GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Maybe is a problem of the game?? I think that is not possible that with all driver the game crashes..
    Quake Championship is not a great optimized game

-Tj- likes this.
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Got the tomb raider dx12 error like everyone else before with these drivers. Kind of funny because they were actually meant to fix that. Other drivers don't give me this problem. Went back to the previous whql and things are back to normal.

3. Mahershala

Mahershala Member

GPU:
    1070gtx
    so can the drivers be modified for gsync to work on hdmi monitors? have a samsung freesync but only has hdmi, 75hz

4. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    I'm still having this awkward issues with Windows 10 1809, GTX 1080 Ti and sleep (with fast start-up disabled as that is required in order for wake-on-lan to work). Upon waking the computer videoplayback on YouTube etc won't work. It's not a network issue, everything else is working just fine but videoplayback does not.

This has been an issue with all 417.xx drivers. Rolling back to 416.94 and it's working as intended again. This is only an issue with the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, my other system with a RTX 2080 Ti does not have these issues.

It's clearly related to the graphic drivers as rolling back fixes the issue.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @AsiJu

I never tried that, before they released December patch it use to go ~8-10GB system ram and with lower 1GB page file.

I had pagefile enabled just so some programs wouldn't whine about it..

I already installed 416.94, before I used 417.35 and played a lot of matches and never experienced such crash..

I know it's a cluster fck. But still, funny how it pinpointed to nvidia when I googled this specific dwm.exe crash.. or it's a connection with NV driver.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What browser, monitor model and which connection are you using?

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

The freesync hdmi tech is proprietary and nvidia is highly unlikely to throw money at AMD to implement it.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Not if it's part of VESA spec.

9. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    VESA has zero to do with HDMI.

Astyanax likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

11. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    those drivers broke bf5 for me - never seen anything like this
    from 100ish fps on max settings i suddenly got drops bellow 60fps, weird stutters, map sometimes shows 20fps
    went back to .35 everything is ok again....

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Thx for the correction, and my point is still valid, if it's part of whatever HDMI implementation you are using, then they can use it. If VRR was only spec'd for HDMI 2.1, then NV can use VRR over HDMI if their card has a 2.1 licensed port.

Or do what AMD did and come up with their own workaround.

13. gadmin

gadmin Active Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti Gaming OC
    This one doesn't apply monitor power saving, so its always on. (DVI)

Edit: it's my new stupid gamepad, not the driver.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  14. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Thanks, but this has nothing to do with nvidia dropping the freesync support for anything below 10xx series for unknown reason...
    Yet again, I remain extremely pleased from their support for older hardware.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Which is what I expect they'll do when there will be HDMI 2.1 ports on their cards.

This workaround is built into Freesync monitors h/w and there's no way NV can retroactively build in some other workaround into them. It's possible that they'll be able to use the same spec AMD is using on HDMI though if it's just a copy of VESA's DP1.2a AS spec. We'll see.

16. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3

No sorry.

17. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Strange it plays way smother with these drivers. A lot more stable fps as well.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  18. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Ok, so I have a Samsung 27" 2560x1440 C27HG70QQN and G-Sync works FLAWLESSLY with the default range (no editing of anything on my part) of 48-144hz. I have the latest 1020.0 firmware and I set freesync to ultimate engine before I installed the drivers. I used DDU then installed the latest drivers, rebooted, installed the DP driver for my monitor with the official Samsung monitor driver installation app (I have to use every time I use DDU as it removes the driver) reinstalled the drivers over top the existing clean installation, G-Sync was already detected and turned on in the control panel. I then went to setup G-Sync and ticked enable for windowed and full screen mode, then ticked enable settings for the selected display model. When I go into my OSD -> information it says FreeSync 2 in the monitor icon which I have never seen before. When I go into CRU it says default range 48-144hz. The pendulum demo works without a single issue throughout the 48-144 fps range with absolutely no ghosting or flickering at any range. I had the leaked G-sync drivers for my laptop about 2 years ago that enabled g-sync with no official module and it worked perfectly then as it does now.

So, I have default 48-144hz g-sync working perfectly on my 2560*1440 monitor with absolutely no extra tinkering through CRU or anything. Just regular setup stuff and it is perfect. BTW I have it connected to DP (obviously) and I know there was an update for the DP port issued by nVidia a while back although someone suggested that I update with a different file that had an even newer version of the DP software which I used (I don't know if this explains the ease of use I am experiencing or if it has to do with having the latest 1020 FW for my monitor).

19. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    what windows build?
    im on win 10 1709

20. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    win 10 1809