[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS5 - BUILD 17763.107 - RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 20, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yeah I've been googleing and haven't been able to find much. The performance is much better without it so it would be nice to not need it.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    tensai28 likes this.
  3. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    That's good enough for me thanks. I'll leave it disabled. At least I have some protection. I only use this system for entertainment. My other pc which I use for everything else and work has full protection.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The blank notifications should be fixed in the cumulative build currently on Preview ring.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Have they brought this back to being official or is it still a considered a preview build? If not, at this rate they might as well skip to the next version.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    You, mean1809, as far as I know, it is officially released but it seems MS is still holding it back to DL for some systems.

tensai28 likes this.
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its full release, but preview ring is being used to test culmulative updates ported back from current insider.

tensai28 likes this.
  8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4476976/windows-10-update-kb4476976

Improvements and fixes
    This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to stop working with certain display drivers.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause third-party applications to have difficulty authenticating hotspots.
    • Addresses an issue that causes promotions of non-root domains to fail with the error, “The replication operation encountered a database error.” The issue occurs in Active Directory forests in which optional features like Active Directory recycle have been enabled.
    • Addresses an issue related to the date format for the Japanese era calendar. For more information, see KB4469068.
    • Addresses a compatibility issue with AMD R600 and R700 display chipsets.
    • Addresses an audio compatibility issue when playing newer games with 3D Spatial Audio mode enabled through multichannel audio devices or Windows Sonic for Headphones.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause audio playback to stop responding when playing Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) audio content after using a Seek operation such as rewind.
    • Addresses an issue that allows users to uninstall apps from the Start menu when the “Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start menu” group policy is set.
    • Addresses an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you click the Turn On button for the timeline feature. This issue occurs when the "Allow upload of user activities" group policy is disabled.
    • Addresses an issue that prevents users from installing a Local Experience Pack from the Microsoft Store when that language is already set as the active Windows display language.
    • Addresses an issue that causes some symbols to appear in a square box on a text control.
    • Addresses an issue with two-way audio that occurs during phone calls for some Bluetooth headsets.
    • Addresses an issue that may turn off TCP Fast Open by default on some systems.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause applications to lose IPv4 connectivity when IPv6 is unbound.
    • Addresses an issue on Windows Server 2019 that may break connectivity on guest virtual machines (VMs) when applications inject the low-resource flag on packets.
    • Addresses an issue that occurs if you create a page file on a drive with FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE characteristics. The “Windows created a temporary warning” message appears.
    • Addresses an issue that causes Remote Desktop Services to stop accepting connections after accepting several connections.
    • Addresses an issue in Windows Server 2019 that causes a Hyper-V VM to remain at the bootloader screen for OS selection when restarting the machine. This issue occurs when Virtual Machine Connection (VMConnect) is attached.
    • Addresses an issue with rendering of end-user-defined characters (EUDC) in Microsoft Edge.
    • Updates the Ltotape.sys driver to add native support for Linear Tape-Open 8 (LTO-8) tape drives.
    If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Im staying on 1803 for the foreseeable

1809 has crap game performance, slow file copying between drives, breaks audio settings and lots lots more

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ~0 fps difference with 1803.

Looks the same to me.

No issues with audio here either.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For audio issues there was a long standing problem with Creative but I think it was mainly for the insider builds for 19H1 / 1903 and whatever the name for that build will be now that Redstone is at an end as far as I'm aware after RS5 and 1809 so it doesn't really apply here to this build of Windows 10 so unless it's something that's on Creative and their drivers which I don't have the best opinion about I'm not aware of any other sound issues. (Squeal of death was a fun experience back with Vista before driver maturity was fully in place but that was years ago.)

My own Asus card is clicking an awful lot on boot now after .292 which went from insider branch to full release yesterday for the newest cumulative but then again Asus and audio drivers yeah they have a pretty lackluster support for these even with the higher end premium models. (And the card is technically a USB audio device running on something through PCI-E so that might be part of it too whatever the latest cumulative did to USB or other system components or drivers.)

Clicking on boot aside though it's still working same as before, guessing Asus could technically fix it in a driver but these are very infrequent and the devices go EoL after a year or so seemingly with future support cut entirely.
    (Haven't heard anything new from them either, guessing they might be focusing on other venues of hardware instead then or at least taking a break from the Xonar and similar series of audio cards.)

EDIT: Or it might be starting to fail really, might be time to look into a bigger overhaul on the audio side for the next build whenever that can happen.
    (Corsair also set the SP2500 to EOL some years ago, liked the speakers for a 2.0 system. Maybe some external system next time or well could be anything.)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've had clicking issues on DirectSound output on my X-Fi Ti on 1803 in some programs, these were completely fixed on 1809.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, guessing 1809 has some fixes but sometimes the hardware provider is a bit behind on support on the driver side of things. Creative appears to have improved over the years and well there's Realtek but no-one probably knows why they have almost bi-weekly driver updates or more ha ha.

I'll just chalk it up to Asus on my side of things here, last driver is from what mid 2016 somewhere and then total silence? So that's 1700 somewhere or RS3 or lower at best probably Redstone 2 or lower for the Windows 10 driver if anything were to need a update.
    (Not quite the same as a display driver after all but there are other outstanding issues too.)

EDIT: Well yeah 1809 probably has a ton of fixes and under the hood improvements same as always even if the features are more of a highlight or focusing on things like apps and such.

EDIT: Especially since the cumulative updates mainly focus on security fixes and critical regressions or bugs in-between major builds of the OS on this current twice a year schedule.

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I definitely did nothing different when installing 1809, i prefer always to clean install rather than upgrade

went back to 1803 and issues went away, i might try it again if it better than it was a few months ago

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeeeeeah, I definitely wouldn't say that =) There were no driver updates for X-Fi Ti since 2016 or so.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Thanks, now waiting proper metadata support. (DLNA direct streaming support would be appreciated too.)

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Same here.

Creative Sound Card.

18. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    That really varies from setup to setup. For me 1803 is far worse than 1809, especially on BF V, but both are rubbish compared to 1709 performance.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    so true performance varies from setup to setup and has been true for very very long time, which the natures of PC,

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    1607/1703 were butter smooth and 1709/1803 were smoother than 1809/19H1. I also confirm audio problems even with my AE5 not just an extremely old XFI or just old SBZ. But I can't do anything. I just wait 1903 with false hopes.