Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i guess the mobile platform average age is a much younger.

im also in my early 30's and gaming is a big part of my life. i enjoy playing single players mostly,
    and with my close friends PUBG and Hots. Fallout 76 is something we decided not to try.

but honestly i was surprised reading that 34 is the average age. i thought its around 22-23 :)
    good to know my generation didn't give up on gaming.

my wife is also very supportive and has an open mind about these stuff. i know
    several guys from work that gave up on hobbies after marriage\kids, gaming is among them.

im gonna play some Heroes III. at work. cya :)

2. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    It's actually been this way for a long time -- you can find earlier versions of that and similar reports going back a long way, in 2010 I think it was 32 for e.g. The average was a little lower ten years ago because people like you and I were younger then :)

The gaming generation of today started in the 80s and 90s -- we're the guys making and playing the games today. And it won't go down over time, because while more and more younger people get involved, over time they age, and they push the age bracket up.

It's a bit of a sad misnomer when people classify gaming as a 'kids' hobby. The opposite is true. In fact, the ESA report shows 22% of gamers are 50+!

And of course it is -- that's where the purchasing power lies. Not to mention most games have mature themes. It's an adult entertainment medium.

For me, they're a form of art. The best kind of art :)

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gaming is pretty damned mainstream now. From my experience, most gamers I know irl are fifa every year types or flavor of the month mobile game. For some reason, PUBG mobile is very popular. I was under the impression the game is dead.

Anyway, I read in the game's subreddit that there's a duping exploit that causes the server to disconnect everyone if it is done by 3 players simultaneously ... quite an entertaining game :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well i assumed getting older and spending less time on things like gaming will be reflected
    in this kind of statistic. guess i was wrong.

i don't know about the average age in the future but i see my nephews for example, and kids in general
    hooked to their smartphones, and not even looking on a PC platform.

5. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Read somewhere that pcs’ peaked around 2011. We have become a “niche” group now I reckon.

6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I wouldn't say that. Some of the youngsters I know are into things like LoL, even building their own PCs for it. Smartphones may appeal to little kids a lot more due to the simplicity factor but I expect most will grow out of it, although whether they become PC gamers is another question entirely (I suspect many will become console gamers).

You can also play both PC and smartphone games at the same time (and console as well). I've played a ton of Fallout 4 on PC but I've also gotten into Fallout Shelter recently on my phone.

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Dunno if i would call it a boat, but more like a box in a lake but good on them taking a garbage release and get some joy out of it.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Now breaking fallout 76 copies vanish off store shelves.....free to play in 3....

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    At least with singleplayer games the userbase can fix the games.

Try to at least....

cerebus23 likes this.

11. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Anything good about this game other then being a monumental failure?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Making it f2p will only attract trolls and people who want to gawk at its failure. They have to commit to fixing the game and doing something about what they're passing off as content and that ridiculous microtransaction shop.

The laughs!

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    IIRC, didn't they say they're going to release a private server system at some point? That way people can just play on their own servers with friends and other people they know.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah that's what Todd said in Quakecon. Their servers have still have issues to work out, I don't think we'll see that feature anytime soon or ever. He also said those servers would support mods but with microtransactions and the creation club existing, I have no reason to believe them on that front either.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

Official info.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    If it wasn't for the damn music, I might actually be able to clearly hear what that guy is saying :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    TLDR or TMM (too much music)

But yea not going free to play just yet they just shipped back units that were not selling, special editions are still in stores supposedly (like they really want to anger more people) but the SE also contain no disks or codes for the game either so you want a helmet and bag there u go. Even the regular editions did not have a physical game just a code to dl the game.

18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    This $hitshow just won't end, huh? But yeah, private servers would be nice to get rid of the pointless pvp and all the other idiots. Not that this game will ever be good singleplayer, because then you're left with the completely empty open world.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well no doubt the hope behind private servers is full modding, that modders will make the game playable add in npcs, quests etc. That is if modders can be arsed to work on the game, who knows. Many of them are pretty salty at bethesda atm. But given a few years maybe 76 could have a full story.

But this is bethesda private servers? Hell co op for skyrim (a mod) co op for fo4 i think i heard people working on it. If bethesda wanted to do anything that fans would have a been hyped for a 4 5 player coop mode for those games would have been something they for sure could have sold players that have friends :p. Would have taken them a few weeks months? And there were already story and npcs in those games so they did not have to do anything there.

Modders better at reading the fans than bethesda.

emperorsfist likes this.
  20. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    So that guy in here who was defending them nonstop, still playing it?