Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Watched a lot of JackFrags vids lately and now that he went back into BF3 and 4 i realized those games were a lot more fun than BF1 or V. Makes you wonder whether DICE will ever be able to go back to those great days.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's what will ultimately make me quit this game, a lack of fun:

• BF3/4 mayhem, action, pacing
    • BFV I just had the most boring Twisted Steel match... ever. No enemies for minutes... BAM zerg rush overruns you... back to no enemies... back to zerg.
    The majority of maps are just bad in this game. They lack hard cover to do cover to cover moves from and to to advance in fights. A lot of fights are just multiple squads taking potshots at eachother until someone gets a lucky flank.

I just had 10 kills under 1:30 minutes on Rotterdam trying to cross a bridge. I couldn't cross because there was no cover to use, I had to just pick off camper after camper. I got kills, I won the fights, but it was stale, there was no "progression" in the actual fight.

DocStrangelove likes this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think that rotterdam is one of the least bad offenders in regards to cover - if the opponents are covering the bridge, then you just have to use the canals - just dive in and swim to a place where you can get ashore under cover - it is very easy to flank like that on rotterdam :)

But on a whole i very much agree with you.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's one of the least yes, but it has some clear issues on specific locations.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    After playing a lot the entire month back when i got the game on release with origin premiere, haven't bought the game yet.

I'll do it eventually, but i've other games in which i've more fun right now to play. And a endless backlog of games to wrap up;

6. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Seems to me there are two ways to tell when ray tracing is on or off in BFV. In the single player maps. I haven't really played much online. Not that any of this is new or possibly hasn't been mentioned somewhere in the thread. That's assuming any of this is correct for others, it's just imo.

1: Brightness, with ray tracing off it seems brighter most of the time.
    2: Many reflections with ray tracing off seem flatter even though the overall image is usually brighter. Meaning with ray tracing on the reflections look richer which gives better contrast for the overall image. Or something similar to that. It can be hard to precisely describe what good graphics look like in a game in general.

I guess you could say a downside of ray tracing is the image isn't as bright most of the time (in this game.) And I do tend to like bright images in games. But in this case I'm willing to sacrifice some brightness to get the nice effects of ray tracing reflections.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    currently the technology is not worth spending 600 usd to just get higher resolution play and better reflections... sorry but companies don t care , they just slap you a 600 dollar card for just better reflections...

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    You think so ? I kinda felt they were a bit distracting in the sense that it was hard to gauge when someone was near enough me for me to make a move on them. I only played 3 or 4 quick games though so its probably just a case of getting used to them.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They were good enough to hear before, now it seems deaf people can hear them too ;), Its def. too much.

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    big ROBOT bill likes this.

11. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Age gave me free AA I just take my glasses of absolutely no performance hit

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    hahahahaahha

Barry J likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hahaha I love that way of thinking

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Cheating really is an issue in this game, with no effective anti cheating system, and EA doing frack all about the cheaters who get reported... this guy was reported 3 weeks ago, yet he is still roaming...

[​IMG]

Undying and Repo Man like this.
  15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yea I ran into that same prat last weekend twice, saw footage of the hack hes using on youtube, it basically shows where the enemies are and your crosshair just sort of snaps to them at 100% accuracy regardless of distance, never seen anything quite like it and was surprised DICE has left the engine open for such a hack. Then again I know virtually nothing about hacks so I guess where there's will, there's a way.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh he got alot more in his tool box than that - wall hack, indefinite damage modifier (meaning any weapon 1 shot kills), teleport to whatever target on the map, etc etc, on top of the aimbot and spotting hacks you already mentioned. These hacks have been in every single frostbite engine game, and i doubt it's going to change any time soon, as in ever.

Issue is that the game has the equivalent cheating protection to someone fighting STD's by pulling out just before cumming, and otherwise doing nothing. The game has fairfight, which is absolutely useless, and EA / Dice apparently only bans people for coming with racist comments, and are /care about cheaters.

Fyi i just got banned on the official battlefield forum for posting that pic, asking why that guy is still roaming 3 weeks after having been reported it.

Repo Man and Solfaur like this.
  17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Jesus... I recall back in BF2 when players used to get banned from servers by simply joining them, because they were joining with modified game files ie. hacks. I know a ton of folk have reported this wanker but why EA/DICE isn't doing anything is just weird, maybe they're planning on doing a ban wave like ActiBlizzard tends to do things which means players have to suffer longer but there will be potentially more hackers banned in 1 sweep.

I play both, CoD BO4 and BFV and its strange that CoD is generally considered a hackers paradise, yet I haven't seen a single blatant hacker in BO4 in my time of playing it, I've reported exactly 1 guy and tbh, he was probably just really procreating good at the game so if Activision can make their game somewhat hack proof, why can't DICE ? Again, I'm no game dev but I find it absurd how things seem to be moving totally backwards with some modern online shooters.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I doubt they are going to do a ban wave, they haven't done crap about it previously either... in previous battlefield games it was primarily fixed by the individual server admins on the various clan servers. But seeing as you can't rent servers in bf5, then there aren't any server admins to ban people on that specific server... so we are left at the mercy of EA / Dice -_-

I don't know what the fack is up with EA / Dice and their retarded moderators... they aren't doing ANYTHING to solve the cheater problem, but talking about cheaters on their forum = ban.

Well ok then, that's one approach to quiet down the uproar about cheaters... but not exactly the best approach if you hope to retain your customers, or even have them buying your next game...

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I m sure u ve never played with a hacker that is invisible and moves like Flash the superhero, u can see only his gun holding in the air, and he drives tanks ,u basically can t kill him, thats the most outrageous hacker i ve ever seen although this was in bf4 zavod

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I actually have.

The most annoying hacker i've encountered teleported around the map, knifing everyone in the back - he was using god mode at the same time, so he couldn't be killed. This was in bf3.

But that aside, i haven't seen any battlefield game with as many questionable players as battlefield 5.