Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    LOL yea water is deadly atm, swimming to be done later.

Fishing maybe? I cant recall it ever being brought up, but we can buy fish for fish tanks, and we will need to feed our crews and ourselves on occasion so would make sense that you should be able to fish in some fashion.

Humanoid_1 likes this.
  2. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Good point, I'd almost forgotten about the whole collecting rare fish from around the Galaxy's systems we can visit.
    Surely we aren't just going to buy these from vendors on these planets when they by chance have one in stock.

That and the whole smuggling endangered animals from some Xian restricted planets to sell on the black market. Those we would have to catch ourselves surely as there is no infrastructure on some of those planets and it is Highly illegal. (if you were into that kinda thing)
    Such as trying to smuggle flo-pets from Eealus III (Xian conservation planet with many artificial zones to simulate habitats from many planets all on one) or the rare Midas fish from Cassel.

As Star Citizen gets fleshed out there will be more time for devs to add extra touches like these. A while back Chris Roberts said, as long as people are interested in Star Citizen then they will never stop adding to it & developing it.

cerebus23 likes this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i think they been playing with generating some animal types. Fish would sort of make sense since you would need tons of variety for different planets with water.

And not like NMS did not generate animals and stuff. So CIG could to some degree automate populating water and etc biomes.

I certainly do not see them 3d modeling thousands of species to hand place on planets. Though i think the ones coming with hurston were hand designed. Like that creepy floaty thing.

We will see though how they go forward when they get down to creating the larger universe. That is still a ways off and probably not a huge focus.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Posted an Ultrawide 4K video of current live patch doing some shopping and exploring the free week event expo. in game.

HandR and cerebus23 like this.

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It seems Crytek has, for all intents and purposes, been told they have no case against Star Citizen. To me it seems everybody is recognizing that this is Crytek grasping at straws because of their financial situation.

HandR and cerebus23 like this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    huge day in star citizen news.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/2-Squadron-42

s42 roadmap. with q2 2020 listed as a beta release listed as a target release.

Also today financial roadmaps, with earnings/spendings, their new limited partners, and other details people have tried to make hay with, seems CIG is being more forward with the financial stuff, now that that crytek stuff is about put to bed.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    cerebus23 likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea game runs fine with the network stuff mate :)

should give it a peep before they start adding the super caps with 20 30 person crews and tanks the fps again at lest locally. ;p

me i am waiting for 3.5 and the flight model rework before i setup my joystick, in game settings and hop back in but 3.3 was amazing for the fps outside loreville.

9. Hate to say I completely agree and this worries me as I really hope we're not going to see yet another game studio go defunct... Desperation is never attractive, neither is pettiness. Whichever of the two it was or both...or neither but it does make one feel like it looks that way.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Felt a bit bad for Crytek, seems like they helped the project get going and had nothing in return.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh crytek had nothing and they were tossing mud while looking for a payday. they have not been able to pay their own people in forever at this point, the actual development of cryengine was with CIG and amazon. and CIG had modified cryengine so much that they could not take crytek updates saying it WAS TOO MUCH WORK to translate them to work with what they were calling star engine at that point.

So CIG really could not offer crytek much in return, and part of the claims revolved them marketing another game engine? they are not they are marketing two games they are not in the game engine business, unless crytek goes bankrupt that could have been interesting if they could have sold star engine as its own game engine. But now its lumberyard they would be dealing with amazon on that.

crytek needs to clean its own house, file bankruptcy and try and rebuild the company or let it go. Stop filing fing garbage law suits.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here. I guess this means nothing.

https://i.**********/J0QQsLTx/slide-2.jpg

XenthorX likes this.
  14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    2020 Beta, then 6 more years untill a final release?

This project makes so many early access games look innocent.

15. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You don't know what you are talking about.

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Has anyone checked CIG's 2012-2017 financial info? Imho they seem at least $50M short of making it well into 2020 to release the S42 beta. I found a site -space4games- who've analysed it, included a future projection (TL;DR). Of course I don't know what they're up to financially, but 2019 could become interesting.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yeah with a 8800gts it will run lol

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    baffles me why people still talk about this game, and game is already in development limbo for years and will stay for years to come....no point discussing this

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    SQ42?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yup