Mass Effect is not dead?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by mbk1969, Dec 3, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    never was a jax guy but she pulls it off.

2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    if anyone is gonna try out those mods for ME2\ME3 please leave some feedback on it.

very interested to try it in a few weeks.. drowning in work ATM. will start ME2 again probably
    in February or something.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I will.
    Also there is mod for ME2 (probably for ME3 too) which makes independent cooldowns for abilities, like in ME1. It meddles with cooked ini-files - changes one specific variable. But I am not sure I want to try that.

4. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    got a free weekend eventually and i wanna start ME2 so im gonna use that mod.
    thought its gonna be a work weekend but i managed to finish tons of work this week.

will probably update you before :)

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I modded ME2 with ALOT texture mod yesterday, and I am impressed again. Of course difference is not as huge as with ME1 but it is there.

XenthorX likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    i've installed ME2 with all the fancy texture pack available a couple weeks ago. This game remains a modern masterpiece, i love it !
    Also playing it with a gamepad, chilling, is awesome hehe

mbk1969 likes this.
  7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    morning. well bad news ;/

ME2 crashes 10-15 mins within the game if im installing the ALOT mod. iv browsed the nexus posts and searched for a solution,
    i tried to install only the main Mod without Add-ons.. wasted a few hours on it and nothing worked. tried a fresh install and newer drivers
    as a last resort.. nothing helped. not even changing video settings and reducing shadows\dynamic light. never happened to me in earlier
    plays without Mods. and of course im talking about a legit copy, i never pirate games.

will have to play without it, at least in ME2. hope the third game won't give me problems with the Mod.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @coc

That`s unfortunate. I was in modded ME2 game session less then 10 minutes, so I can face that failure too.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    btw something i always do and its kinda tedious, but it makes sense if you'r obsessed
    with the trilogy like me :)

i am scanning planets for sufficient resources ( around 200K ) right after the first mission.
    after that im doing the Normandy crash site.

at this moment the game really begins at Omega :)

that's the only real problem i had with ME2, the idiotic planet scanning.
    other than that and some minor bugs its a flawless game. not too many games
    reach these heights ME2 does.

im playing a Soldier class this time, and on highest difficulty.. well its far from easy.
    game-play wise its awesome. hasn't aged at all.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And I use save editor to increase all materials and money to not spend time on planet scanning.

13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    that Gibbed editor ? i tried to use it several years ago. it made my ME games totally
    broken. for some reason i noticed im not getting upgrades i pick in ME3 ( for example )
    and sometimes didn't get Paragon\Renegade points after a conversation ( both in ME2 and ME3 ).

i must be doing something wrong if other people use it :)

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You must be. I use those gibbed editors for both ME2 and ME3 for a year or two now without any problems.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yeah probably missed some tutorial or did something that messed it up.

anyway im starting ME2 ( recruiting Mordin ) as the first mission - tonight.

maybe il be ready for next year with the stupid scanning. lol ;)

just curious - why you use it for ME3 ? im always taking the same save from ME1-ME3 each play i complete.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    When I import ME3 character from either ME2 save or fresh ME3 one I give enough money to buy all merchandise and to upgrade all weapons. Also I unlock armors - to try different ones.
    Most often I want Ashley be saved at Virmire, but sometimes Kaidan.
    I play only female Shepard, and I romance mostly Liara, but sometimes I try other choices.

Also you can reset skill points with the help of gibbed editors.

17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    ah alright.. i prefer the "clean" way. doing everything by myself, that means more hours
    wasted on the game itself. i will do my homework on that Gibbed before the next ME2 run, cause
    the scanning is a waste of time. will update about the ALOT mod on ME3, hope its gonna work.

18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It is working for all ME games here.

One time I used ME2 gibbed editor to return the loyalty of Miranda (or it could be Jack). If you postpone loyalty mission for one of them to late stages of game you can face situation afterward where you have neither Paragon nor Renegade dialog options to maintain the loyalty of brawling ladies. And I just boosted the Paragon points in editor, having no heart to witness the death during suicide mission.

19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well i never have this problem. Paragon\Renegade ( one of em ) is always open for me since im importing a compelte
    ME1 save. i guess the Gibbed is a good option if you wanna have all the options avaiable. i dislike the idea, i think
    im gonna use it in the future for tedious stuff. i prefer clean runs... i just like waste time on the ME world i guess.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Me too. Seems like it is not the case of importing. I searched and it can be that the later in the game the higher tresholds for Paragon/Renegade dialog options (at least for some events).

Mass Effect surprises me very often. For example, one time Mordin died in suicide mission despite all party members being loyal. And recently I stumbled on text about that - like if you take two strong soldiers (Garus, Grant) with you for the last stage of the mission the weaker member could die despite being loyal. So I bring Mordin and Miranda with me (using their Incinerate and Warp to help me destroy the human reaper) (and enjoying Miranda giving a finger to Illusive Man).