AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.1.2 Drivers - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Download AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 19.1.2 driver. This release contains new fixes that help improve stability for end users as well as performance updates for Resident Evil 2, Tropico 6, and Anthem Early Access.

Support For
    • Resident Evil® 2
    • Tropico 6
    • Anthem Early Access
      • Up to 7% faster performance in Anthem using Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.1.2 on the Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 19.1.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p).RS-284
    Fixed Issues
    • Some displays may experience a black screen on reboot until the display is power cycled.
    • A toast message may intermittently popup incorrectly suggesting that a new driver upgrade is available.
    • Rocket League™ may experience flickering or erratic refresh rates when Radeon FreeSync is enabled.
    • Custom installations of Radeon Software may sometimes fail to install Radeon Settings.
    • Radeon Settings may experience an application crash when Upgrade Advisor is refreshed by the user multiple times.
    • Users may not be able to upgrade to an optional driver if the latest recommended driver was installed by AMD Link.
    Known Issues
    • Battlefield™ V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.
    • Mouse lag or system slowdown is observed for extended periods of time with two or more displays connected and one display switched off.
    • Game Advisor may fail to load compatibility information for games when the gaming library is very large.
    • Uninstalling Radeon Software may fail to remove Radeon Settings.
    • Pixel Format settings may not retain after system restart.
    • Scene Editor may have issues with scrolling when many elements are added to a scene.
    • Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Radeon ReLive may intermittently experience captured recordings or Instant Replays with inverted colors.
    • HDMI Underscan settings may not retain after system restart.
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-1-2-download.html

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice. Still only seeing 19.1.1 on AMD's website but I guess it will be updated soon enough. :)

EDIT: And downloaded, now to see what's in this I suppose.

EDIT: Not too much in the profile file.

Space Junkies VR. <- PXDynamic profile added. (High performance GPU affinity.)
    The Division 2. <- PXDynamic profile added. (High performance GPU affinity.)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Jackalito and Rambo like this.
  3. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Can I finally watch Netflix in 4K/HDR on my Vega with these?

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    pls delete

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Driver is irrelevant. Check your settings. Everyone is capable of watching 4K HDR for months now. Check the prerequisites. Perhaps something is missing, like some codec from microsoft store?

6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Radeon Settings Version - 2019.0122.1937.35305
    View Release Notes - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-1-2
    Driver Packaging Version - 18.50.15.01-190122a-338455E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
    Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01377
    OpenGL® Version - 25.20.15000.13547
    OpenCL™ Version - 25.20.15015.1002
    AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0295
    AMD Mantle API Version - 102400
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.7
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.68
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.96

7. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    There's nothing missing. It works fine on a GTX1080, but it doesn't when replaced with a Vega 64 in the same system.

I can watch 4K/HDR on YouTube through Chrome just fine on the Vega.

Netflix 4K/HDR on PC requires some DRM called "Microsoft PlayReady 3.0" to work, which requires either a modern Intel or AMD CPU (which I don't have), or a modern GPU.
    Nearly a year ago AMD released drivers which enabled PlayReady support for Polaris, with Vega support promised "later this year". We're now in 2019 and apparently it still isn't happening.

Guess I have to be patient until the 7th of February, right?

https://community.amd.com/thread/235153#comment-2892173

8. RX480

RX480 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB
    it is advisable to update to 19.2 knowing that 19.1 is WHQL and this new version is beta

9. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Mouse lag or system slowdown is observed for extended periods of time with two or more displays connected and one display switched off.

How is this back again? My guess is either this is not fully fixed and made it back to the list as even with the "fix" in the previous driver it still happened but was not nearly as bad as it use to be.

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    If anyone is wondering....

-
    From Matt:

Zero RPM should work at default out of the box settings.

As soon as you adjust things in WattMan, for instance the fan/point PWM curve, Zero RPM will be disabled.
    -

11. grimmute

grimmute Member

GPU:
    RADEON 6900XT
    I had a black screen and system freeze during upgrade from v19.1.1 to v19.1.2. I had to force shut down the PC. It booted up normal and I saw that the new version was not installed. So after DDU, everything installed fine, hopefully.

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    asus listed new chipset drivers for my board.

it has a uwp installer for radeon settings lite...........

seems AMD maybe switching to uwp apps.

after installed it even shows up in the microsoft app store.

it really is lite version as it missing alot of stuff.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Just pay the 0.99$ for HEVC video extensions to Microsoft Store, not the free trash one from Device Manufacturers. And then use Netflix App from store. It will play smoothly. That's all.

14. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I hope you're right, it can't hurt to try ofcourse. I'll let you know if the missing Codec is the issue, thanks!

warlord likes this.
  15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I've just searched all the troubleshooting guides from both netflix page and microsoft. They are suggesting, buying this HEVC video extension since they removed it from latest windows 10 version, personally, I don't know why, and use the latest drivers. If it doesn't work, you should contact AMD directly. Supposedly, if your desktop is 4K/HDR with latest drivers, netflix store app version and that particular codec, it works, unless, they are stealing that 1 euro/dollar from us all. Try and tell me the results. It is all about AMD from there, OS and software is complete with these latest versions.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

I only installed the display driver (no bloatware), but to my surprise, I was greeted with the above message when I fired up my PC today.

17. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    WTF?? they really think that this situation is acceptable??

18. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It is acceptable. Do not touch it and leave it default. AMD has no responsibility for your tweaks.

Maddness and Fox2232 like this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont see any problem with that...

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    already explained but RX580 pulse has an *idiot* default fan curve so it hits very quickly 75+ degrees and then pulls the fan over 2200+rpm to cool it down, so it makes it very very loud and hot

just setting in the old panel 1000 rpm minimum and 1800 rpm maximum solves the problem, and it works together with zero rpm as i have it now

if i install this new drivers i have to choose between the default curve (hot and loud) with zero rpm working OR a custom fan curve with zero rpm not working, so having fans always spinning

it will be a simple fix allow to set 0rpm or 0% pwm as lower fan curve state!