Do you carry a pocket knife? If so what kind?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by jbscotchman, Jan 7, 2019.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nobody appears to be trying to force their philosophical or political ideologies on anyone here. The OP asked if people carry a pocket knife and if so, what kind.

Yes, some of us carry knives. Some for utility, some for self-defense. I personally have knives for both occasions and carry what I need, when I need it. I'd love to be able to travel through my city without having to worry about my own safety. Unfortunately, the local police department is utterly useless.... If you're forced to call 911 for police, it'll be 30-45 minutes before they bother to respond. That's the reality that some of us live with....

We all live in different areas of the world under different circumstances. The best way to learn about different parts of the world, is to talk to people that live in those places. If you ever decide to travel to other countries, you'll know what to expect and where to avoid.

And now the thread has gone political.....

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Actually it was just a joke based on his coffee cup and that awful ragged pad. If YOU want to complain and FORCE a political issue, you go right ahead. I'm not.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just old bottles of Kentucky Deluxe whiskey, yeah I'm not a real tidy guy.

airbud7 likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, that's why I stated that I don't carry one, and that's the end of anything I could add of quality. That's why I don't want to say anymore, and don't need to say anymore. :)

jbscotchman likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That is your human right. Cheers to that!

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just as it is your right to carry a knife or gun according to your laws :)
    Like I said, to each their own, I can't take away the evil boys' weapons in your parts, so I wouldn't think about taking those of citizens who have theirs rightfully as well.

Just mentioning it, Vienna, the capital of Austria, is more or less thinking about making the city a weapons free zone, with no knives or guns allowed. Probably only a publicity stunt though.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hey I totally agree with you, but a man or woman should be able to defend themselves. There a lot of nutjobs out there.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    Looks like a nice knife. Certainly appears sturdy. Is it carbon-steel or stainless? Good luck with it either way.

[OFFTOPIC] We appear to have similar tastes in mice and keyboards. Not so much in mousepads, I keep my bottle of Jack Daniels in the bottom drawer of my desk, however, so as to maintain at least the illusion of lady-like behavior. [/OFFTOPIC]

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah it's time to get a new mousepad, I've spilled to many drinks on it over the last few years :p The knife is all stainless with a blackwash finish, very sturdy, and very sharp right out of the box. Just the tip alone will shave hair off your arm.

[OFFTOPIC] Cheers to you my fellow whiskey drinker!

JaxMacFL likes this.
  10. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Crown Royal Black here “Neat”. CHEERS

jbscotchman likes this.

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I always have a knife on me. I use it quite a bit but more because of my job than anything. I also just like having it on me, knives have so many uses it's crazy. I don't think of my knife for self defense except as a last resort as I carry a pistol for that purpose. I also go hiking and camping quite a bit so knives are a no brainer.

12. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Damn this thing is sharp! I was oiling the blade and mechanism and accidentally got nicked by the point on my thumb and bled for nearly 30 minutes! This is a good thing though, it means it can easily take down people who are a potential risk to public safety which is why I bought it. **** I'm still bleeding! Guess it's time to bust out the paper towels and tape. I'll be all right. Great budget knife!

airbud7 likes this.
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahahaha!.....So you cut yourself with knife that this thread was created upon!....:p

hope your ok jb!...:)

PS: Put down the knife jb!.......:p

jbscotchman likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol, it is pretty funny to be honest. :D

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I usually have a multi tool around that has a knife, but if i carry a separate knife it a Gerber Ridge, just a little guy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'd probably go see a doctor and ask why I hadn't stopped bleeding for almost half an hour from a little nick on my thumb

And then a psychiatrist and ask why I want to stab people

airbud7 likes this.
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Not here....he would get a bill for more than a 2080ti sli would cost and jb would take the sli setup first!

Just a little cut!.......:p

jbscotchman and Extraordinary like this.
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I think he's trying to imply it's super sharp. A clean cut bleeds longer than a ragged one. But yeah, anything more than 5 minutes bleeding... he might think about reducing his daily intake of rat poison... those old wives tales...:eek:

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah it was a very clean cut and deeper than I thought , but I'm totally fine. And no I don't want to stab people, it's for self defense and defense of others if the situation should ever arise.