I've been caught...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Sep 15, 2018.

1. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    This is (almost) half-convincing:

------------------------------------------

Hello!

As you may have noticed, I sent you an email from your account.
    This means that I have full access to your account: On moment of hack your account has password: asdzxc11

You say: this is the old password!
    Or: I will change my password at any time!

Yes! You're right!
    But the fact is that when you change the password, my trojan always saves a new one!

I've been watching you for a few months now. The fact is that you were infected with malware through an adult site that you visited.
    If you are not familiar with this, I will explain. Trojan Virus gives me full access and control over a computer or other device.

This means that I can see everything on your screen, turn on the camera and microphone, but you do not know about it. I also have access to all your contacts and all your correspondence.

Why your antivirus did not detect malware?
    Answer: My malware uses the driver, I update its signatures every 4 hours so that your antivirus is silent.

I made a video showing how you satisfy yourself in the left half of the screen, and in the right half you see the video that you watched.

With one click of the mouse, I can send this video to all your emails and contacts on social networks. I can also post access to all your e-mail correspondence and messengers that you use.

If you want to prevent this, transfer the amount of $507 to my bitcoin address (if you do not know how to do this, write to Google: “Buy Bitcoin”).
    My bitcoin address (BTC Wallet) is: 1EGap2ZeR8pf9hfJ2KrSAQ1eYCPBcxJrqo

After receiving the payment, I will delete the video and you will never hear me again. I give you 48 hours to pay.

I have a notice reading this letter, and the timer will work when you see this letter. Filing a complaint somewhere does not make sense because this email cannot be tracked like my bitcoin address.

I do not make any mistakes. If I find that you have shared this message with someone else, the video will be immediately distributed.

Best wishes!

-------------------------------------

Sender was "Account Security" and indeed my e-mail address was shown so if you're not aware addresses can be spoofed you could fall for this.
    Although the moment of hack password isn't correct so... plus my saved password for Outlook still worked so... :)

still, gotta be careful with them adult sites for sure. I don't want to get filmed satisfying myself with my non-existent webcam.

fantaskarsef, norton and airbud7 like this.
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea I got one the other day pretty much identical with a password I do use, I still ignore them, they're grabbing those email/password combos from site hack databases, they're mass sending emails with those combos to those email addresses hoping for a hit

They have no idea who they are sending emails to, they are not directly targeting you, so if you ignore them nothing will happen, if you reply, you just turned on a big green light above your email address

AsiJu and airbud7 like this.
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That person has actually managed to scam two people so far

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1EGap2ZeR8pf9hfJ2KrSAQ1eYCPBcxJrqo

They seem to have forgotten about their latest scam though

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    airbud7 and AsiJu like this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lols, just remember not to wank in front of your PC!

I'll admit that scam is semi-plausible and I too, for a split second, thought something was actually wrong.

Had that mail dropped to my gmail box I might have tried to take the scammer for a ride...
    main ISP account though so won't risk replying.

Paste an FBI logo to the reply too and write SWATs are about to ram your ass in 3, 2, 1...

airbud7 and Extraordinary like this.
  7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I wasn't concerned about the content of the email or the claims, but I was a little thrown when my actual password was shown, took a little while to work out how they'd done it

Only a small yellow duck on top of my monitor, no camera :D (Unless the duck is a spy..... )

8. throw in a good ole mader chod or two - sometimes gets em breaking their bearing .. heh-heh ... worked on the phone last time "Microsoft" called me ...

But sir "I must inform you your Windows has been hacked, it's been vulnerabilities are open sir" <??

:I uh huh "mader chod, mhmm mader chod... nnn mader chod.. uhhhh mader chod"

"F*** you sir! **** you - you mo******* piece **** "

yeah.. not Microsoft.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    ... I'm blown away that there isn't an option commonly available yet to just block all communication from India. They don't use VPNs.

10. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Someone apparently hacked a database where non-member passwords were apparently set a "nonmember." So I get a ton of these email all telling me how my password is "nonmember."
    I'm quaking in my boots!

AsiJu likes this.
  11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Or the episode where the PM has 24 hours to perform sex with a pig.

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I just received one of the most hilarious spam mails in a while:

[​IMG]

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I got this same e-mail a few months ago. I got a good laugh out of it.

In my case, my web browser was sandboxed and never had access to a webcam anyway. Also, the password listed was wrong. I ignored the initial e-mail and then received another, identical e-mail a couple days later. I ignored that one as well. Nobody in my family would be surprised by such a video anyway....they all know me too well...lol

I've gotten that call several times.

Last time they called, they claimed my "Windows PC" had been hacked and they needed remote access to fix it. I asked them what version of Windows I was running and they responded with "The version of Windows on your Windows PC". Just to have fun, I asked how exactly my "Windows PC" got hacked when all I own are MacOS and Linux PC's.... They proceeded to claim that MacOS and Linux are Windows based. They hung up on me when I told them that all I had to do to stop any "hack" was to hit the reset button because I was running an Ubuntu LiveDVD and I was on dialup....lol

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    airbud7 and AsiJu like this.
  14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Oh hey I just got the same email as Asiju and sykozis as well! It's actually formatted more like Noisiv on the first page here.

They said they activated my non existent webcam! And recorded me! And they'll email this blank recording to all 13 (who knew I was so popular!) contacts.

think i'll keep the £900 they want lol, maybe try a more convincing scam since I can easily export the logs of my RDP and see i've had precisely 0 inbound connections

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    AsiJu likes this.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm still waiting what happens as I didn't pay up in 48 hrs...

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This is the webcam they caught me on :D

[​IMG]

airbud7 and scatman839 like this.
  17. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I had one that was more convincing than this. They even posted what my email password is for Gmail as proof of legitimacy but they only wanted $845 sent via bitcoin or something.

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    yeah this one posted my password but it's from years ago, just saying "i know xxxxx is a password you use", obviously they would have tried stealing the account some point and got nowhere cause its not the password anymore lol

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You must use the same password on another site that was hacked, good idea to use unique passwords everywhere for this reason