Voltage control works initially but then locks up on me. Why?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by jjagger, Jan 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjagger

jjagger Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb
    Hello, I'm trying to use AB to make a couple profiles for overclocking and undeervolting my GPU. I have a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ which upon first time install of afterburner everything seems to work fine. But then somehow within a day or two the voltage control greys out and I can no longer change it.

Can anyone tell me how this lock up is occuring?? Is it some safety in the software? Is the program communicating with something else and locking up?

Any ideas would help out a lot!

Ideally I'd like to use one program for all the GPU adjustments and AB is nice because it pairs with rivaturner and gives me a nice OSD for monitoring

2. jjagger

jjagger Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb
    Ever since I blocked afterburner in windows 10 firewall I dont seem to have problems anymore. I dont know what kind of communication afterburner is doing in the background and breaking functionality maybe someone can explain it

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Aggressive stupidity is not tolerated here. One more post about crapware and you lose access to forum, boy.

4. jjagger

jjagger Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 Nitro+ 4gb
    Just looking for answers.

Also Im simply letting people know to block afterburner in their firewall if theyre having problems with features getting locked up. Its a simple fix worth trying for people who experience the same issue

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    The only thing AB checks is for new versions which can be unchecked so it doesn't. If that check was locking up your computer you've got other problems. The guy you responded to is the developer so his reaction is quite understandable.

Andy_K likes this.
  6. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    uh no its not its neither acceptable nor understandable for any developer to react with threats its super unprofessional not that the op is not nuts but I have seen stranger bugs then a update check causing unrelated problems I have had issues with ab's updater causing momentary program hitches my self so its not out of the question if there is something else going on on his machine

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I fail to understand why some of you feel that it is OK to post lie statements and insult developer by calling the application "crapware" and "spyware" then cry that the developer is suddenly threating to lock your account. If you call it a threat, you've absolutely nothing to do in this section. Avoid posting here please and leave app for more mature people able to think. You may call it threat at well, take it as the final warning. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.