GeForce 417.71 Game Ready Driver - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Keno34, Jan 15, 2019.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well, i have Freesync enabled on the monitor, unplugged and plugged the monitor again, restarted the system several times and nothing shows up. I must be doing something wrong or maybe it´s because i´m still with W7. The only thing missing is reinstalling the drivers again or a fresh install of Windows. I´ll wait for newer drivers to see if this issue disappears.

2. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    what was weird was all the tick boxes im supposed to tick to switch it on was already enabled for me. Even though it was my monitor is not validated (With 40-60hz never will be) So ive used CRU to increase the lower range to 20hz. Edit: Scratch that. Monitor really didnt like it

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  3. Michael Chen

Michael Chen Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC-U
    G-sync compatible works with Acer XZ321QU:
    Navigate the monitor OSD menu to disable HDR first, then enable Freesync.
    Go to the "setup G-sync" in Nvidia control panel, remember to check the "Enable settings for the selected display model".
    With the "Refresh Rate Num" enabled in monitor OSD, it's confirmed the monitor refresh rate sync with the game FPS.
    The Nvidia pendulum demo and AC:Odyssey shows no tearing.

4. dexth77

dexth77 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX970 SLI
    If you re-enable HDR after Freesync, the freesync on the monitor automatically turned off, correct? Anyway to enable both freesync and HDR?

5. sniperbr0

sniperbr0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC BLACK 1080TI
    Says on nvidia website that it will only work on Windows 10

H83 likes this.
  6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Ah then that´s it. Thanks for the info!

7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    After a bit of messing around i've managed to get the Ultimate Freesync range working nicely on my Samsung C27FG70
    i used CRU and change the freesync range to 55-144 instead of the default 70-144 and created a custom resolution same as the default ~(1920x1080@144hz) in NVCP but i used 143hz and when applied VRR/Freesync is working very nicely in the Nvidia pendulum demo . if i don't use the custom resolution freesync Ultimate is just a complete mess with stuttering and smearing in the demo , i dont no why this works for me, but it just does , i can see a massive difference in smoothness , stuttering and tearing in the demo compared to on and off .

i also have a Benq XL2730Z as my second monitor but i haven't tried it yet (i will when i have more time later )

8. Shadow

Shadow Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gaming OC
    Sorry for being dumb but what is this driver all about? Is there any point in performance or quality?

I current have a Zotac 1080TI and a LG 24GM77-B 24" 144Hz. Will this benefit me in anyway?

Thanks

9. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Doesn't seem to work with 4K BenQ EW3270U. Using DP, everything on in NP. No biggy, not my primary monitor, but would of been cool if it worked.

10. Zangetsu38

Zangetsu38 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI
    euuu after more test and more no understund lol, i have get perfect freesync with Standard and Ultimate mode, and CRU say me i have rang limit 40-60 on Ultimate and 50-60 in standard, and just i no understund, tested Resident 2 et pandolum is full perfect

11. WoodyHxC

WoodyHxC Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970/ 4GB
    Is there any chance someone will modify drivers fro G-Sync to work with Maxwell based GPU's on Freesync monitors ?

12. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    can someone clarify this subject for me....
    So far G-Sync monitors works with nvidia and Freesync with AMD card
    does this driver allows the freesync monitors to work with nvidia cards? if yes whats the catch?

p.s when i wrote "work" i meant utilize the freesync technology.....

13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Tested and verified. LG 27UD58-B.

Tested with an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3. The experience is the same as my Vega 11 (not that I expected it to be any different).

Thank you Nvidia for finally doing the right thing. :)

Maddness likes this.
  14. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Maddness likes this.
  15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    NVIDIA did this to attack the selling point of AMD of AMD GPU + FreeSync monitor is better value for smooth gaming experience vs NV GPU + Gsync.
    Exactly. Catch depends on how well VRR is implemented on your monitor. Win10 and Pascal/Turing only over DisplayPort. (HDMI support not confirmed whether HDMI 2.1 will work)

I suppose if someone has an active or passive DP to HDMI adapter if that will work.

16. nvmaxx

nvmaxx Member

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080ti FTW 3
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  17. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    Maybe in some months it will happen.

18. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    Adaptive Sync works with my Asus MG297Q with no issues. I tested with my other monitor, an AOC 3279VWFD6 and at first there was terribly laggy with Freesync on, then i turned the monitor off and then on and it seems to work now. Will test it out further.

PS: i used the Gsync demo to test it.

19. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I couldn't get it to work. As soon as I enable HDR in the monitor Freesync turned off. It's one or the other on the Acer xz321qu

fleggy likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I won't lie, I'm tempted to get a FreeSync / VRR monitor now...
    kudos to NV for implementing this feature.

Though I don't understand limiting it to Pascal / Turing, isn't Maxwell Gsync compatible too? So should be technically possible for this to work on Maxwell?

Money making schemes aside.