The RTX 2080Ti Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Netherwind, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Enjoying mine. I don’t overclock tho... doesn’t it come already oc’d?

2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Founders edition? Nope not at all. After market cards do. They usually come with better cooling and a overclock out of the box. Like my MSI gaming x trio for example. You can always overclock manually.

3. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Yeah founders

4. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Too much heat, not worth it.. Only thing i've overclocked is my cpu. In all reality, the 2080 ti is a glorious 1440p card, it can barely get away with 4k without excess heat and under 60 unless dlss is more optimized, and the i9 9900k HAVE to be overclocked to get the most out of this processor.

i9 9900k 5.0ghz 100% stable 1.264v 4.5 uncore fixed voltage level 1. This cpu under 5ghz is a complete mess. Only prime for 5-10 mins with 1344 settings, cinebench and so on. completely stable. I know all the voltage for each frequency from checking its load vids. no whea errors, perfect. And for anybody reading this, dont copy my voltage, you'll bench your cpu to figure out the vid for 5 ghz. going over it can damage your cpu in the long run causing it to need higher voltage to run the same frequency.

2080 ti is untouched, dont raise fan speed, dont adust core clock or ram, if it gets hot i drop resolution to make sure its under 80 and gotta be 60fps flat. This is the first card i've never overclocked and i have programs from the great club4ghz to test the overclocking stability but choose not too.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019

5. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    yep.. its more suited as a 1440p card than a 4k.. unless dlss rolls around. You'll be stuck using xbox one x resolutions to get good framerates and keeping it cool with untouched fan speeds...

3840x2160 60fps good temps with recent titles is almost impossible. You'll be lowering the settings to near console quality to get 60 fps at native 4k.

No card can do a full 4k at 60fps with the new games coming out.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's your opinion and more importantly, your experience.

My temps are fine at 4K, never exceeding 75C and that's without a custom fan curve.

It handles pretty much everything at 4K, the only games where I have had to turn anything down were Assassin's Creed Odyssey (had to lower the AA to maintain 60FPS) and I believe I also had to lower the AA in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Exodus is the only game I am even a little worried about in the sense that I think it may require 1440P @ Full detail to hit 60 FPS (RTX off obviously :p ).

Maddness and tensai28 like this.
  7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Many games get CPU bottlenecked on an RTX 2080Ti @ 1440p when doing high framerates even with a powerful CPU so not sure what you mean by 1440p card. The card is by all means a 4K card. Yes, it's excellent as a 1440p 165Hz card, but that's by no measure its target.

Outlandish claim given the Xbox One X is running a GPU four times slower than an RTX 2080Ti.

Check your case airflow. You also have the FE. People who use aftermarket cards with better cooling solutions do not necessarily get the same temperatures at the same fan speed / noise.

Again, outlandish claim given the disparity in performance between the Xbox One X GPU and this.

Care to show us benchmarks of these games not doing 4K 60FPS on your RTX 2080Ti?

Maddness, Ridiric and BangTail like this.
  8. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    you play shadow of the tomb raider at 4k full settings and the only settings you lowered is AA to maintain 60 fps?

nah.. Strange i've spent alot of time with that game, the first game i played. you can 1440p fully maxed game with smaax2 60 fps smaat2x.. 4k nope. you'll need to drop it to normal, screen space off and it still can't hit 60 fps everywhere when you reach hidden city. 2080 ti is lovely card, dont regret it... but it needs dlss.

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    my case is a phanteks enthoo pro.. the card runs cool but at 4k with certain games with default fan speed it goes up to 80 degrees.. my card is also the new type samsung memory so its pretty cool idle and silent. at 1440p its mostly at 60 degrees tho

lol, i've built many rigs over the years my dude, trust me i dont make rookie mistakes. Sure i'll upload benchmarks, what games you wanna see?

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Please speak for yourself and not for me or others when you make claims.

I'm not saying that it never dipped below 60 but it was totally playable and maintained 60 for the most part.

I've never been close to 80C, 75C is about as high as I get and that is during repeated benchmark runs.

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    oka
    hahaha.. i'll upload benchmarks and pics of my system. what games yall wanna see? Everything will be default tho .. no fan curve modifications

and to me, its more of a 1440p card.. but the dlss makes it a nice 4k card tho.. ALSO PLEASE NOTE! im not hating on my own card. i love it and to me its well worth it, but im just stating facts. It CAN DO 4k but dont expect it to get full 60fps smooth experience in all titles, especially the current ones. but it can handle 1440p beautifully

12. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't need to see anything, I believe that what you described are your experiences.

13. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    ok sure buddy

14. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Please stop spreading false information. There's plenty of benchmarks online with the 2080ti doing perfectly fine at 4k. This isn't isn't even open to debate and pretty sure you're just trolling the forum.

BangTail likes this.

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @snight01 What are your ambient temps where you are at? People forget that we all don't live in the same temperate zone, and also some people keep their house warmer than others.

BangTail likes this.
  17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    It also depends what airflow most folk have and if they did overclock the cpu or not, i always keep everything @ stock to keep these nice temperatures.
    These are my temps atm while in iddle :)

And also i like a silent pc as u can see my pump rpm is also very low, its practical silent.
    Case is the Core V71 its still a beast to this day lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    BangTail and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Ambient temps are 35, fans run at 41 fan speed on idle. It’s really quiet and cool. Nvidia is using really awesome thermal paste

19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Why tf would I be trolling? I’m known around here for stating facts.

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ambient temps are 25C and fans are at 0 (at idle)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.