Review: Corsair IronClaw RGB mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh wait, there's one more. Our third mouse review this week is the IronClaw RGB mouse. Designed with a comfortable fit and some pretty iCUE related features this critter might be just what the doctor...

Review: Corsair IronClaw RGB mouse

BlindBison likes this.
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This will likely be my next mouse. I'm still on my 5 year old Logitech G500s (and I reaaaally love that mouse, had the previous iterations of it too), despite having a K95 keyboard for almost 2 years. It will match and looks like somewhat similar, size wise, since Logitech's current mice line-up does not impress me one bit. If I could go back in time, I would have bought like 5x G500s... :oops:

3. GreenAlien

GreenAlien Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    Is it possible to add a "Noise Level" test or at least a few sentences with that topic to these mouse reviews? I have a hard time finding a good silent gaming mouse that does not bother others in the room in the middle of the night with no or almost no background noise...

4. quantum hacker

quantum hacker Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275 - 896 MB
    Nahhh,.,, like others have said, unibody mouse-button designs fowl button feel and response. So, yeah, no, this is middling consumer crap.

Edit: Just kidding. I still don't like unibody though. Apple does that and it's so awful trying to hold a mouse button while lifting the mighty mouse.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I find this question fascinating. A gaming mouse does (should) not make any noise, any if not all of them have PTFE glide skirts (that's the material you know as Kevlar). The noise you hear is the surface contact area. So if you have mousemat based on a harder dimpled material, that is responsible for the noise. My advice, a soft rubber of cloth based mousemat would probably fix your issue with acoustics.

Now I am not trying to plug Corsair or anything, but I just moved the IrconClaw as I have four mousemats closeby, the rubber ones make the most noise, and the new Corsair MM350 is by far the most silent (cloth cover).

BlindBison likes this.
  6. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I can't speak for GreenAlien but I'd imagine that a large part of the noise is from the buttons?

12 years later I'm still using my (original) G5 and while it's not quiet I'd say it's about on par with my scissor-switch keyboard on noise. Personally I'd value noise readings for just about any hardware but since it seems most reviewers have ambient noise levels higher than what I personally find acceptable it's never really been worth pursuing.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never owned a Corsair mouse but looks like this is the good way to start with.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I just got asus strix evolve 3days ago (RIP razer copperhead you served me well lol), top mouse and very customizable!

And what's most important for me it's for both hands. I'm left handed.

9. GreenAlien

GreenAlien Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC
    Indeed, with "noise" I meant the clicking noise from the buttons. I should have clarified it right away, but as you explained, movement is almost silent so I didn't even think about it.

For casual/office mice there are a lot that are advertised as "silent". Example
    Unfortunately, for gaming mice that's not really a thing.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Still happy with my Dark Core. :)

11. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I think Logitech have the right idea - let the mouse store your settings so if the software ever fails or you take your mouse to a friend’s house, you keep your last profile used.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I'm stuck between this and the M65 RGB Elite mouse....

So, Hilbert, how does this mouse compare to a Logitech G502 mouse?

According to Hilbert's review, this mouse will do the same....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    No swappable side buttons though so already it loses out on 20% of potential sales (20% of the population are left handed - ambidextrous design like the G Pro Wireless suits all)

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    For right handed users, that's not even close to being considered a con.... Being that I'm a right handed user, I couldn't possibly care less that left handed users are left out. Most of the left handed people I know, are perfectly fine using a right handed mouse. The only lost sales, would be to those that will only use a left-hand capable mouse. Those that have learned to use a mouse with their right hand, will still be willing to buy it.

15. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    G Pro Wireless is still a way better mouse. Better shape, perfect response times, great sensor and great battery life.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The IronClaw RGB and M65 Elite are both $60USD whereas the Logitech G Pro Wireless is roughly $143USD..... As far as the "better shape", that is completely subjective.