Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    This is exactly how i find the games i want to play tomorrow. If i can watch an hour and am still interested i give it a chance. With Anthem that was 5mins and i was done.

2. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    DLSS support confirmed for Anthem

3. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I agree with everything you said because I also come from the OG days of Bioware, and they have certainly dropped down in quality significantly. It's not just EA, but all the major video game industries (excluding Blizzard [Except for Diablo Mobile, I am not forgiving them for that]) screwing their fans over. Best thing we as customers can do is to vote with our wallets. I didn't bother with Adromeda for all the reasons you stated above. Inquisition? Got it when it was on massive sale because I felt the same way about its story like you and many others did. Same goes for Anthem, I will vote with my wallet, so they better hope they got everything right at launch lol

I have usually been mildly pleased with the dev streams, but that IGN video was eh.... maybe because of bad presentation? I don't know. We will find out after launch when actual users start commenting on the game.

I didn't get The Division at launch because of all the negativity it got, but did get it later on when I heard they changed up the whole thing for better. I had a blast too! I am looking forward to the sequel :)

emperorsfist likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Windows 10 is stated as a minimum requirement for Anthem but it then states DirectX 11 is the minimum requirement....... That's confusing.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    In a fully updated windows 7 system, it will run the same as windows 10 machine unless it's using dx12.

6. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I got D2 when it was free. Bought Forsaken+Annual Pass, leveling up my third character right now. D2 is really good after the Forsaken update. After completing my second character, I can see why D2 and it first two expansion got such a bad review. But as soon as I start Forsaken, the game really open up. Now with WF, I don't know, Fortuna 2.0 is really meh. Especially, have to go fishing, mining, and skateboarding, ehh.. no thanks. I want fast action, not some boring mining, fishing and wonky skateboarding game. They really derailed.

D2 and WF is different game. Imho, Anthem is more like WF. Based on the video, they just keep talking about the same spamming abilities. This really worry me how little the game have to offer. In addition, the world while pretty, doesn't look like it offered much. Quite cluster and repetitive. I want Anthem to success, but at the release date close, nothing seem to progress since day 1 trailer.

7. Destiny 2 is filled with broken RPG mechanics, totally unsatisfying item drops, upgrading weapons or armor has no real impact on anything including legendary and exotic items... Everything except the core FPS mechanics is done wrong. I've finished it because of story, then I've played it with brother, who deleted the game after 1 day...

IMHO D2 is the worst game that came from Activision-Blizzard to date. I don't believe Anthem could be any worse, it's almost impossible.

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    You'll find out that no low is impossible for the "AAA" gaming industry.

cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys anyone has access to the demo ? can anyone please invite me to play? i downloaded the demo but can t access to play

10. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    does not go live until 25th

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the demo can be launched but the servers are still down

12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

careful demo is not a demo of the actual game :p

Deleted member 213629 and Kolt like this.
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    D2 has come a long way since it launched. It got derailed for a bit but then all improved once Forsaken dropped. Upgrading/modding weapons and armor now have noticeable results along with random rolled perks. So if Anthem flounders at the start, no big deal. There is still hope it will improve over time. Everything has to start somewhere...nothing is perfect or will please everyone. It still looks promising.

shoja likes this.
  14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You are a procreating genius! You are the future!

Kolt likes this.
  15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    naturally. He is an Inspector!!!! lol

*(the obvious inspector that is*)

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not especially excited about this game at all. Tried the alpha and thought the game looked stunning visually and the Iron Man-style flying was a lot of fun but the third-person combat was only so-so and the level design was entirely linear. It really wasn't anything special in my view.

Granted, that demo likely doesn't reflect the final game experience but this being an EA game I can't help but think it'll be a big letdown because, let's face it, that's all EA seem to be good at doing these days. They seem more interested in online games over single player and I personally find these to be a bit boring as they tend to be light on narrative, characterisation and plot, the very things that I like about single player games (this was my big complaint with Destiny coming from the developers of Halo).

Hope I'm wrong but I can't shake off the feeling that Anthem is going to be 2019's biggest disappointment in the same way that Mass Effect: Andromeda was in 2017.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I can't understand how anyone can said something like that??

If this was some new team, i could except failure at start and that they need more time. But EA is over 35 years in the gaming industry. For even smaller mistakes they should be criticized and ignored.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I think this is honestly a big deal.. how can they call it a demo but it's not going to represent the actual gameplay/economy?

I was very hesitant about Anthem before this.. now it's even worse. I can't trust the demo or ANY reviews/information until the game is completely out. Sorry Bioware. You guys are going to have a problem selling this one to ppl like me.

19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    That video is so wrong it hurts.

20. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I haven't been keeping up with Anthem too much.. what's wrong in the video? I'm legitimately curious.