Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Patch 1.1.2 is out. :)

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1981040-Assassin-s-Creed-Odyssey-1-1-2-Patch-Notes

And...

CTRLC+CTRLV

EDIT: Well the in-spoiler, spoiler tag aside it kinda worked. :D

No it actually worked better than expected as those are quest related changes and thus spoilers. :)
    (Well someo f them, last four or so.)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Death_LV likes this.
  2. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This is easily the most supported Ubisoft game I can ever remember.. Origins was supported very well but Ubisoft is almost erasing the fact I'm supposed to hate them with their support on ACO.. It's the game that keeps on giving...

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's up there as of Ubisoft shifting gears into "GAAS" or Gaming As A Service and having a continual cycle of updates and content add-ons. Wildlands (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon) is up to year 3 now with additions and both free and premium content and patches which I think is the longest. Division might be up with these too.

The amount of additions and enhancements they did provide for Origins and now Odyssey is quite high too and without the game being more focused on online and multiplayer too. :)

styckx likes this.
  4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    man i think i messed up the cultist quest " assassin's creed odyssey aegean sea "

i think i killed him way early in the game but his slot is still dark and i can't get him to come out at all , i'm lvl 50 mostly finished with the game !!!!

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    This is the key statement right here.. Rockstar is experiencing this right now with RDR. People are loving single player, and finding online boring with absolutely nothing to do..

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Had the same thing with a suspected cultist in a quarry. Killed him and his elite guards while looting the place. The kill wouldn't count later when the cultists where revealed and so his death blocks the whole arc from unlocking for me.
    Started over from scratch.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

nope , i'm not starting from scratch :p

on another note , turning off AA reduces the stuttering a lot , the game runs so smooth without AA , i don't need it that much @ 4k thb

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I don't have that game but I'm reading the patch notes when they come out, out of curiosity. Now I'm seeing Level Scaling options? That's... impressive.

When was the last time a developer officially provided (even with a patch later on) the player with options to set their preferred way on how enemies will scale their level versus you (or vice versa) in modern gaming? Maybe I haven't bought enough games in the past couple of years to really know, hence why I'm genuinely wondering about that one. There has to be some guy in the team who happens to be an actual gamer himself (or herself) to have been able to suggest that around to make it happen. That's not the stuff we're used to see in patch notes. Usually it's about bug fixes, balance changes, exploit fixes (for multiplayer components or game modes) and the likes, and the occasional notes about upcoming DLCs or support for it.

Not things about "Hey guys, here, we're gamers too so there's something about gameplay that isn't related to bugs that we wanted to simply add to the game to make it even better for being more modular to fit your tastes". Things like that I would except from Indie games where the guys aren't pushed around by their bosses (publishers / shareholders) to rush the game out. But not from Ubisoft. Now, granted, the last Ubisoft game I bought was Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. I skipped every single Ubisoft games they made ever since, all of them; not even joking. Last one was legit Blood Dragon.

So... they've changed? I'm tempted to buy this game now... I'm baffled.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well i bought it on sale at 30, its a good game, the only real knock on it is the cash shop garbage, but you can hack all that garbage into the game anyway :p. Which is just skins for the most part so meh.

They also seem to be using this as a "game as a service" where the add content now and then. Which i guess could be a good thing which seems all they talking about is treating single player titles more like MMOs back in the day that got regular content updates. But we have seen this go bad in the case of FFXV but that game had massive development issues. And sofar the odessey offering seems good, when you hear players complain their is "too much content" in a game i guess that is a good complaint to have less you are one of those completionists that have to do EVERYTHING. Then it might be a actual strike against the game, because there is a TON to do,

Dunno about the scaling thing tho i not mucked with options, but that would cut the grind out i guess and make it like old "AC" games. So you could do everything out the gate i guess, wo the hours of "grind" which you can vary up to a decent degree but it is a grind. See how they did it i guess one of these evenings.

10. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Teh scaling only works when you are above enemy level.

even with it on a level 50 island is still full of level 50 enemies and some bounty hunters will also be higher than you.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Ubi has stepped up their game big time with new Creed games, Division etc.
    They're a top developer now. Yes their games are notably "Ubi" still but for the better, definitely.

Witcher 3 had enemy upscaling too (2015) but that's the only one I know of.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yes, they improved tremendously in the last two years. They finally understood that loot boxes and reiterative boring gameplay don't pay off in the long term... Better late than never. Well, with Far Cry they're actually still offering a pretty bland gameplay, but FC5 was at least indeed better than the previous ones.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dunno about fc5 being better than 4 nm 3 ;P.

I found it wholly meh hated the story, most of the characters were just blah including the bad guys who in all the games have either been good, to amazing. 5 the story makes no sense at all if you really look at it hard, even allowing your guy is just drug addled out his mind the entire time, things still do not hold up.

A very off far cry game for me since ubisofts first one.

But yea AC was stale old and done and they managed to reignite it by adding in RPG elements and adding more stuff to do basically.

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I don't even consider the story part in Far Cry. It has always been in my opinion a secondary aspect in the franchise, it's just a reason like another to kill people. :D

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I was very sceptical when AC Origins with RPG elements was announced because i feared it would affect the combat too much.
    Gotta say both Origins and Odyssey made everything so much better from previous titles that even the great BlackFlag - the best pirate game ever done imo - now feels kinda bland.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/ag603i/assassins_creed_3_remastered_info/

Bigger effort going into this than I thought, nice to see though even if Assassin's Creed 3 wasn't my favorite in the series (That's still the second game.) but they are changing a lot of things both graphics and game play wise so it'll be interesting to see more about AC3 Remaster when it's out. :)

EDIT: 1.1.3 is also out but it's primarily a issue with loading save games crashing the game so it's a short hot-fix instead of a extensive number of changes and improvements though it also silences the nag screen for "Please buy DLC hidden blade episode 2" or well some little prompt notifying the users it had been released, again and again and over and over ever time the game was started prior to this update taking care of that little issue. :p

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well Got the game cheap so I picked it up,I own about 5 Assassin games and never played more than 4-5 hrs total.

Started this game and 8 hrs later I needed a break.
    What a beautiful game and exactly the kind of game I do love playing.

Playing 4k Maxed out and I do not even mind the talking in the cut scenes, it just looks so good, plays freaking fantastic and smooth.
    Looks like I will be putting in a couple hundred hrs on this one and maybe go back and play Origins if it is same kinda game play.

18. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    It is, but way less rpg'ish… Some of the quest are better though, mostly because they are linear...…. But, I love the setting better for odyssey. Im 126 hours in only 52% main quest and level 53 lol. I have traveled almost 1000 real world miles in it though lmmmfao

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Time played 157 Hours
    Main progresion 70%
    PLayer Level 63
    Total Kills 4601
    Distance travelled 1490129

reached a point I could try out what was on offer in the first DLC and as i had become such a beast in the main game I thought it would be a pushover I WAS WRONG SO WRONG I got my ass handed to me and felt like a headless chicken lol

I have so many ? and missions left on my map and even full areas and islands I've not even reached still but it does not feel like a chore because I know I get to play all of them my way at my own pace and while having an adventure they are no longer just icon sweeps I wont care about or not have fun doing or wont find rewarding to do.that in a nut shell is the beauty of this game.

Good to see ubisoft getting some praise after so many years of doing us all wrong they are now back in our hearts as a trusted company like back in the days of SPlinter Cell and original AC titles and it should be reconsidered that if they put the work in to make games you can keep on playing post launch making every dollar you spent a worthy investment they truly have changed for the better. They turned around R6 they turned around Division they turned around For Honour and Ghost Recon and now AC. All that is left is a new Splinter game on the same level and they will be pure gold. ActivisionBlizz EA and Bethesda need to learn from them and learn from them quickly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    148h - 64% - Level 47. Total kills 5522 - 1621317.
    And yeah i restarted when i was level 40 because of broken cultist quests.