but not sure if On (+Chromatic) would be the best, and im using HBAO+ too.

7. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    This game is in serious need of ray traced reflections. Looking at the SSR effects on the police station floor there are many artifacts visible.
    Also I've noticed quite a few texture resolution inconsistencies... some are very detailed while others are an eyesore (typically background assets and notes hanging around).

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The reflections in the RE Engine have been a little off since RE7.
    In RE7 dropping reflections from On to Variable improved how the game looked, while keeping certain things reflective. Not sure about the various settings in RE2.

It's funny how many people think RE Engine stands for "Resident Evil"... when it's a shortened version of the engine's actual name. 'Reach for the Moon Engine'.

10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    SSR are pretty bad in here, that's true. There are noticeable artifacts, especially around the main character (where SSR disappear completely creating some kind of square around her/him with no reflections at all). Other engines used better techniques I must say... At least there are hi res cubemaps which mitigate this issue a bit.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah Division from 2013 and onward including titles like Battlefield or rather the Frostbite engine and it's use of temporal for the reflections, has some drawbacks of it's own but the artifacts and way reflections look in RE7 and REmake2 is a bit prone to glitches and visual artifacts. RT will probably resolve it, maybe even use like in Battlefield V and utilize both RT and SSR together but the SSR should have been possible to improve even further for the PC version even if it will always have the main drawback of being screen-space. :)

EDIT: Current GPU hardware shouldn't have too many issues with the effect either for performance, shaders like the volumetric lighting from the digital foundry test look to be far more of a drain but perhaps it can be improved though I guess it'll be ray-tracing or nothing for fixing them up fully.
    (Will be interesting to see how they implement it though I do believe there's a demo video already.)
    (And when it will be implemented though I guess Shadow of the Tomb Raider and it's shadows are a bit of a oddity for how long it's taking them to get it implemented.)

sertopico likes this.
  12. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    while the SSR are bad, the aliasing options are even worse, TAA makes it too blurry, while others make it too aliased

13. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yeah, try using the upscaling option, you should improve the situation without making the game look too blurry.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    TAA + Reshade(Adaptivesharpen) = The best solution.

15. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    On 2nd run mode with Claire (finished it with Leon earlier). I can see that there's kind of a zapping system in play here. Pretty damn awesome. Game is still running like ass for me for a couple of seconds when I go through certain doors. Still, loving this game!

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    So it's a short game I take it.

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I'm sure I recall seeing that Route A is 8-10 hours, while Route B is about 6 hours (since you know a lot of where things are placed or where to go).

As for the two extra mission things, dunno.

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Short? I'm 5 hrs into the game and I just reached the sewers... It always depends on how someone plays. Personally I like to explore everything without rushing.

By the way, how the hell do I kill the first tyrant? I totally forgot. Hardcore difficulty is particularly unforgiving.

19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  20. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Stutterdent evil 2